RIP Giantbomb: Vinny, Brad, and Alex ALL leaving

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I like how you just extended my point.

Yes.. I'm sure he could... BUT HES A LAZY FUCK... 

That's............not a point.

That's a comment that somebody on a video game forum would blurt out because of childish reasons.

He's an adult. He's going to continue finding employment for obvious reasons.

I didn't know that needed to be explained to you.

Not to mention that you clearly missed the last sentence of my last post.

Gerstmann ALREADY got his payday, years ago, when his website was sold to CBSi.  He would've had a percentage ownership in the website, and would've gotten a percentage of the sale.

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i thought GB died several years ago. 

LMFAO good!  Miserable bunch of old fucks     The only interesting thing they did was the E3 interviews which were cool... but even those started lacking in the recent years.  With the death

eventually, this board will die. it's ok.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

That's............not a point.

That's a comment that somebody on a video game forum would blurt out because of childish reasons.

He's an adult. He's going to continue finding employment for obvious reasons.

I didn't know that needed to be explained to you.

Not to mention that you clearly missed the last sentence of my last post.

Gerstmann ALREADY got his payday, years ago, when his website was sold to CBSi.  He would've had a percentage ownership in the website, and would've gotten a percentage of the sale.

No.  That absolutely IS a point.

Jeff is lazy. 

If Jeff can do what you said he could do... but instead he sits around with 3 other dudes and talks about how much he hates games...

... then yea sweetie... he's a lazy fuck.

I can't believe you had to be told that.  Let's see if it sinks in, or whether you're going to ruin this thread too :hest: 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.  That absolutely IS a point.

Jeff is lazy. 

If Jeff can do what you said he could do... but instead he sits around with 3 other dudes and talks about how much he hates games...

... then yea sweetie... he's a lazy fuck.

I can't believe you had to be told that.  Let's see if it sinks in, or whether you're going to ruin this thread too :hest: 

If the pay is the roughly the same.........then its the better job to sit around and talking with 3 other people.

He's even said it before, once you get an industry job, you really can't go back to being an independent game reviewer.

I love how you're not really arguing anything real.

You're just venting your pathetic hate by trying to classify him as "lazy."

And now you've pivoted your pettiness towards me. Which, like your attempts with Gerstmann, will be swing-and-misses that I will be lightly-chuckling over.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

If the pay is the roughly the same.........then its the better job to sit around and talking with 3 other people.

He's even said it before, once you get an industry job, you really can't go back to being an independent game reviewer.

I love how you're not really arguing anything real.

You're just venting your pathetic hate by trying to classify him as "lazy."

And now you've pivoted your pettiness towards me. Which, like your attempts with Gerstmann, will be swing-and-misses that I will be lightly-chuckling over.

Who the fuck... besides a lazy retard.. would want to go back to be an independent game reviewer? :mj: 

Look sweetie... Gerstmann obviously isn't bringing in the money... which is why his cronies are leaving.. and the site is an ultimate failure.  LOL

And yea, a lazy fuck WOULD be worried about not being able to go back to being a lazy fuck after attempting a real job... thanks again for adding to my point :hest: 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Who the fuck... besides a lazy retard.. would want to go back to be an independent game reviewer? :mj: 

Look sweetie... Gerstmann obviously isn't bringing in the money... which is why his cronies are leaving.. and the site is an ultimate failure.  LOL

And yea, a lazy fuck WOULD be worried about not being able to go back to being a lazy fuck after attempting a real job... thanks again for adding to my point :hest: 

Holy shit, you really are getting mad over this.

So Jeff Gerstmann has already had a payday from the sale of his website. He already gets his salary from managing a website, and had secured employment.

And you really seemed hellbent on calling him lazy.

LOL, gerstmann running a website for 12 years, in which he was in total control of the content, after the events that happened which led to him getting fired at Gamespot..........is supposedly a failure.

So, to recap.

Gerstmann gets to do what he wants. Already got a big payday doing what he wants. Is still getting paid to do what he wants. And employed his best friends for 12 years for them getting to do what they want.

And you're sitting there losing your shit over it, for free.:lawl::lawl:

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Holy shit, you really are getting mad over this.

So Jeff Gerstmann has already had a payday from the sale of his website. He already gets his salary from managing a website, and had secured employment.

And you really seemed hellbent on calling him lazy.

LOL, gerstmann running a website for 12 years, in which he was in total control of the content, after the events that happened which led to him getting fired at Gamespot..........is supposedly a failure.

So, to recap.

Gerstmann gets to do what he wants. Already got a big payday doing what he wants. Is still getting paid to do what he wants. And employed his best friends for 12 years for them getting to do what they want.

And you're sitting there losing your shit over it, for free.:lawl::lawl:

^look at this shill :rofl: 

42 minutes ago, Remij said:

^look at this shill :rofl: 

LOL you don't know how to respond to the fact that I accurately pointed out that you are losing your shit entirely on your own.

Yeah, I understand.

On 2021-05-04 at 5:23 PM, JonB said:

It's the same fight in every thread.  I mean it's whatever . Wonder why peoppe come back then immediately leave 

The title says it all. Like 3 pages of Jerry and Remi fighting is infinitely more entertaining than 2 or 3 nerds acting like GB going away is a loss. 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The title says it all. Like 3 pages of Jerry and Remi fighting is infinitely more entertaining than 2 or 3 nerds acting like GB going away is a loss. 

and its double-infinitely better than jonb just...............fucking whining like a goddamn woman about other posters.

Hell, that probably an insult to women, because I don't even think they sound that much of a bitch in their whine noises compared to jonb

like.........that's all he does on the forum now. he couldn't stay on topic about a video game subject to save his life.

it seems like his life's grudges entirely exist on this forum.

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

How do you just lose all 3 at once though?  What's Jeff wanting to do with the site that made all 3 just say, no.. we're not doing it... bye?

Someone on gaf posted a video from a lawyer who analysis announcements in the gaming industry, and he pointed out how these announcements come almost exactly 6 months from when Red Venture finalized the purchase of Giantbomb/Gamespot from CBSi last year.

So there was probably A.) Only guaranteed pay for 6 months, or B.) A bonus for continuing to stay on giant bomb for 6 months.

And the moment they got their bonus, they split because the pay probably isn't anything special. Vinny is denying this, but it seems a little too obvious.

Gerstman probably has a longer contractual obligation, or his salary has been negotiated so high that he wouldn't want to leave right now.

Whatever value Red Venture and CBSi agreed upon for buying giantbomb, its only worth it if they retain certain key people. Hence locking down Gerstmann.

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Someone on gaf posted a video from a lawyer who analysis announcements in the gaming industry, and he pointed out how these announcements come almost exactly 6 months from when Red Venture finalized the purchase of Giantbomb/Gamespot from CBSi last year.

So there was probably A.) Only guaranteed pay for 6 months, or B.) A bonus for continuing to stay on giant bomb for 6 months.

And the moment they got their bonus, they split because the pay probably isn't anything special. Vinny is denying this, but it seems a little too obvious.

Gerstman probably has a longer contractual obligation, or his salary has been negotiated so high that he wouldn't want to leave right now.

Whatever value Red Venture and CBSi agreed upon for buying giantbomb, its only worth it if they retain certain key people. Hence locking down Gerstmann.

that was debunked in that same thread.