Just sold Suikoden II for $405.

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Almost none of the games of last gen or this gen are going to ever reach those kind of values again. With the rise of digital, collecting has taken a massive plunge. Which is why i buy all my games digital nowadays since it isn't worth it buying physical anymore. You're not going to have a suikoden II or a panzer dragoon saga in your collection again.

The collectors market's on fire right now. Prices for many Switch games are already through the roof because of small/short print runs.

fvf61aF.jpg

I think digital is actually helping increase the value of physical copies because there's fewer physical copies then there would be if digital didn't exist. A lot of collectors want physical. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Delita said:

Almost none of the games of last gen or this gen are going to ever reach those kind of values again. With the rise of digital, collecting has taken a massive plunge. Which is why i buy all my games digital nowadays since it isn't worth it buying physical anymore. You're not going to have a suikoden II or a panzer dragoon saga in your collection again.

I used to be that person who would buy games over MSRP a few years later because there was literally no other way to play it since the publishers like Atlus only ever made a tiny amount for launch and that was it. Now days with digital that's never a problem

It devalues your physical copy when you're  no longer part of some exclusive elite club who owns a rare game in tiny physical supply, but is instead available at the press on a button on digital

Not true at all. I have plenty of collector edition worth a few hundred bucks for PS3, rare Xbox 360 imports and niche games worth a few hundreds, rare PSVR games worth 3-4 times their value already, limited run games are also worth checking out, easy money.

It's not everything that gets value obviously and Suikoden is a special case, but the niche stuff that are rare and have a demand is already profitable.

Plus you have to let a generation simmer for at least a decade before we see the true worth of everything.

On 2021-05-27 at 12:31 PM, Ramza said:

By the way I still got Suikoden 1. B)  

Same. Just with a cracked case. Somewhere in my parents' house along with my pokemon cards. Apparently pokemon cards skyrocketed in value as well.