Holy shit LMFAO.. thanks cows for funding the Epic Game Store... and all 180+ free games I've gotten from Epic

I remember Ghostz thought iOS was the biggest earner for Fortnite :drake:

"Court documents reveal that PlayStation 4 generated 46.8 percent of Fortnite’s total revenues from March 2018 through July 2020, while Xbox One, the second-highest platform, generated 27.5 percent. iOS ranked fifth, with just 7 percent of total revenue. The remaining 18.7 percent would have been split between Android, Nintendo Switch, and PCs."

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I remember Ghostz thought iOS was the biggest earner for Fortnite :drake:

"Court documents reveal that PlayStation 4 generated 46.8 percent of Fortnite’s total revenues from March 2018 through July 2020, while Xbox One, the second-highest platform, generated 27.5 percent. iOS ranked fifth, with just 7 percent of total revenue. The remaining 18.7 percent would have been split between Android, Nintendo Switch, and PCs."

I'm honestly shocked that mobile isn't the top earner though.  I would have thought it would have been.  But mostly I'm kinda just shocked how little the PC version is in the overall scheme of things.  I would have thought it was certainly bigger than Xbox alone.  Mind you this doesn't necessarily reflect the split between users, but rather how much money PS gamers are willing to part with compared to PC gamers on games like this.

Mobile being dead last is a surprise though.

Now we know why Epic wants to remove their walled garden so badly.  They want to make all the money possible from that sector, since it's vastly smaller than the others.

They should tread carefully when it comes to Sony though... you don't want to lose access to half your revenue generator :D 

i can't say i'm surprised. i've met a bunch of gamer chicks during the pandemic. some of them are hot af! every single one of them (except one) play multiplayer games on the ps4. they would try to get me to play, but i hate that stuff. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i can't say i'm surprised. i've met a bunch of gamer chicks during the pandemic. some of them are hot af! every single one of them (except one) play multiplayer games on the ps4. they would try to get me to play, but i hate that stuff. 

Really?  I thought most of the gamer girl streamer chicks played this shit on PC?

I mean, I think the most competitive side of the fanbase is probably certainly on PC... but who the fuck knows.. I had no idea PS alone would generate essentially 50% of the revenue.  I thought it would be like 40% mobile, 35% console, and 25% PC.

PS gamers really like spending money on cosmetics and DLC shit huh..

Sony's profits are absolutely insane, and it's easy to understand why.  DLC/micro transactions are the biggest revenue drivers by far.. which is why active users is the biggest and most accurate measure of success.

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Really?  I thought most of the gamer girl streamer chicks played this shit on PC?

I mean, I think the most competitive side of the fanbase is probably certainly on PC... but who the fuck knows.. I had no idea PS alone would generate essentially 50% of the revenue.  I thought it would be like 40% mobile, 35% console, and 25% PC.

PS gamers really like spending money on cosmetics and DLC shit huh..

Sony's profits are absolutely insane, and it's easy to understand why.  DLC/micro transactions are the biggest revenue drivers by far.. which is why active users is the biggest and most accurate measure of success.

i know some ugly troll bitches who compete on pc. however, the good looking ones (a few hags too) all rock playstation. why? no clue. maybe it's because they are casual (into gaming just to turn on dudes with their streams) and it's cheaper to buy a ps4 than a pc. but yeah, they are posting DLC/skins/how-sexy-they-look-with-a-headset in their IG stories. a lot of them have a twitch account too. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i know some ugly troll bitches who compete on pc. however, the good looking one (a few hags too) all rock playstation. why? no clue. maybe it's because they are casual (into gaming just to turn on dudes with their streams) and it's cheaper to buy a ps4 than a pc. but yeah, they are posting DLC/skins/how-sexy-they-look-with-a-headset in their IG stories. a lot of them have a twitch account too. 

:D 

34 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm honestly shocked that mobile isn't the top earner though.  I would have thought it would have been.  But mostly I'm kinda just shocked how little the PC version is in the overall scheme of things.  I would have thought it was certainly bigger than Xbox alone.  Mind you this doesn't necessarily reflect the split between users, but rather how much money PS gamers are willing to part with compared to PC gamers on games like this.

Mobile being dead last is a surprise though.

Now we know why Epic wants to remove their walled garden so badly.  They want to make all the money possible from that sector, since it's vastly smaller than the others.

They should tread carefully when it comes to Sony though... you don't want to lose access to half your revenue generator :D 

I'm not surprised, no semi serious gamer would primarily game on Mobile for a competitive shooter.  You would have to be @ghostz life matters level of retarded to do that.

When Fortnite came to Switch I believe in 2018, that summer all three consoles saw a huge increase in hardware sales driven by Fortnite.  That went all the way through the Holidays when each system had Fornite holiday bundles.   

Just now, Twinblade said:

this actually doesn’t surprise me. When I swipe on tinder I’m surprised at how many bitches mention COD in their profiles.

YES! i have hooked up with a good number of women who love that game. i have no fucking clue why. tinder and bumble. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

I'm not surprised, no semi serious gamer would primarily game on Mobile for a competitive shooter.  You would have to be @ghostz life matters level of retarded to do that.

When Fortnite came to Switch I believe in 2018, that summer all three consoles saw a huge increase in hardware sales driven by Fortnite.  That went all the way through the Holidays when each system had Fornite holiday bundles.   

Not really, switch runs an iOS port and you can use any Bluetooth controller with iOS. So there’s really no difference if your game of choice is fortnite tbh. Other games, sure. 

Mobile gaming market is way overrated. Most of the users are just looking for cheap thrills and free games.

If the game isn't some gacha model designed to make you spend money, it's most likely not a big earner.

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

holy shit playstation dominates pc :freeman:

Thanks for funding the Epic Game Store and the exclusive games... as well as all the hundreds of free games I've got  :geese: 

All because PS owners waste their money more than any other platforms... even the ones designed around wasting your money (phones) :rofl: 

2 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

Not really, switch runs an iOS port and you can use any Bluetooth controller with iOS. So there’s really no difference if your game of choice is fortnite tbh. Other games, sure. 

Switch version is not an iOS port fool, its based off the PS4/Xbox1 versions.

Just now, madmaltese said:

The king continually carrying this space. :takei:

Funding the peasant hermits with free games and also giving them old console scraps. Hermits are basically the dog waiting for crumbs to fall off the royal Playstation table :hmmski: 

Thanks for the games sucka :mj: 

:juggle: 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Thanks for funding the Epic Game Store and the exclusive games... as well as all the hundreds of free games I've got  :geese: 

All because PS owners waste their money more than any other platforms... even the ones designed around wasting your money (phones) :rofl: 

funding a storefront that takes a bite out of steam's marketshare, rips day 1 new releases from steam through exclusivity deals, and promotes developer backlash of steams scummy practices? all while giving sony a 30% cut of the biggest game in the world's revenue stream? anytime, pal :geese:

ffs even xbox is killing pc :omglol:

Edited by Quad Damage