Official RE Village thread (hide spoilers)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pre-ordered on STEAM.  

''PC version has a few issues'' = ''broken unplayable version''     Grasping at straws?   I ain't worried one bit.

should be interesting to see what it gets

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Can't believe it's out I really want to play this :lawd:

It’s pretty ownage. I liked the baker family theme more, but this shit is tense af. 

• aitch 1

the shit that pops up on amazon when you search for this game....

1461781136_ScreenShot2021-05-08at12_49_56PM.thumb.png.264779b26952c835825027121a01be3e.png

she isn't even hot:mj:

this whole lead up to release, bunch of shitty demoes and this ugly big lesbian woman really soured me on the game.

Good low 80's multiplat to keep hermits and lemmings busy but i'll be busy with returnal all month.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Great level design so far. Its starting to open up a bit more and you start seeing how smartly interconnected everything is.

The lack of jumping and the invisible walls bug me, though, which sucks since everything else is well thought out. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

The lack of jumping and the invisible walls bug me, though, which sucks since everything else is well thought out. 

I got used to it. I check the map often and the paths/boundaries are clearly marked on it so that stuff doesn’t bother me too much.

spoilers after the first 3-4 hours but one thing thats kind of a bummer

Spoiler

Despite all the pre-release hype and coverage surrounding Dimitrescu its kind of disappointing how much of a minor character she ends up being. I was expecting her to be the main villain or up their in terms of importance and screen time, but shes really a small part of the whole experience. You barely learn anything about her past or origins either.

56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Despite all the pre-release hype and coverage surrounding Dimitrescu its kind of disappointing how much of a minor character she ends up being. I was expecting her to be the main villain or up their in terms of importance and screen time, but shes really a small part of the whole experience. You barely learn anything about her past or origins either.

Yea, that's definitely one gripe of mine.

7 hours ago, Bodycount_ said:

the shit that pops up on amazon when you search for this game....

1461781136_ScreenShot2021-05-08at12_49_56PM.thumb.png.264779b26952c835825027121a01be3e.pngshe isn't even hot:mj:

this whole lead up to release, bunch of shitty demoes and this ugly big lesbian woman really soured me on the game.

Good low 80's multiplat to keep hermits and lemmings busy but i'll be busy with returnal all month.

:|

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Oh, I thought you were further. You’ll see what I’m talking about, regarding the invisible walls. It’s like “really? I can’t hop that?” Still, I love how detailed and connected the main world is. 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

This game is fucking GOOD :wow2: 

I still have my issues with it... but in general.. I'll say it right now.. it's better than RE7.

Im near the end and prefer RE7. It was more thematically consistent and better paced.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im near the end and prefer RE7. It was more thematically consistent and better paced.

I disagree.

I think that this game stumbles a bit in the beginning portion... but not nearly as bad as RE7 stumbles towards its end.   After the start though, it gets going and doesn't stop.  The ending portion is by far the best "ending portion" of a RE game that I can remember in quite a while actually.  Lots of story implications, and I really love what they did there.

The game took a bit to get it's hold on me... but after it did.. I was totally on board. 

I'm not really spoiling anything here, but here's just a couple of my issues

Spoiler

My "issues" with the game are that in the beginning it felt a little to "by the numbers" for me.  Meaning, it felt like it was trying to follow the theme of RE7 (with the Bakers, and essentially knowing who all the bad guys and bosses are right from the start of the game) and then take an RE4 like setting and approach to some of the combat scenarios (like having to survive waves of enemies for something to trigger)..  I wasn't really feeling that.  It wasn't even really that there was anything wrong with the beginning itself..  It's really good, I loved the intro with Mia and Ethan, and loved the trek into the village...and its even better in retrospect... but I didn't really agree with having the very first real encounter be a "survive the wave of enemies" type of encounter.  That soured me a bit right up front.  Also, yea the Lady D section was a bit short for my taste, and I feel that it could have been done more justice.  After that though, I thought they did an excellent job.

