Official RE Village thread (hide spoilers)

I liked the third section, but I didn’t love it. It’s a little too action-game-like for my liking. So far, the second part has been my favorite, by far. Let’s hope four gets back on the horror track. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pre-ordered on STEAM.  

''PC version has a few issues'' = ''broken unplayable version''     Grasping at straws?   I ain't worried one bit.

should be interesting to see what it gets

Posted Images

Just finished it. Took me 10 hours and thats having taken my time as much as possible (I I only missed one of the treasures, and 1 fish) so It is a bit on the shorter side.

Also, the amount of different studios and production companies in the credits is kind of crazy. Its surprising that the game came together as well as it did given just how much content from art, to animation, to programming was outsourced.

Anyway some quick thoughts on the story

Spoiler

As I touched on originally I found the villains to be pretty underwhelming. When you're first introduced to them I was surprised at just how bizarre their designs and 'powers' were. Each one of them looked like they could have belonged to a different game or universe altogether, so that was a bit jarring. Individually they're not that interesting either unfortunately. Given how the game is split up, with there being entire sections dedicated to each of them there was a real opportunity for Capcom to flesh out their back stories and give us a glimpse of their lives before they were captured and experimented on. That would have made them more memorable and easier to sympathize with, instead we got nothing but paper thin back story in the form of the vague notes scattered throughout their locations.

Dimitrescu was the biggest disappointment of the bunch, mainly given how much of a focus she was of the pre-release hype and marketing. In general I feel like the Bakers got way more love in this area.

Also is it just me or did the Mother Miranda fight drag on for too long? She wasn't even hard, but the amount of shots I had to pump into her was ridiculous. The fight was also pretty tame and not that crazy by final boss standards.

I did like the ending though and it made me very curious to see where the series goes from here. Seems very likely that Rose will be taking over as the main protagonist.

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m at the 

Reveal hidden contents

Stronghold. 

I’ll get around to beating it this week. I didn’t get to play much, due to it being Mother’s Day weekend. 

Thats probably my least favorite part, but it picks up again afterwards.

• Upvote 1

I'm still early. I'm in the vampire bitch's castle, got two masks out of four.

I'm loving the game but I can already say two things, it's not as tense as RE7 was, and the difficulty so far is too easy, killing the tension even further. It might just be too arcadey or too inspired by RE4 for it's own good. I mean when you are looking forward to see what the enemy drops after dying in a RE game it changes the tone.

I'm complaining but this is still the best game I've played in a long time, it's something special, far from perfect though.

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm still early. I'm in the vampire bitch's castle, got two masks out of four.

I'm loving the game but I can already say two things, it's not as tense as RE7 was, and the difficulty so far is too easy, killing the tension even further. It might just be too arcadey or too inspired by RE4 for it's own good. I mean when you are looking forward to see what the enemy drops after dying in a RE game it changes the tone.

I'm complaining but this is still the best game I've played in a long time, it's something special, far from perfect though.

damn son, you have strange taste. the game is good, but nothing special. it goes downhill from where you are at. 

34 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

damn son, you have strange taste. the game is good, but nothing special. it goes downhill from where you are at. 

Do I? It's not like it has much competition.

I still need to finish the game anyway.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

persona 5 strikers is my goty, so far. 

Gross. 

The best thing about Persona 5 Strikers is that it managed to get the story presentation and beats right. The gameplay is pretty whack.

Just now, Ramza said:

Gross. 

The best thing about Persona 5 Strikers is that it managed to get the story presentation and beats right. The gameplay is pretty whack.

you just weren't playing it properly. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you just weren't playing it properly. 

I certainly did play it properly considering how easy it was, it wasn't rocket science. 

It still pretty weak even with all the little strategic elements at play.

Just now, Ramza said:

I certainly did play it properly considering how easy it was, it wasn't rocket science. 

It still pretty weak even with all the little strategic elements at play.

your drunk and pill popping ass was probably button mashing :D 

Just now, -GD-X said:

your drunk and pill popping ass was probably button mashing :D 

Lol acting like Persona 5 Striker is some deep game. 

If you use a elemental weakness you can use the all out attack for extra damage! Buffs happens when you baton pass! Use interactive item in the environment to create a state of weakness that can be followed with an all out attack!

Wow, amazing shit. 

I'd wreck you in any game, mr. I play on easy mode.

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol acting like Persona 5 Striker is some deep game. 

If you use a elemental weakness you can use the all out attack for extra damage! Buffs happens when you baton pass! Use interactive item in the environment to create a state of weakness that can be followed with an all out attack!

Wow, amazing shit. 

I'd wreck you in any game, mr. I play on easy mode.

you still probably played it wrong. i never trust addicts lol. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you still probably played it wrong. i never trust addicts lol. 

You speak like I'm some bum living in the streets smoking crack. :D