Horizon Forbidden West State of Play - May 27

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Xbox are really going to show fuck all again lmfao.. 

Jeff Grubb is even pretty much saying to temper expectations.. :shake: 

For me personally... Forza Horizon and Halo will be enough to make it a good show for me....

but god damn... how are we not seeing something of Hellblade, Perfect Dark, Fable, and some other shit at this point.

Phil really does fucking suck at managing :tom: 

because those ganes aren't at a state to show something as yet unless it's an in engine no gameplay trailer. 

After they got burned with Halo Infinite gameplay reveal... they're going to wait until they have something substantial to show on those games. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TLHBR.    

Can't wait to see this one in motion. I expect the graphics to be incredible.

someone merged it. 

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

For me personally... Forza Horizon and Halo will be enough to make it a good show for me....

but god damn... how are we not seeing something of Hellblade, Perfect Dark, Fable, and some other shit at this point.

Because MS announced CG trailers years away

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Xbox games that have just started development and haven't been shown are coming tomorrow..... but this game that was announced for this year and has a gameplay reveal in a day or two is 2022.

Gotta love DynamiteCop 🤣😂

We have to wait a couple of days just to be sure, but there's a good chance we will have an actual release date for Horizon 2 by the end of this week.

Which had me thinking, when Sony revealed the PS5, and then revealed the most important games coming out for it.

How many of those games have gotten confirmed dates at this point?

Demon Souls. Miles Morales, Returnal, Ratcher & Clank.  And, I believe, we'll be getting Horizon 2's date.

So now........I look towards Microsoft.

We're seven months into their next hardware generation.......what are the release dates for their major games?

Can you imagine if they can't provide release dates for their games at E3 2021? Because just giving us a release date for Halo Infinite isn't going to cut it.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Because MS announced CG trailers years away

Apparently lemmings thought because it was an in engine trailer that meant thw game was close to release.... in engine just means the trailer ran on the game's engine... that's it🤣

Edited by Goukosan
9 minutes ago, Remij said:

i'm ok with that. i rather see those than nothing. any surprises would be a bonus. while i didn't care for halo 5, i loved the other games (reach and 4 get way too much hate). 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Apparently lemmings thought because it was an in engine trailer that meant thw game was close to release.... in engine just means the trailer ran on the game's engine... that's it🤣

I'm going to overlook this cheap shot at me... and simply say...

Forza has had a long time to cook... they should be ready to show something.

Hellblade should be ready to show something.

Look... it's not even about showing the final product... JUST SHOW SOMETHING... a small snippet of combat... ANYTHING.  Just polish it up and have it running in real time on the console.

I completely get that many of their games are moving to UE5 and there's going to be tons more shit to do... but you can't go another year without showing anything...

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i'm ok with that. i rather see those than nothing. any surprises would be a bonus. while i didn't care for halo 5, i loved the other games (reach and 4 get way too much hate). 

I'm excited for Halo.  And yea, Halo 4 is good.. I was playing it recently... definitely got way too much hate.

Forza Horizon will be awesome I'm sure too.

But those are... the same names MS has always relied on to carry them through another year....

With this gen... this SHOULD have been MS' time to not rely on those games.. and have other substantial shit to show.

Sony will have Horizon... then whenever MS has anything substantial to show.. Sony is going to have God of War and Gran Turismo and whatever else they may have cooking...

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm going to overlook this cheap shot at me... and simply say...

Forza has had a long time to cook... they should be ready to show something.

Hellblade should be ready to show something.

Look... it's not even about showing the final product... JUST SHOW SOMETHING... a small snippet of combat... ANYTHING.  Just polish it up and have it running in real time on the console.

I completely get that many of their games are moving to UE5 and there's going to be tons more shit to do... but you can't go another year without showing anything...

They got burned with Halo Infinite reveal.   It's better to wait to blow people away... then show lackluster shit and turn people off from the game. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

They got burned with Halo Infinite reveal.   It's better to wait to blow people away... then show lackluster shit and turn people off from the game. 

True... but the issue is that they need to blow people away... and the longer you wait.. the more they must blow me away to make up for it.

Imagine waiting another 2 years for Fable.... and then they finally show it... and it just completely underwhelms...

That makes it even worse.   For the record Playground Games are essentially MS' best developer and I think they'll make a fantastic game... but just as an example.

24 minutes ago, Remij said:

Do you actually believe that tub of goo knows their E3 plans... He wasn't even right about Starfield...

