PS April sales: 3/4 of PS4’s top sellers and the top two selling PS5 games are on Gamepass

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Nah, this early in the gen it's mostly hardcore gamers buying games and hardcore tend to be multi-console owners. 

If GamePass isn't disrupting Sony's business model which by the looks of things is approximately 70-80% of sales going by the Resident Evil sales thread then this isn't good news for MS.

The whole point of GP is to get people to stop spending $60-70 for games and instead adopt the subscription model which is clearly not happening for the  majority of gamers. This might be good news for lems as they get to save money but in the end it's bad news for the GP platform and Xbox in general as MS is seeing less revenue on their platform and it makes it a lot harder for MS to negotiate third party deals with this kind of sales split. Expect Sony to easily secure more big third party exclusives like FF7 & 16 going forward with these sort of figures.

I don’t give a shit about MS hurting financially, it’s clear they don’t care either :blessed:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So it's not free.....got it

More so says cows are willing to pay for games despite them being free on other platforms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

GP is free now? 

2 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Dawg, I play madden & nhl yearly. I will always pay

thanks for admitting that you WILL ALWAYS pay.

You chose the exact words.

A-L-W-A-Y-S.

As in.............you must pay every month, forever.

or else you have nothing in your possession.

Exactly.

Edited by jehurey
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

The entire point of GP is to make people shift over to that ecosystem. If it was truly flourishing you would see big declines in PS software sales yet they are at record breaking levels. How are DVDs sales going since Netflix became a success? Meanwhile Nintendo (who don't even do price drops) and Sony are continually breaking sales records. 

The only thing GP is impacting is sales on it's on console, the Xbox, just as predicted :biggrin: RE8 with a 20% market share on XBox LMAO. Eating it's own market because they have accustomed their userbase to not pay for games. Exact same scenario as what happened in the mobile space, where now even $1 feels expensive cause it should be FTP. 

dude, I don’t care at all about anyone’s sales being impacted. I’m getting games for significantly less than you, either way :kaz: 

Edited by ghostz life matters
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

thanks for admitting that you WILL ALWAYS pay.

You chose the exactly words.

A-L-W-A-Y-S.

As if.............you must pay every month, forever.

or else you have nothing in your possession.

Exactly.

I would pay $120 a year for those games. Guess how much I pay for Gamepass :blessed:

btw, my Gamepass is paid for for the next 3 or so years :bow: got it more than half off.. too :hsmoke:

Just now, ghostz life matters said:

I would pay $120 a year for those games. Guess how much I pay for Gamepass :blessed:

$180 :lawl:

But hey.........you got like 80 games that look like complete 2D indie game that serves as nothing more than padding the list of GamePass games, that will probably end up being in some end-of-the-year Humble Bundle that I can buy on the PC for about $10 if I wanted to (which I don't).:lawl::lawl:

Just now, jehurey said:

$180 :lawl:

But hey.........you got like 80 games that look like complete 2D indie game that serves as nothing more than padding the list of GamePass games, that will probably end up being in some end-of-the-year Humble Bundle that I can buy on the PC for about $10 if I wanted to (which I don't).:lawl::lawl:

Well, there’s also most of PS’s top sellers in there too :vince:

Well, there’s also most of PS’s top sellers in there too :vince:

No there isn't.

Point me where Naughty Dog's and Insomniacs and Ghost of Tsushima is on GamePass?

There only place where I can find those games?????????????

Two places:

1.) Playstation platforms

2.) Gaming Website Top 10 Games of the Year lists.

That's the only place I see those games end up.:trump:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No there isn't.

Point me where Naughty Dog's and Insomniacs and Ghost of Tsushima is on GamePass?

There only place where I can find those games?????????????

Two places:

1.) Playstation platforms

2.) Gaming Website Top 10 Games of the Year lists.

That's the only place I see those games end up.:trump:

Look at the OP, most of April’s top sellers are on Gamepass :blessed:

4 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

You mean, the top Selling PS games last month? Yeah :D 

Funny, MS has been making multiplats for years and they've never been in the Top 10 list.

And they are top selling games because they sold most on Playstation...........not because they sold on Xbox. (RE8, for example).

I love how you completely run away from your topics, because you are losing each one of them so badly AND quickly.:lawl:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Funny, MS has been making multiplats for years and they've never been in the Top 10 list.

And they are top selling games because they sold most on Playstation...........not because they sold on Xbox. (RE8, for example).

