NBA/NHL Playoffs 2021

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Bubble Champions just like I said :lebron:

Mickey Mouse Ring :mickey:

not sure why you quoted my post when its still correct and your claim that there were more days off between games in the bubble was wrong.

there were less days off between games in the bubble. then they had the shortest offseason in sports history. then they played a compacted schedule regular season i.e. more games in less days. the lakers were trying to win 2 titles in like 8 months lol.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope Russ goes off and Celtics get beat tonight.

Should still work, Streameast [dot] live has also been great as of late, very few sputters, and solid bitrate quality  

about that      

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

not sure why you quoted my post when its still correct and your claim that there were more days off between games in the bubble was wrong.

there were less days off between games in the bubble. then they had the shortest offseason in sports history. then they played a compacted schedule regular season i.e. more games in less days. the lakers were trying to win 2 titles in like 8 months lol.

Bro, there was months off at the end of the season before the bubble even started. That rest before the playoffs was a Godsend.  And to top it off, a bunch off Superstars decided to not even partake in the bubble.   

Mickey Mouse Ring 💍

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

they also had the shortest offseason in sports history to recover/rest. :yeshrug:

its not a coincidence that the final four teams last year all had injury plagued seasons this year. and even still the lakers were in control of their series before AD's injury.

As stated above They already had a huge break the end of the season... what was it... 3 to 4 months? So stop acting as they played basketball for an extra 3 months and shit. 

That 4 year run Kobe had in the last back to back run included a zero break stretch in between  08 and the 09 season where there there was zero breaks.... first there was the 08 finals and that VERY SAME SUMMER was Olympics which means Zero breaks, they turned around and won the chip next season..... Pau as well had zero breaks because he got to the finals in the Olympics as well.... Zero Excuses and they won. 

Bubble Champions couldn't deliver and got bounced in the first round of a real season. 

Just caught your Lakers were in control before AD got injured comment.... yet I didn't hear you not once mention that your bubble Champs defeated an injury plagued Heat team 🤣

AD was playing like trash in game 4 before he went down... 2 for 9 and he was getting worked by the suns.... when he went down suns were already leading and controlling that game. 

If CP3 were fully healthy Lakers would have lost in 5. As seen in game 4 and the close out... he closed it out for the suns when the Lakers were trying to come back late in the 4th.

I saw this series loss coming once I saw it took the Lakers needing a desperation three to beat the warriors team of Steph alone with no other offensive threat.   Lakers couldn't guard the 3 to save their lives.

Edited by Goukosan

Bro, there was months off at the end of the season before the bubble even started. That rest before the playoffs was a Godsend.  And to top it off, a bunch off Superstars decided to not even partake in the bubble.   

Mickey Mouse Ring 💍

your claim that there were more days off between games in the bubble was wrong. bro, just own it

also what superstars decided not to go to the bubble ?

As stated above They already had a huge break the end of the season... what was it... 3 to 4 months? So stop acting as they played basketball for an extra 3 months and shit. 

That 4 year run Kobe had in the last back to back run included a zero break stretch in between  08 and the 09 season where there there was zero breaks.... first there was the 08 finals and that VERY SAME SUMMER was Olympics which means Zero breaks, they turned around and won the chip next season..... Pau as well had zero breaks because he got to the finals in the Olympics as well.... Zero Excuses and they won. 

Bubble Champions couldn't deliver and got bounced in the first round of a real season. 

Just caught your Lakers were in control before AD got injured comment.... yet I didn't hear you not once mention that your bubble Champs defeated an injury plagued Heat team 🤣

AD was playing like trash in game 4 before he went down... 2 for 9 and he was getting worked by the suns.... when he went down suns were already leading and controlling that game. 

If CP3 were fully healthy Lakers would have lost in 5. As seen in game 4 and the close out... he closed it out for the suns when the Lakers were trying to come back late in the 4th.

I saw this series loss coming once I saw it took the Lakers needing a desperation three to beat the warriors team of Steph alone with no other offensive threat.   Lakers couldn't guard the 3 to save their lives.

where did i say they played an extra 3 to 4 months? what i said was they played a compacted playoff in the bubble (more games in less days), had the shortest offseason in sports history (by miles), and played a compacted regular season. again, all 4 conference finalists from last year dealt with MAJOR injuries this year. the rest they all had in spring 2020 didnt change that.

your olympics comparison lol... even with the olympics there was more time off in that offseason than the lakers/heat got after the bubble. theres also a bunch of other things that make that a flawed comparison like only kobe, pau, and sasha vujacic or some shit playing in the plympics, not the whole team. also the fact that they played a normal non-compacted reg season.

they were up 2-1 when AD got injured, and he was dominant in both wins. lets not pretend like his absence doesnt make a massive difference on offense/defense. if both teams were fully healthy (and that includes lebron who had an injured ankle), the lakers probably win in 6. even with a half speed lebron, they were toying with the suns through 3 games of the series.

59 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

your claim that there were more days off between games in the bubble was wrong. bro, just own it

also what superstars decided not to go to the bubble ?

off the top of my head KD and Kyrie.

3 to 4 month break just before the Bubble, Super Stars sitting out the bubble, Zero travel, Zero opposing crowds and zero road games. 

Mickey Mouse Champs that got exposed.. 

As I said earlier in this thread the bubble was the outlier of the 3 years LBJ had been in LA. 

1st season missed playoffs. 

2nd Season Bubble Champs. 

3rd season 2 games out of missing the playoffs... if the season were 82 games they wouldn't have made the playoffs... 

