Sega is still milking Virtua Fighter 5 16 years later.

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

what a boring franchise. i never got the appeal of these games. 

The gameplay is excellent. VF is also pretty different from other fighting games in the sense that the characters uses real martial arts only, no stupid magical projectiles or other unrealistic bullshit.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The gameplay is excellent. VF is also pretty different from other fighting games in the sense that the characters uses real martial arts only, no stupid magical projectiles or other unrealistic bullshit.

eh, i guess. i played 1 and 2 in the arcades, back in the day. maybe i was too young to appreciate them. 

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

They are very technical and incredibly hard to master fighting games.

These are not your typical run of the mill fighters.

Literally you have to execute these moves within the required frames.

I tried playing VF4 back in the ps2 era and ended up breaking one controller trying to do one simple combo with Akira.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

They are very technical and incredibly hard to master fighting games.

These are not your typical run of the mill fighters.

Literally you have to execute these moves within the required frames.

I tried playing VF4 back in the ps2 era and ended up breaking one controller trying to do one simple combo with Akira.

aside from the gratuitous gore in MK 1 and 2, and soul caliber's insane visuals for the dreamcast, i've never been drawn to fighting games. i hated street fighter 2, even though all of my friends were playing it in the arcade. 

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

VF5 was pretty amazing back in the day. This franchise didn't have as exciting a lore as Tekken or SF but it could be argued that it was the best 3d fighting franchise. 

Looks like fucking shit. :D  This series deserves better.

Character models during close ups looks even worse. Not on a technical level, just the face got really ugly and I'm seeing the same animations.

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown - Official HD Upgrade Trailer - YouTube

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown - Gameplay Demo [HD 1080P] - YouTube

Hard pass until we get a real VF6, not this. I'm even more excited for the new KoF. lol At least it's a new game.

On 2021-05-25 at 12:31 PM, -GD-X said:

It was a pioneer 3D fighter of the 90s, and graphic king, till it got eclipsed by Tekken in the 2000s.

Virtua Figher 5 was pure ownage as an online fighter back in the early Xbox 360 days.  

2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

It was a pioneer 3D fighter of the 90s, and graphic king, till it got eclipsed by Tekken in the 2000s.

Virtua Figher 5 was pure ownage as an online fighter back in the early Xbox 360 days.  

2000s? More like 1995 by battle arena toshinden lol. Also, soul calibur was the most visually impressive game - period - in 1999 (Dreamcast) Get your facts right lol. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

2000s? More like 1995 by battle arena toshinden lol. Also, soul calibur was the most visually impressive game - period - in 1999 (Dreamcast) Get your facts right lol. 

LOL. 

Toshiden was awesome to see on PSX demo stations at the stores back in the day, when all I had was a 16-bit system. 

I think SEGA was a head of the curve for the first 3 Virtua Fighters.    VF1 in 1993, VF2 in 1994, VF3 in 1996.  Did you know the original developers of Virtua Fighter series part of SEGA's AM2 went on to work for NAMCO to make Tekken?

Edited by The Mother Fucker