Returnal is fucking amazing TLHBSkullFucked

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

meanwhile on hobo pass, dumpster diving for 6’s    https://www.resetera.com/threads/game-pass-has-redeemed-the-6-10-game.418194/

TLHBO

Re 7 was just amazing. It was the evolution the franchise needed. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

being locked into long play sessions is not a challenge, it’s bad design that has no respect for the player’s time.

I must be able to save every second with unlimited continues and no penalties for dying :awww:

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

being locked into long play sessions is not a challenge, it’s bad design that has no respect for the player’s time.

You've either only played arcade games all your life or started gaming on 360. Almost all the best console japanese franchises pre 360 had extremely sparse saving. Final Fantasy and the majority of jrpgs, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden. Even souls is praised for being unforgiving when it's doing the same thing Japanese developers have done since the beginning.

It wasn't till western PC crud invaded consoles where people started getting adjusted to quick and auto saves.

12 minutes ago, Delita said:

You've either only played arcade games all your life or started gaming on 360. Almost all the best console japanese franchises pre 360 had extremely sparse saving. Final Fantasy and the majority of jrpgs, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden. Even souls is praised for being unforgiving when it's doing the same thing Japanese developers have done since the beginning.

It wasn't till western PC crud invaded consoles where people started getting adjusted to quick and auto saves.

do you feel each run is adding to your overall character? how does that work?  how do you permanently get stronger?  while i'm intimidated by this game, it looks so good. the atmosphere and gameplay look right up my alley. 

34 minutes ago, Delita said:

Different times dude. We aren't kids anymore, we have more commitments to worry about and less time/patience to commit to long gaming sessions.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Different times dude. We aren't kids anymore, we have more commitments to worry about and less time/patience to commit to long gaming sessions.

bro...i beat deadly towers on the nes. no cheats. nothing. it made ninja gaiden (i beat all of them on the nes) feel like a cakewalk, i did this when i was a kid. if i were to try now... LOL. i played like 30 minutes of the og demon's souls and was like "fuck this" lol. 

edit:

just found this article on deadly towers. it's sad that i was hardcore when i was like 10 lol. 

https://www.engadget.com/2007-08-02-virtually-overlooked-deadly-towers.html

Game has been great. No prolonged tutorial, fantastic atmosphere, and really awesome world building. I’m playing this with Pulse 3D headset as well and the sound design needs to be praised too. :wow2:

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Yea but you're on the other end of the spectrum.  It seems that any hint of a challenge is a turn off for you.  You just want a "win now" button on your games it seems.  

9 hours ago, Delita said:

I've read this about every single Resident Evil after 4 and this literally never happens.

Half of the people end up hating it/find it disappointing, or with RE6, EVERYONE.

Plus, this is basically RE7 without VR in typical Capcom fashion of rehashing a solid game, but worse

RE7 was second best game of 2017 tho. Only beaten by one of the best WRPG of all time, Divinity 2 Original Sin. lol

I think a more ambitious RE7 is going to be awesome, especially right now with nothing else competing on its level and we'll see a VR update at some point guaranteed, maybe with the arrival of PSVR2.

Edited by Ramza
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

RE7 was second best game of 2017 tho. Only beaten by one of the best WRPG of all time, Divinity 2 Original Sin. lol

I think a more ambitious RE7 is going to be awesome, especially right now with nothing else competing on its level and we'll see a VR update at some point guaranteed, maybe with the arrival of PSVR2.

Why do you constantly state your shitty opinion as fact? RE7 wasn’t even in the top 10 for 2017:drake:

this game makes a good argument for Nintendo to turn Metroid's gameplay into 3rd person camera and turn it into more shooting and avoiding enemy fire combined with jumping and platforming.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

do you feel each run is adding to your overall character? how does that work?  how do you permanently get stronger?  while i'm intimidated by this game, it looks so good. the atmosphere and gameplay look right up my alley. 

You don't get permanently stronger. This is a rouglelike without any rpg elements what so ever. No XP, no LVL bars to fill, no crafting new weapons. Each run starts you off with just a pistol. The only thing permanent is any new ability (which are super rare) the game gives you through story progression .

It's more reliant on you simply getting good and taking the time to find good loot in the 10-15 areas before the boss that you think will help you take down the boss when you get there in that run. If you defeat the area boss in that run, he stays dead permanently. Die and its completely back to square one