Just now, -GD-X said:

Still doing p90x3?

Yeah last year I did the regular schedule and about half of the mass schedule before I stopped. I know so much more now than I did before though and the results speak for themselves even if they're coming slowly. Doing all of the cardio workouts + not eating enough healthy foods pretty much killed any potential gains. I still looked better overall when I stopped having lost a few pounds (that I didn't really need to lose tbh) but I think im making more progress now. Cutting all the cardio, eating better and eating more consistently, and trying to do as many of the resistance workouts as possible (I hate legs but I try not to skip it unless im overly sore. It has a pretty significant effect on your overall core which I didn't realize at first) were the real game changers. And of course I try to up my reps when possible for body weight exercises, and If Im using weights I slowly up the load for subsequent workouts (the 2.5 increments from the 552s are already helping a lot with this).

• aitch 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to get back to the gym   i got in much better shape last year when I was off work doing a 12 week challenge. Now I’m turning into TJ 

i started on 30 mins a week ago now up to this non stop rowing lol

🙂 still bro'ing  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

On the last week of the P90x3 schedule and am gonna restart it next week. I ended up plateauing with my weight gain so I need to figure that out, after 12 weeks I only put on around 10 pounds.

it sounds like you'll need to up the calories. also, you were averaging nearly .8 lbs a week. that's great! any more....and you'd have put on fat too. 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

it sounds like you'll need to up the calories. also, you were averaging nearly .8 lbs a week. that's great! any more....and you'd have put on fat too. 

Yeah maybe im overly ambitious but i'd like to gain another 15 or so pounds before I do a cut. I think when all is said and done that would put me in a good spot where ill look somewhat shredded and have noticeable muscle without being skinny.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah maybe im overly ambitious but i'd like to gain another 15 or so pounds before I do a cut. I think when all is said and done that would put me in a good spot where ill look somewhat shredded and have noticeable muscle without being skinny.

you should never gain more than a pound a week. trust me....the patience will pay off! dirty bulks SUCK! 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you should never gain more than a pound a week. trust me....the patience will pay off! dirty bulks SUCK! 

This guy from their test group was apparently putting on 1.5lb muscle a week if this comparison is legit. But I guess when you have a skinny build its harder for your body to store fat compared to being skinny fat (which is closer to my body type). And im sure his diet was very tightly controlled.

P90x3_Results.png

This guy from their test group was apparently putting on 1.5lb muscle a week if this comparison is legit. But I guess when you have a skinny build its harder for your body to store fat compared to being skinny fat (which is closer to my body type). And im sure his diet was very tightly controlled.

P90x3_Results.png

exactly. you will only want to gain a pound a week, for the reason you mentioned. 500 extra calories a day will help you break your plateau. ALWAYS monitor your daily calories. i'm on a light cut right now. i'm only taking in 2,000 a day. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

exactly. you will only want to gain a pound a week, for the reason you mentioned. 500 extra calories a day will help you break your plateau. ALWAYS monitor your daily calories. i'm on a light cut right now. i'm only taking in 2,000 a day. 

I was thinking of simply just adding more of a healthy oil (like olive oil) to my food as its high in calories. But I think it might also lead to me consuming an excess amount of fats so ill have to be mindful of that I guess.

I was thinking of simply just adding more of a healthy oil (like olive oil) to my food as its high in calories. But I think it might also lead to me consuming an excess amount of fats so ill have to be mindful of that I guess.

i'd add a solid balance of protein/carbs/fat. or protein/fat if you are limiting carbs. 

• Like 1

Sooooo these BIA scales are fucking nuts if they're actually somewhat accurate. According to my latest weight in, I put on 10 pounds of complete muscle (no fat). In fact, my body fat % actually went down by 0.1%. So it seems that I not only bulked a bit but my body went through a very small 'recomposition' type of phase where it burned some fat at the same time :ahmad: Also my metabolic age dropped from 25 to 24 (my actual age is 29).

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Sooooo these BIA scales are fucking nuts if they're actually somewhat accurate. According to my latest weight in, I put on 10 pounds of complete muscle (no fat). In fact, my body fat % actually went down by 0.1%. So it seems that I not only bulked a bit but my body went through a very small 'recomposition' type of phase where it burned some fat at the same time :ahmad: Also my metabolic age dropped from 25 to 24 (my actual age is 29).

Keep up the great work! 

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1
  • 1 year later...