Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you're the cover star  

Playstation  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's what you're saying with your post retard :drake:

lmao dude, I asked you a simple question.

What is AAA about Returnal's gameplay?

You're saying it's better than other games.

Ok, what's better about it? :drake: 

this review makes me think it's not for me:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/returnal-review-ps5-1234634128/

while they gave it a 10/10, i think it sucks that runs can be as long as 2 hours...yet you may get jack shit, in terms of building up your character. in hades, runs were like 20-30 minutes, and you'd always unlock something new. i need to read more reviews. i'm too old/tired for masochist gaming. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

lmao dude, I asked you a simple question.

What is AAA about Returnal's gameplay?

You're saying it's better than other games.

Ok, what's better about it? :drake: 

You're the one saying what is it doing that hasn't been done before.   Did you not read what you yourself posted? 🤣

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

this review makes me think it's not for me:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/returnal-review-ps5-1234634128/

while they gave it a 10/10, i think it sucks that runs can be as long as 2 hours...yet you may get jack shit, in terms of building up your character. in hades, runs were like 20-30 minutes, and you'd always unlock something new. i need to read more scores. i'm too old/tired for masochist gaming. 

yeah one of the big complaints im reading is that despite the runs being long you can't save in the middle of them, so you have to commit to long game sessions to make any progress.

Just now, Goukosan said:

You're the one saying what is it doing that hasn't been done before.   Did you not read what you yourself posted? 🤣

Me asking if it does anything differently with basic mechanics =/= me stating that it has to break new ground to be AAA :shake: 

I first asked what's AAA about the gameplay... then I asked if it's doing anything that other games don't.

So if the answer is no... then my question turns to... ok.. so how does it do them better?

Jesus fucking christ.  All this because you're literally too fucking butthurt or stupid to just answer a basic question.

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah one of the big complaints im reading is that despite the runs being long you can't save in the middle of them, so you have to commit to long game sessions to make any progress.

Brand new 2020 console.  Greatest console SSD storage and I/O technology.  Brand new user interface.

Can't save game state and quick resume :lawl: 

Just now, Twinblade said:

yeah, that bugs me. i'd be ok with save points and/or shorter runs. i was hoping this was a horror version of hades. this sounds like a souls-like, rogue-lite game. 

Just now, Remij said:

Brand new 2020 console.  Greatest console SSD storage and I/O technology.  Brand new user interface.

Can't save game state and quick resume :lawl: 

you can quick resume if the game is in sleep mode. however, "no save" SUCKS, considering how long the runs can be. 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Me asking if it does anything differently with basic mechanics =/= me stating that it has to break new ground to be AAA :shake: 

I first asked what's AAA about the gameplay... then I asked if it's doing anything that other games don't.

So if the answer is no... then my question turns to... ok.. so how does it do them better?

Jesus fucking christ.  All this because you're literally too fucking butthurt or stupid to just answer a basic question.

"in this game that isn't in hundreds of other games?" 

Don't get mad because you asked s dumb question about what this game does that hundreds of other games do as if that's the barrier to be AAA.... and then you go on to deny your own quoted words :drake:

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

you can quick resume if the game is in sleep mode. however, "no save" SUCKS, considering how long the runs can be. 

Ah.  Yea that sucks.

You should be able to go to the menu, open another game.. and be able to switch back or do whatever.. like Xbox.

That's kinda why Quick Resume on Xbox is a pretty killer feature.  It compensates for games like this that force you to commit for long periods.

The Binding of Isaac was the same for a while.  Getting the option to exit at any time and then continue a run later was a life saver.. because sometimes you'd get a good run going and then something comes up and you gotta leave quick.  An Isaac game can last about 1-2 hours depending on how you play and what items you get.

Quck save should be a standard feature in any rogue-like/lite game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"in this game that isn't in hundreds of other games?" 

Don't get mad because you asked s dumb question about what this game does that hundreds of other games do as if that's the barrier to be AAA.... and then you go on to deny your own quoted words :drake:

Ugh.. you're as bad as Jehurey these days with your dumb retarded shit.

19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah you can quick resume until you want to play something else and then you realize that your quick resume state has vanished cuz it only applies to a single title LOL

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ugh.. you're as bad as Jehurey these days with your dumb retarded shit.

Bro you just spent pages arguing in another thread about something that stemmed from your lack of reading. 

Then in this thread you spent tons of posts claiming you never said something you were quoted for saying in this very thread..Lmfao. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Bro you just spent pages arguing in another thread about something that stemmed from your lack of reading. 

Then in this thread you spent tons of posts claiming you never said something you were quoted for saying in this very thread..Lmfao. 

Nope, my reading and comprehension is just fine.

You know what you said in the other thread can be taken exactly the way I took it.  You quoted me talking about the service specifically.. then said don't forget it has to be on PC day 1 too.... 

You said that specifically because that was your metric for it "equating MS' model"

lmfao don't even bother wasting more of my time dude.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

Yeah you can quick resume until you want to play something else and then you realize that your quick resume state has vanished cuz it only applies to a single title LOL

yeah, the quick resume is garbo on the ps5. they need to fix that shit. the series x handled it perfectly. 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nope, my reading and comprehension is just fine.

You know what you said in the other thread can be taken exactly the way I took it.  You quoted me talking about the service specifically.. then said don't forget it has to be on PC day 1 too.... 

You said that specifically because that was your metric for it "equating MS' model"

lmfao don't even bother wasting more of my time dude.

MS model + your prediction that Sony games will be on PC day 1....don't forget that. 

Do you know what day 1 release means? 

I have to explain this to you AGAIN. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

MS model + your prediction that Sony games will be on PC day 1....don't forget that. 

I have to explain this to you AGAIN. 

You're not explaining anything to me... you're attempting to damage control something YOU said and turn it around on me.

and I'm not letting you. :shrug: 

Anyway...

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, the quick resume is garbo on the ps5. they need to fix that shit. the series x handled it perfectly. 

They can't do anything about it, it would consume too much drive space that they simply don't have. It would also open them up to lawsuits by retroactively diminishing the capacity of your storage device