My short review of the Series X. It's incredible.

It is amazing the amount of improvement this console is doing to last gen games. Not only bumping the resolution, but also performance, framerates and even adding a few more visual effects.

I just can't believe how smooth WRC 9 is in the Series X. My wheel also feels better. The force feedback is way more detailed and immersive than my experience on One X.

Here, a short shitty Twitter clip of what the Series X is allowing me to do with my driving, improve it dramatically. 

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • aitch 1
41 minutes ago, Cell said:

Opening sentence and he’s talking about playing last gen games.

:RISITAS:

Of course he is. PlayStation isn't exactly drowning in games right now, and what there is isn't that great. Also most of the games that are coming out anyways could be done on last-gen hardware, and most are shared with last-gen hardware so their next-gen status is kind of irrelevant anyways.

So the fact of the matter is there are far more interesting last-gen games that came out which on the Series X are vastly improved and the PlayStation 5 does not share any of these improvements because their backward compatibility is garbage.

You guys have nothing to play right now, what you've had to play has been sparse, retreaded ground or short experiences that amount to half a Saturday. So even when Ratchet comes out next month most of who get that will be done with it within a day or two and then you'll be right back to square one with nothing.

At least with the Series X the nothing that you can play from last gen is vastly improved making it only possible on that console. The nothing and downtimes on PlayStation 5 equate to basically having a PlayStation 4 which renders it completely useless for the 99.9 percentile of time it has existed.

Why do you think so many journalists and people on forums have turned on the PlayStation 5 and prefer their Series X? Because it improves your gaming experience across the board, and it is not hamstrung in valuable function to just a game release every three to six months that you'll be done with in a weekend or less.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Of course he is. PlayStation isn't exactly drowning in games right now, and what there is isn't that great. Also most of the games that are coming out anyways could be done on last-gen hardware, and most are shared with last-gen hardware so their next-gen status is kind of irrelevant anyways.

So the fact of the matter is there are far more interesting last-gen games that came out which on the Series X are vastly improved and the PlayStation 5 does not share any of these improvements because their backward compatibility is garbage.

You guys have nothing to play right now, what you've had to play has been sparse, retreaded ground or short experiences that amount to half a Saturday. So even when Ratchet comes out next month most of who get that will be done with it within a day or two and then you'll be right back to square one with nothing.

At least with the Series X the nothing that you can play from last gen is vastly improved making it only possible on that console. The nothing and downtimes on PlayStation 5 equate to basically having a PlayStation 4 which renders it completely useless for the 99.9 percentile of time it has existed.

Why do you think so many journalists and people on forums have turned on the PlayStation 5 and prefer their Series X? Because it improves your gaming experience across the board, and it is not hamstrung in valuable function to just a game release every three to six months that you'll be done with in a weekend or less.

You live in an absolute fantasy world. PS5 got a new AAAe just a few weeks ago. We got a multitude of AAs and AAAs at launch

Xbox. Nothing released and nothing on the immediate horizon

Xbox is busy improving the games nobody cares about last gen - why would anybody care about playing Crackdown 3 at a higher FPS now? Meanwhile we are getting upgrades to the exclusives people actually enjoyed last gen, including recent 60 FPS updates to two of the best games of last gen :juggle:

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

My problem with Series X is that I can see it being in this exact same position in years to come, just like the Xbox One was. One year, for sure. Two years, it will likely have a few AAe scraps that nobody cares about outside of the Xbox core. Three years, same story. You have to look five years down the line to hope (and I mean, ‘hope’) that one studio puts out a game that did what Halo did for the Xbox or Gears did for the 360, and by then, PS5 will has the studios behind it which will inevitably put out multiple stellar games, like the next God of War, even Horizon. Hell, even Squares timed exclusivity of Final Fantasy titles will sell shitloads of software and hardware.

My point is this gen appears to be playing out just like the last one and MS is YEARS away from doing anything about it. 

The true irony will be that by the time they have truly killer app games, MS could even be a console-less streaming service through game pass on other platforms and PC. 

2 hours ago, Cell said:

My problem with Series X is that I can see it being in this exact same position in years to come, just like the Xbox One was. One year, for sure. Two years, it will likely have a few AAe scraps that nobody cares about outside of the Xbox core. Three years, same story. You have to look five years down the line to hope (and I mean, ‘hope’) that one studio puts out a game that did what Halo did for the Xbox or Gears did for the 360, and by then, PS5 will has the studios behind it which will inevitably put out multiple stellar games, like the next God of War, even Horizon. Hell, even Squares timed exclusivity of Final Fantasy titles will sell shitloads of software and hardware.

My point is this gen appears to be playing out just like the last one and MS is YEARS away from doing anything about it. 

The true irony will be that by the time they have truly killer app games, MS could even be a console-less streaming service through game pass on other platforms and PC. 

It's a different attitude from Matrick's MS which only cared about tv and Kinect.

4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

It's a different attitude from Matrick's MS which only cared about tv and Kinect.

Ok but were the fuck are the games?

image.gif.353283a07169dafc872046bbdfcecce4.gif

Edited by Cell