I wont go into much more detail until I know others have finished.. but they definitely did a good job on this game IMO... especially the story stuff.

Other nitpicks I had with it were the fact that Ethan seemingly has 4 arms LMFAO.. when you switch weapons, Ethan does it so fast that the other gun is on the screen at the same time as the other is being put away.  It looks fucking ridiculous at times.. and Capcom really should have done a better job with that.  Another thing is that this game looks PHENOMENAL at times.  Truly incredible looking real time visuals... but as with many games, and games with as many varying locations and objects ect ect as this game has... it's not all of a consistent quality.  Some stuff is immaculately detailed and set dressed to perfection.. other rooms don't get nearly the same treatment.  That's 100% just a budget/time thing though... nothing technical.  As I tend to like to explore every nook and cranny in these games, you notice a lot of cut corners.  Still though, that's just a nitpick of mine.. the game still looks incredible for sure. 

Can't wait for next gen only Capcom RE Engine games :glad: 

Edited by Remij
32 minutes ago, Remij said:

I disagree.

I think that this game stumbles a bit in the beginning portion... but not nearly as bad as RE7 stumbles towards its end.   After the start though, it gets going and doesn't stop.  The ending portion is by far the best "ending portion" of a RE game that I can remember in quite a while actually.  Lots of story implications, and I really love what they did there.

The game took a bit to get it's hold on me... but after it did.. I was totally on board. 

I'm not really spoiling anything here, but here's just a couple of my issues

Reveal hidden contents

My "issues" with the game are that in the beginning it felt a little to "by the numbers" for me.  Meaning, it felt like it was trying to follow the theme of RE7 (with the Bakers, and essentially knowing who all the bad guys and bosses are right from the start of the game) and then take an RE4 like setting and approach to some of the combat scenarios (like having to survive waves of enemies for something to trigger)..  I wasn't really feeling that.  It wasn't even really that there was anything wrong with the beginning itself..  It's really good, I loved the intro with Mia and Ethan, and loved the trek into the village...and its even better in retrospect... but I didn't really agree with having the very first real encounter be a "survive the wave of enemies" type of encounter.  That soured me a bit right up front.  Also, yea the Lady D section was a bit short for my taste, and I feel that it could have been done more justice.  After that though, I thought they did an excellent job.

I wont go into much more detail until I know others have finished.. but they definitely did a good job on this game IMO... especially the story stuff.

Other nitpicks I had with it were the fact that Ethan seemingly has 4 arms LMFAO.. when you switch weapons, Ethan does it so fast that the other gun is on the screen at the same time as the other is being put away.  It looks fucking ridiculous at times.. and Capcom really should have done a better job with that.  Another thing is that this game looks PHENOMINAL at times.  Truly incredible looking real time visuals... but as with many games, and games with as many varying locations and objects ect ect as this game has... it's not all of a consistent quality.  Some stuff is immaculately detailed and set dressed to perfection.. other rooms don't get nearly the same treatment.  That's 100% just a budget/time thing though... nothing technical.  As I tend to like to explore every nook and cranny in these games, you notice a lot of cut corners.  Still though, that's just a nitpick of mine.. the game still looks incredible for sure. 

Can't wait for next gen only Capcom RE Engine games :glad: 

Yeah the weapon switching is kind of silly. It looks like he is just grabbing the weapons out of thin air. In most games there will be an animation where it’s implied that heavier guns (like shotguns) are being pulled from either the player’s back or from their side. 

also, I know it’s kind of a nitpick but lack of authenticity in some of the weapons really bothers me. There’s one pistol for example that is clearly semi auto but it functions as a fully automatic one which is really silly. Then the upgrades are also completely unrealistic, like a red dot sight will somehow increase a weapon’s damage. Like what? They really should have done more research because stuff like that does hurt the immersion IMO.

• Like 1

Theres some really cool moments towards the end, I should finish it tonight at this rate. I wish the storytelling was as consistent during the middle portion of the game though, I enjoyed the open nature of it but the pacing really suffers.