I love how you completely run away from your topics, because you are losing each one of them so badly AND quickly.:lawl:

You're running from the topic. The topic is the top sellers for PS in April being on gamepass :blessed:

The top selling game is $70 on PS5..LMAO. It's free for me :bow: 

You're running from the topic. The topic is the top sellers for PS in April being on gamepass :blessed:

The top selling game is $70 on PS5..LMAO. It's free for me :bow: 

No, you just ran from the topic by trying to say that its free.

And when I got you to admit that it isn't free............you ran from that topic.

I love how I'm literally explaining what you are doing......and you won't be able to refute it.

So you are literally paying monthly to LEASE multiplat games...........that aren't even the best games that come out that year.

And you'll never own them, even though you are paying close to $200 a year for them.:lawl:

No surprise there...............you LEASE phones for the past 10 years :drake:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No, you just ran from the topic by trying to say that its free.

And when I got you to admit that it isn't free............you ran from that topic.

I love how I'm literally explaining what you are doing......and you won't be able to refute it.

So you are literally paying monthly to LEASE multiplat games...........that aren't even the best games that come out that year.

And you'll never own them, even though you are paying close to $200 a year for them.:lawl:

No surprise there...............you LEASE phones for the past 10 years :drake:

It is free... for me. Like I said, I'd buy Madden & NHL already :bow: 

43 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

It is free... for me. Like I said, I'd buy Madden & NHL already :bow: 

So you decide to pay MORE PER YEAR...............yet you get copies of Madden on EA Play arriving IN MARCH, two months after the Super Bowl, and NHL 21 in April, three months after the NHL season began and SIX MONTHS after the game was released

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

So let me get this straight.

You would pay $60 to play the new Madden in August, when they release it.

You would pay $60 to play the new NHL 21 game in October 2020, when they release it.

OR

You pay $180 a year to play Madden SEVEN MONTHS LATER, and play NHL 21 SIX MONTHS LATER.

Oh...........and after paying $180...............you don't even OWN the games.:lawl::lawl::lawl:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jehurey said:

So you decide to pay MORE PER YEAR...............yet you get copies of Madden on EA Play arriving IN MARCH, two months after the Super Bowl, and NHL 21 in April, three months after the NHL season began and SIX MONTHS after the game was released

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

So let me get this straight.

You would pay $60 to play the new Madden in August, when they release it.

You would pay $60 to play the new NHL 21 game in October 2020, when they release it.

OR

You pay $180 a year to play Madden SEVEN MONTHS LATER, and play NHL 21 SIX MONTHS LATER.

Oh...........and after paying $180...............you don't even OWN the games.:lawl::lawl::lawl:

You get 10 hours. I enjoy playing with one specific buddy each year, and we probably put around 30 Hours each year into the games. I can easily stretch the 10 hours they give me until they’re released for free. I had 3 hours left on nhl before it came to Gamepass :kaz:

so yeah, free :smoke:

I have no desire to own these games, they’re yearly rehashes :kaz:

16 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

I don’t give a shit about MS hurting financially, it’s clear they don’t care either :blessed:

“They don’t care” until they suddenly close shop.

I remember when folks said MS “didn’t care” about losing money with Zune, Mixer and Windows Phone and look how that turned out. You’re a fool if you think a multibillion dollar company is a charity that doesn’t care about losing money. They all care about losing money and there’s a limit to how much they will lose. Once that limit is passed then they will cut their losses and move on. Not saying the limit is in the next few months or year but there is a limit and you better pray that GamePass starts to show some dividends soon or they will eventually cut and run.

23 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

“They don’t care” until they suddenly close shop.

I remember when folks said MS “didn’t care” about losing money with Zune, Mixer and Windows Phone and look how that turned out. You’re a fool if you think a multibillion dollar company is a charity that doesn’t care about losing money. They all care about losing money and there’s a limit to how much they will lose. Once that limit is passed then they will cut their losses and move on. Not saying the limit is in the next few months or year but there is a limit and you better pray that GamePass starts to show some dividends soon or they will eventually cut and run.

No.. I don’t care at all. If it ended tomorrow, great, I got exactly what I needed out of it. I forget how much I paid, but I’m paid thru several years of GP, and at a very reduced rate. 

I would buy at least two EA games a year, which literally already allow me to make my money back (and then some, really). Everything else is free, as i already had GP pay itself back for the year. 

if MS ended GP, I’d still get madden & nhl yearly, and still spend ~120 a year on it. 

Gamepass isn’t ending for several years at the earliest. and I don’t expect it to make money any time soon, nor do I care. Lol

I’m just saying, why would you prefer to play outriders or MLB on PS, if, as you claim.. most people own both (xb and ps)? Owning those two alone are nearly equivalent to a Gamepass sub for a year. No one will play MLB or shitriders for a full year anyway… maybe MLB, but not when the new one releases.