So Returnal is already maxing out PS5 and only runs at 1080p?

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

It's one of the least impressive gap I ever seen between two generations. If you own a Xbox One X you might as well keep it for a while.

load times are night and day between one x and series x.  Everything is way faster.

Edited by Spicalicious
32 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

load times are night and day between one x and series x.  Everything is way faster.

I have a SSD on my PC too. I'm not impressed.

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

It's one of the least impressive gap I ever seen between two generations. If you own a Xbox One X you might as well keep it for a while.

I see this narrative a lot and don’t get it. Yeah, we’re getting to the point of diminishing returns and the improvements we see tend to be a bit more subtle and all that. 

That said, It’s a far far more impressive gap than PS3>PS4 or X360>X1  was. Even just strictly talking about image quality/performance. Getting into other things like loading times, etc and it’s really not even close. 

anyway, everyone knows that the games that come out in the first year end up looking last gen in comparison to the stuff we end up getting down the line. 

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

When is next-gen coming out guys? :npc:

Not to be a dick, but why are constantly whining about stupid shit with the PS5? If you are this salty 6 months in, your ass is going to be wide open over the next few years. 

Like did Bill Gates save your village or something? 

2 hours ago, Casual said:

I see this narrative a lot and don’t get it. Yeah, we’re getting to the point of diminishing returns and the improvements we see tend to be a bit more subtle and all that. 

That said, It’s a far far more impressive gap than PS3>PS4 or X360>X1  was. Even just strictly talking about image quality/performance. Getting into other things like loading times, etc and it’s really not even close. 

anyway, everyone knows that the games that come out in the first year end up looking last gen in comparison to the stuff we end up getting down the line. 

Well it might be too early to say, but so far I think I was more impressed going from PS3 to PS4. It might be a bit unfair comparison but take MGSIV graphics compared to MGSV. PS3's best looking games was easily TLOU1 and GTAV and that was the ultimate pinnacle, every big franchise got a real nice lift during PS4 era. 

We shall see how it plays out, obviously I wouldn't trust a Housemarque game running on UE4 to dictate this gen graphics potential. lol

Just now, Ramza said:

Well it might be too early to say, but so far I think I was more impressed going from PS3 to PS4. It might be a bit unfair comparison but take MGSIV graphics compared to MGSV. PS3's best looking games was easily TLOU1 and GTAV and that was the ultimate pinnacle, every big franchise got a real nice lift during PS4 era. 

We shall see how it plays out, obviously I wouldn't trust a Housemarque game running on UE4 to dictate this gen graphics potential. lol

Ratchet, alone, murders anything done last gen....and we aren’t even in the first year. Imagine 2 years from now. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Ratchet, alone, murders anything done last gen....and we aren’t even in the first year. Imagine 2 years from now. 

Call me blind, Ratchet looks nice but I'm still not impressed and expect more. But then again, I hate the art direction too, doesn't help.

I think Horizon 2 will just destroy those games visually and will be the first real ''woah'' moment this gen. At least I hope.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Call me blind, Ratchet looks nice but I'm still not impressed and expect more. But then again, I hate the art direction too, doesn't help.

I think Horizon 2 will just destroy those games visually and will be the first real ''woah'' moment this gen. At least I hope.

Yeah, if you watch the technical breakdowns in 4K, it’s incredible. But I can see the art style not being your thing. Horizon 2 will be magnificent.