[WIRED] PS5 software has sold 11% more game units than PS4's software launch-aligned, users logged 81% more game time

According to Sony spokespeople, from launch through the end of March, users logged 81 percent more time on the console than on the PS4 during its own comparable period in 2013-14. Similarly, 11 percent more game units have been sold during the PS5's first five months than on its predecessor.
Is some of that thanks to increased home time? No question. Across the PlayStation ecosystem, user gameplay time was 20 percent higher in March 2021 than a year prior.

best console launch window ever.

demon's souls and Returnal are two of the best, most hardcore games ever made. PS5 is far and away the hardcore gamer's choice thanks to these two world class AAAE titles - and both NEVER on PC. :glad: 

When Ratchet AAA-AAAAE's next month this war is officially over. 6 months was all it took Sony to bury Xbox behind an unbeatable lead. Imagine what the count will be by the end of the gen.

Edited by Bodycount_
Just now, Bodycount_ said:

game's already an industry darling

with the reception the way it was, GOTY contender status is all but guaranteed

i'm super hyped for it.....but i can see this getting mostly 8's and 9's. it'll be a blast to play and a technical marvel, though. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i'm super hyped for it.....but i can see this getting mostly 8's and 9's. it'll be a blast to play and a technical marvel, though. 

with the SSD opening up new gameplay possibilities though it should push it over the top, along with the best in industry visuals and just how beloved Insomniac is after Spiderman

3 minutes ago, Bodycount_ said:

with the SSD opening up new gameplay possibilities though it should push it over the top, along with the best in industry visuals and just how beloved Insomniac is after Spiderman

hey, i would love to see this rack up up nice marks. i know i'll love it, regardless. 

Insomniac deserve a 90+ on MC just for all the hard work they are putting in. First Spiderman Miles Morales at launch and now this 6 months later. On top of that they are still managing to show off next gen features like the SSD speed and giving us world class real next gen visuals. All of this would be insane on its own but they are pulling off this feat in the middle of a pandemic. I'm so rooting for R&C to be a huge critical success for them because they are a great example for the industry.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Voidler said:

With David being constantly wrong this is definitely possible

I'm usually right. Except when I'm trolling. 

Ratchet hasn't been AAA since the PS2. But with how hyped the PS5 is right now it might actually get overrated and get it's first AAA in forever. Doubt it but it wouldn't totally surprise me.

It'll just be another mediocre Ratchet game that's forgotten quickly though.

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

I'm usually right. Except when I'm trolling. 

Ratchet hasn't been AAA since the PS2. But with how hyped the PS5 is right now it might actually get overrated and get it's first AAA in forever. Doubt it but it wouldn't totally surprise me.

It'll just be another mediocre Ratchet game that's forgotten quickly though.

The PS3 games weren’t far off 90 and the PS4 remake was a budget game so doesn’t really count like a main entry

I expect around 85

7 hours ago, Voidler said:

The PS3 games weren’t far off 90 and the PS4 remake was a budget game so doesn’t really count like a main entry

I expect around 85

80-85.