2 out of those 3 years they underperformed.    The ONE season they get a four month break to rest all and all the other benefits of a bubble they win. 

They were rhe bubble Champs... they get credit for winning down there. 

But let's not act as if that was the same as a full 82 game season and full playoff schedule with travel etc. 

Edited by Goukosan
12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

off the top of my head KD and Kyrie

KD was recovering from a torn achilles.

kyrie was the only superstar that didnt go, and without kd.. that hardly matters.

21 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

where did i say they played an extra 3 to 4 months? what i said was they played a compacted playoff in the bubble (more games in less days), had the shortest offseason in sports history (by miles), and played a compacted regular season. again, all 4 conference finalists from last year dealt with MAJOR injuries this year. the rest they all had in spring 2020 didnt change that.

your olympics comparison lol... even with the olympics there was more time off in that offseason than the lakers/heat got after the bubble. theres also a bunch of other things that make that a flawed comparison like only kobe, pau, and sasha vujacic or some shit playing in the plympics, not the whole team. also the fact that they played a normal non-compacted reg season.

they were up 2-1 when AD got injured, and he was dominant in both wins. lets not pretend like his absence doesnt make a massive difference on offense/defense. if both teams were fully healthy (and that includes lebron who had an injured ankle), the lakers probably win in 6. even with a half speed lebron, they were toying with the suns through 3 games of the series.

Lakers lost the series because they couldn't defend the 3 and they also shot terribly from the 3. AD wasn't going to change that. 

AD was playing like garbage in game 4...he basically played almost have the game and Lakers were already getting beat.  They were going to lose game 4 in similar fashion to how they lost game 1.

Lakers beat an injury plagued Heat team yet you don't mention that at all.... but now you want to discount this first round loss because AD got hurt...cry more :awww:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lakers lost the series because they couldn't defend the 3 and they also shot terribly from the 3. AD wasn't going to change that. 

AD was playing like garbage in game 4...he basically played almost have the game and Lakers were already getting beat.  They were going to lose game 4 in similar fashion to how they lost game 1.

Lakers beat an injury plagued Heat team yet you don't mention that at all.... but now you want to discount this first round loss because AD got hurt...cry more :awww:

AD averaged 34 pts, 10 reb, and 2 blks in both lakers wins, and they led the series through the first 3 games. pretending his absence doesnt make a huge difference lol.

also where did i say the heat didnt have injuries?

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

AD averaged 34 pts, 10 reb, and 2 blks in both lakers wins, and they led the series through the first 3 games. pretending his absence doesnt make a huge difference lol.

also where did i say the heat didnt have injuries?

and what did he average in the losses? 

he was 2 for 9 halfway through game 4 while the suns were beating the Lakers again. 

Enjoy the first round exit bro and stop crying 🤣😂

5 minutes ago, Delita said:

this nigga said KD :will: LMFAO

On 2021-05-17 at 3:37 PM, Delita said:

From champs to first round exit.

Lakers :snoop:

You saw it coming too :lebron:

Once I saw they were struggling to beat the warriors... I knew they were going to go out early this playoffs. 

Edited by Goukosan
8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and what did he average in the losses? 

he was 2 for 9 halfway through game 4 while the suns were beating the Lakers again. 

Enjoy the first round exit bro and stop crying 🤣😂

there was a whole other half to play bro.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You saw it coming too :lebron:

Of course, for the reasons i highlighted in this thread. They came into this season with a clear handicap that only the HEAT can say they shared. As well as lies by Cuck Adam Silver telling them not to worry that they'd have a break in spring because there wouldn't be an ALL Star weekend which turned out to be more shite. :francis:

3 minutes ago, Delita said:

Of course, for the reasons i highlighted in this thread. They came into this season with a clear handicap that only the HEAT can say they shared. As well as lies by Cuck Adam Silver telling them not to worry that they'd have a break in spring because there wouldn't be an ALL Star weekend which turned out to be more shite. :francis:

Similarly the 4 month rest leading into the bubble was a God send to the eventual bubble Champs :lebron:

So, just to clarify.....Lebron and the Lakers dancing and celebrating acting like big guys when they are winning games against Phoenix when Chris Paul is injured and playing limited minutes = true sign of a championship-caliber team?

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Similarly the 4 month rest leading into the bubble was a God send to the eventual bubble Champs :lebron:

Ok, so explain how the 1st seeded western team pre-covid benefitted from rest, while others who got equal amount didnt :lebron:

I can tell you how the disproportionate amount of rest compared to other teams was a god send to everyone but the Lakers and Heat :lebron:

If anything, that rest during covid should have done more to slow down their momentum they had going before covid struck :lebron:

2 hours ago, Delita said:

Ok, so explain how the 1st seeded western team pre-covid benefitted from rest, while others who got equal amount didnt :lebron:

I can tell you how the disproportionate amount of rest compared to other teams was a god send to everyone but the Lakers and Heat :lebron:

If anything, that rest during covid should have done more to slow down their momentum they had going before covid struck :lebron:

I didn't say it didn't benefit everyone else.... im saying it especially benefited the Lakers... When you have an aging super star and an injury prone #2 star... a 4 month break WITHIN THE SEASON is a God send.... aging super stars get injured more often and take longer to recover and AD has been injury prone his entire career.

You guys were just crying bbbbbut if AD were Healthy and Bbbut the short turn around.....guess what would elevate both those issues... a 4 month break during towards the end of the season... AKA what happened in the bubble season :lebron:

Next year will be a repeat of this year and two years ago unless the Lakers go younger with a 3rd reliable star to help LBJ when AD goes down and to help carry to load. 

Edited by Goukosan