Official RE Village thread (hide spoilers)

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

With what I'm rocking now I probably get 350 FPS in DMC 5

Yea, no kidding.. lmfao.  Dike is dumb as shit though and should probably stick to Switch :mroff: 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pre-ordered on STEAM.  

''PC version has a few issues'' = ''broken unplayable version''     Grasping at straws?   I ain't worried one bit.

should be interesting to see what it gets

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The whole point of Mercenary mode is to strip out everything else and just have the combat be the focus. I don't understand why they would make the campaign combat focused as well.

That probably also means there won't be interesting puzzles either.

the puzzles are garbo. i read this in like 5 different reviews. i'll play it because i like the vibe, but i'm going to wait a bit. 

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the puzzles are garbo. i read this in like 5 different reviews. i'll play it because i like the vibe, but i'm going to wait a bit. 

Thats unfortunate. Since they were borrowing a lot from RE4 I thought they would at least have similar puzzle design. RE4's were simple compared to the earlier games but still pretty fun and well designed.

Resident Evil Village continues Capcom's winning streak for technical prowess, with the RE Engine's most impressive outing to date. I reviewed Resident Evil Village on my Razer Blade 17 Pro, with an RTX 2070 GPU and Core i7-10875H, with 16GB RAM. I ran the game on custom settings at 1080p, maintaining a steady 60 FPS with ray tracing and other visual options maxed out.

Never once did my client crash to Windows, and I didn't experience any form of performance degradation even during the most intense sequences, save for one instance. One particular enemy's abilities flood the environment with hundreds of flies, which did indeed batter performance in some cases. If you're playing on a higher difficulty, this one particular enemy could get you killed by causing your frame rate to dip to a crawl. However, this only occurs at one point in the game, and is easily avoided, and may even be patched by the time the game goes live to the public.

On Xbox Series X, Resident Evil Village targets 4K 60 FPS, or "up to" 60 FPS with ray-tracing enabled. With ray tracing enabled, I did notice some performance degradation across the board, particularly in areas that were highly detailed. Texture resolution also takes a bit of a hit on the Xbox version, with the PC version offering far more fidelity even on my relatively modest RTX 2070 setup, albeit at lower resolution. There's potentially some more work Capcom can do to improve the performance on the Xbox version as tools improve, though. If you play with ray tracing disabled, you won't have any issues whatsoever.

https://www.windowscentral.com/resident-evil-village-review

:geese: 

Edited by Remij
23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats unfortunate. Since they were borrowing a lot from RE4 I thought they would at least have similar puzzle design. RE4's were simple compared to the earlier games but still pretty fun and well designed.

yeah, they are pretty braindead. i saw a few on youtube. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

yeah, they are pretty braindead. i saw a few on youtube. 

Yea, it's really disappointing to hear RE8 has less of a focus on puzzles..  But I guess if they're going to be shit anyway it's better to have less of them :francis: 

Just now, Remij said:

Yea, it's really disappointing to hear RE8 has less of a focus on puzzles..  But I guess if they're going to be shit anyway it's better to have less of them :francis: 

oh no, they are in the game. they just suck. except for the last 3rd, where the game becomes CoD with resident evil assets. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

oh no, they are in the game. they just suck. except for the last 3rd, where the game becomes CoD with resident evil assets. 

Are we talking about RE8 here? :wonder: 

If so :sad: 

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Teh Xbox tools strike again, bbbut the rumors said Xbox didn't have issues running this game :feelsbadman:

Having some dips from 60fps with Ray Tracing on isn't much of a surprise.  That would clearly be a bottleneck of the hardware with regards to ray tracing.

Just now, Remij said:

Are we talking about RE8 here? :wonder: 

If so :sad: 

yup. i have read a bunch of reviews. the most common complaint - the last third has too much combat, especially the end. apparently, the first 1/3 of it is great, even fantastic. i'm going to eventually play it myself, but at least my expectations are more realistic. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yup. i have read a bunch of reviews. the most common complaint - the last third has too much combat, especially the end. apparently, the first 1/3 of it is great, even fantastic. i'm going to eventually play it myself, but at least my expectations are more realistic. 

I can imagine it's probably a part where you play a Chris or something with guns blazing ffs :shake: 

Not entirely unexpected though :francis: 

I'm sure it's good though.  I'm excited to dig into it.  Still working on Nier and always playing The Binding of Isaac too :glad: 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

I can imagine it's probably a part where you play a Chris or something with guns blazing ffs :shake: 

Not entirely unexpected though :francis: 

I'm sure it's good though.  I'm excited to dig into it.  Still working on Nier and always playing The Binding of Isaac too :glad: 

i need to get that! though, jonb has me wanting to finally try out octopath on gamepass. 

• Like 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to Official RE Village thread (hide spoilers)