Nintendo FY3/2021 Q4 Earnings Release - 28.83 million Sold last Fiscal Year - Sets new records - Ahead of Wii & PS4 launch aligned.

Also breaks record for highest operating profit earned in a fiscal year by a console maker.   Even better than Wii +DS.  

36 titles sold over a million this fiscal year, 14 of which were 3rd party titles. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

Amazing! Didn’t Sony just have the biggest quarter (or was it month?) in terms of dollars? Did Nintendo beat that, or is this specifically for q1?

The record Nintendo broke was for the full fiscal year.   Highest ever operating profit for any console manufacturer. 

• Goukosan changed the title to Nintendo FY3/2021 Q4 Earnings Release - 28.83 million Sold last Fiscal Year - Sets new records - Ahead of Wii & PS4 launch aligned.

They could not have timed releasing Animal Crossing any better.

A pandemic came and probably affected development schedules for alot of their games.

And they released the best possible game to carry them throughout the year. I got a feeling that they are going to make some big plans for the next development of Animal Crossing. Some massive multiplayer thing that is co-developed with a smartphone app.

29 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I don't know, I think they need to adopt the GP model to be successful. MS is clearly leading the way. 

They should totally do that, but with their legacy titles. I’d gladly play like $10/month to have full access to GCN and older libraries on Switch.