So one of my best friends passed away this morning

It is believed to be suicide.  She has suffered with mental illness her whole life.  It's so heartbreaking when someone suffered so much in their head that they could no longer go on.  She called me yesterday and I missed her call, I called her back and got no answer.  Then she texted me with "help".  I called her again and no answer.  Damnit!

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I’m sorry for your loss. There’s nothing you could have done to prevent this. 

Yeah that's what I remind myself.  Once someone decides they can no longer go on there is nothing you can do.  All you will do is delay the inevitable.  

24 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Yeah that's what I remind myself.  Once someone decides they can no longer go on there is nothing you can do.  All you will do is delay the inevitable.  

It’s the unfortunate truth :( 

Really sorry to hear that man.  Mental illness is some real shit.  I can imagine how you're feeling right now, but just know in your heart that what everyone is saying is right.  There's nothing you could have done, and you didn't know.  That's what's so tough about dealing with friends and family suffering from mental illness/depression.  It can be impossible and very hard to spot until it's too late.  Is a vicious thing and sometimes the more you try to help, the worse things can get.

The only thing you can do now is keep that person in your memory and cherish the time you had together, and continue on and do what you can to improve your own mental health and life and spend as much time you can with those you love.

Again, really sorry for your loss.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This stuff is never easy, at least 30 people from my graduating class are dead now not to mention the countless others who weren't in my class that I also knew.

That’s awful to hear. 

• Like 1