Just sold Suikoden II for $405.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Good. I never understood why people want to keep old shit around.

I get it.. for the most part.  Like... hoarding shit or whatever...

but certain things.. certain classics... nah, I'd keep that shit.

I still have my original FF1 NES copy as well as the original Zelda gold cartridge. 

I wont sell them.  They hold a special place in my heart. lol

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I get it.. for the most part.  Like... hoarding shit or whatever...

but certain things.. certain classics... nah, I'd keep that shit.

I still have my original FF1 NES copy as well as the original Zelda gold cartridge. 

I wont sell them.  They hold a special place in my heart. lol

That’s fair. I just hate clutter. 

20 minutes ago, Saucer said:

It's weirdly fun. :spin:

People, at the very least  buy physical copies of Japanese role-playing and horror games. I'm just saying.

Most of the niche games I play only increase in value over time. At least half of them.

Basically what you need to look for are good games that sell really poorly at launch. Even better if the games are part of a cult classic franchise. JRPGs and Japanese horror games definitely fall into those categories.

52 minutes ago, Remij said:

WTF... why would you sell it? :( 

"old trash"

I don't even know who you are anymore :scust: 

:D Don't worry, Suikoden II owns but if I want to play it I can just emulate the game for free on PC or get it for cheap on PSN. I rather make a significant profit that keeping it at my place.

I got way too many fucking games. It's taking up a lot of spaces.

• Thanks 1

keeping your old trash is only baggage and a terrible idea. i lost my gameboy advance and ps2 with most games to a breakup. I'm still saddend but I learnt a valuable lesson. digital is the way. 

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

If you still have your ps2 and ps2 games lying around, you could have a small fortune sitting in your house.

I sold most of my PS2 collection already, that was around 2006. I have a few games left, Ace Combat 4, Onimusha 1, but nothing of high value.

15 minutes ago, kaz said:

keeping your old trash is only baggage and a terrible idea. i lost my gameboy advance and ps2 with most games to a breakup. I'm still saddend but I learnt a valuable lesson. digital is the way. 

Lost my Gamecube and a bunch of high value games during a break-up too. lol

I'm pretty much all digital too but I'm always on the lookout for games that will net me a profit (or anything really). I just keep them sealed now, even easier to resell. Wish I started doing that way sooner.

30 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Have you checked online?

Yeah, not much and they are not in a good condition, unlike most of the rest of my stuff. I have more Xbox games from that era.

I let one of my coworker borrow my copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta then Covid happened and lost contact with the guy and what is it the first thing I see at a local used games store, a fucking copy of PDO at $70 and I'm pretty sure it's mine. :mad: 

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

damn, i loved onimusha, back in the day. 

A new Onimusha with the RE engine could be cool. Some of the DMCV guys could probably make it into a decent game or hell, the RE teams.

With Nioh and Sekiro being pretty big now, a samurai demon slasher seems like a safe bet.

But lol Capcom doesn't give a shit about Onimusha, couldn't even be bothered to port part 2, 3 or 4. Lmfao.

Almost none of the games of last gen or this gen are going to ever reach those kind of values again. With the rise of digital, collecting has taken a massive plunge. Which is why i buy all my games digital nowadays since it isn't worth it buying physical anymore. You're not going to have a suikoden II or a panzer dragoon saga in your collection again.

I used to be that person who would buy games over MSRP a few years later because there was literally no other way to play it since the publishers like Atlus only ever made a tiny amount for launch and that was it. Now days with digital that's never a problem

It devalues your physical copy when you're  no longer part of some exclusive elite club who owns a rare game in tiny physical supply, but is instead available at the press on a button on digital