Returnal is fucking amazing TLHBSkullFucked

55 minutes ago, jehurey said:

this game makes a good argument for Nintendo to turn Metroid's gameplay into 3rd person camera and turn it into more shooting and avoiding enemy fire combined with jumping and platforming.

there’s definitely some things I’d like to carry over. The first biome is basically what I’d imagine a darker take on Tallon Overworld from Prime would be. If they could pull of the snappy gameplay while maintaining that metroidvania feel and progression system it’d definitely be something. Obviously would need to make a lot of concessions on switch hardware for that to happen. Still though, this game is the closest I’ve had to capturing that alone on a mysterious planet feeling that Metroid does so well. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

meanwhile on hobo pass, dumpster diving for 6’s    https://www.resetera.com/threads/game-pass-has-redeemed-the-6-10-game.418194/

TLHBO

Re 7 was just amazing. It was the evolution the franchise needed. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You got Pokémon snap in addition to Returnal? lol

Which sound bar is that bro? 

Yep, double dipped on exclusive software for my two systems. :aitch: 

A Vizio one from a few years ago. Don’t know which model.  Playing Returnal with a the Pulse headset. The sound design in this is a legit 10/10. So good. 

7 hours ago, Delita said:

You don't get permanently stronger. This is a rouglelike without any rpg elements what so ever. No XP, no LVL bars to fill, no crafting new weapons. Each run starts you off with just a pistol. The only thing permanent is any new ability (which are super rare) the game gives you through story progression .

It's more reliant on you simply getting good and taking the time to find good loot in the 10-15 areas before the boss that you think will help you take down the boss when you get there in that run. If you defeat the area boss in that run, he stays dead permanently. Die and its completely back to square one

Damn. Sounds brutal af!

9 hours ago, Voidler said:

Why do you constantly state your shitty opinion as fact? RE7 wasn’t even in the top 10 for 2017:drake:

RE7 not top 10 in 2017 and I'm the one with the shitty opinion?

Lol go ahead clown, post your top 10 of 2017. And no you can't post Rocket League 10 times.

39 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol go ahead clown, post your top 10 of 2017. And no you can't post Rocket League 10 times.

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?year_selected=2017&distribution=&sort=desc&view=detailed

RE7 comes in at number 54 :dame:

Edited by Goukosan
8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lol people using MC as word of law

Injustice 2, Wolfenstein New Colossus, Destiny II, Okami HD, Undertale????

:rofl:

Make your own top 10.

My 2017 top 10:

Only new games, no re-releases.

Divinity II Original Sin

RE7

Yakuza 0

NieR Automata

Nioh

Horizon Zero Dawn

Hollow Knight

Prey

Cuphead

Ys VIII

That's a really solid list, I'd love to you see you try to counter it with MC averages alone and pretend that Okami HD was a more relevant game that year than any of those picks. lmfao

I got taste, you are all hollow to cling on journos scores like it's the ultimate argument.

2017 was an amazing year. Damn. :juggle: 

Goukosan favorite RPG that year Xenoblade Chronicles is at the 140 place.... Stop being a tool.

23 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol people using MC as word of law

Injustice 2, Wolfenstein New Colossus, Destiny II, Okami HD, Undertale????

:rofl:

Make your own top 10.

My point is that RE7 was not regarded as great as you think it was.

But with that said, I do have it at number 9 on my list for 2017.

BOTW 

MARIO galaxy 

Divinity Original Sin II

Persona 5

Horizon Zero Dawn

Hollow Knight

Neir automa

Cuphead

RE7

Mario+ Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Edited by Goukosan
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

My point is that RE7 was not regarded as great as you think it was.

But with that said, I do have it at number 9 on my list for 2017.

BOTW 

MARIO galaxy 

Divinity Original Sin II

Persona 5

Horizon Zero Dawn

Hollow Knight

Neir automa

Cuphead

RE7

Mario+ Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Yeah, maybe but it definitely stood out in 2017. 

I forgot Persona 5.

Good list.

I never really thought about it until now, but part of the reason RE7 was so well received was likely because it came after RE6 which was almost universally hated, so that influenced how people viewed it.

Its going to be interesting to see how RE8 does, as im sure we all now have high expectations thanks to RE7.

Also, fwiw

sounds like they may be open to the fix. To me, it’s kinda inconvenient but I’m also not playing anything else on PS5 so the rest mode works fine. That said, the rest mode is such an easy workaround that if I were then I’d just include the save. 

regardless, if that’s the only thing holding you up, just get it. It hasn’t been an issue for me. I guess if you’re the type of person that wants to play returnal for 30 minutes, switch to something else on your PS5, and then come back, it’s problematic. But if that’s you then you’re a weirdo. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I never really thought about it until now, but part of the reason RE7 was so well received was likely because it came after RE6 which was almost universally hated, so that influenced how people viewed it.

Its going to be interesting to see how RE8 does, as im sure we all now have high expectations thanks to RE7.

Definitely true, yes.

I remember when they first announced RE7 as a first person VR game... I was like, wtf is this trash?

My expectations couldn't have been lower, a few trailers pre-release looked interesting with the Baker family and all but I was highly skeptical.

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

BOTW

Persona 5

Horizon

Nier

Divinity 2

Mario Odyssey

Horizon

Nioh

Yakuza 0

Hollow Knight