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Do you actually believe that tub of goo knows their E3 plans... He wasn't even right about Starfield...

Yes, I do think he does have a good idea about what to expect.

All the signs are there to not expect something earth shattering..

Fable is FAR off

Hellblade 2 is switching to UE5

Next Gen Forza is still a ways off

The Coalition already announced not to expect anything for a long time

I don't know about the Bethesda side.  I'm sure we'll see Starfield... which is great. 

Maybe a couple other things... hopefully there's a couple big surprises in there somewhere...  They really need SOMETHING to land well with the public and press.

I dunno man... like I said.. I'll personally be happy with seeing more Halo and Forza Horizon.. so I'm excited for that.. but my expectations are definitely tempered now.  Their other stuff is still a long way off yet.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yes, I do think he does have a good idea about what to expect.

All the signs are there to not expect something earth shattering..

Fable is FAR off

Hellblade 2 is switching to UE5

Next Gen Forza is still a ways off

The Coalition already announced not to expect anything for a long time

I don't know about the Bethesda side.  I'm sure we'll see Starfield... which is great. 

Maybe a couple other things... hopefully there's a couple big surprises in there somewhere...  They really need SOMETHING to land well with the public and press.

I dunno man... like I said.. I'll personally be happy with seeing more Halo and Forza Horizon.. so I'm excited for that.. but my expectations are definitely tempered now.  Their other stuff is still a long way off yet.

I bet you're going to be pleasantly surprised, there's plenty of stuff they can show even if it's halfway into development. There's 26 freaking Studios, they're not all on the same cycle to where it's like oh we have nothing now but we'll all have games in 2023. That's some of the dumbest crap I've ever heard.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

I bet you're going to be pleasantly surprised, there's plenty of stuff they can show even if it's halfway into development. There's 26 freaking Studios, they're not all on the same cycle to where it's like oh we have nothing now but we'll all have games in 2023. That's some of the dumbest crap I've ever heard.

I hope so man.  That's what I'm hoping for.  I thought MS was going to have an E3 thing for their XGS... and then later in the fall Bethesda was going to have another thing... but it's looking like they are having them both together now... so that's potentially another hint that on each their own they don't have tons to show currently.

At least with tempered expectations I can allow myself to be pleasantly surprised.

For now... the only games that I feel confident expecting to see are Halo and Forza Horizon.  Anything else is up in the air.

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

One day the games will come.. enjoy the wait :tom5:

This is just bad management.

Okay, you release a console in 2017 where you advertised the possibility of near-4K games..........and Xbox management had been planning this 2017 console launch since BEFORE 2016. And they couldn't coordinate to get some genuine exclusives, or semi-exclusives to line up with the hardware launch?

The best they could do was paying PlayerUnknown some last-minute money to make an incredibly half-assed port that clearly looked rushed?

Ok fine, let's just say that entire period was a fluke, major mid-console refreshes are not common. I can understand, somewhat.

But...........these guys knew the NEXT-GEN hardware would launch at 2020, since at least early 2018. They knew that November 2020 was going to be the beginning of next-gen, and therefore they should coordinate their gaming development to have games ready at or near that time period.

Like how do you mess that up?

And why would your launch period be Halo and JUST Halo, and not plan on 1 to 3 other major games in the event that something happens to Halo?

That's bad management. Its either that......or every developer that Microsoft purchased just happens to be really stupid with managing their schedule, which even then that becomes the fault of management for not seeing that and rectifying it.

Edited by jehurey
21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

A lot of multiplats, yes. 

All day one PC. :juggle: 

Xbox :kaz: 

42 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Reach was pretty damn good, Halo 4 was so bad I just snapped the disc in half after beating it. 

23 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

How many good Xbox exclusive games have been released in the past few years? You act like droughts are unheard of. 

18 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

26 studios.

0 games

lmfao.

no wonder it's the system for inbred swamp dwellers, they spew the same type of shit as trump. "WE HAVE THE MOST STUDIOS, GREAT STUDIOS, WONDERFUL GAMES COMING, THE BEST!!!"

Edited by Casual
25 minutes ago, Casual said:

26 studios.

0 games

lmfao.

no wonder it's the system for inbred swamp dwellers, they spew the same type of shit as trump. "WE HAVE THE MOST STUDIOS, GREAT STUDIOS, WONDERFUL GAMES COMING, THE BEST!!!"

Why do you retards chomp at the bit and say dumb shit like this which is going to inevitably fuck you in the face... Like there's a 0% chance it won't, you're going to get face fucked...