How come there aren't any cool video game intros anymore?

This takes me back to an era when there was still a bit of magic in games for me. Not that I don't enjoy them now, but as a kid/teenager there was something way more engrossing. 

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

One of my favs

Oh and another one

I could actually go on and on and on with awesome PS1 game intros, truly the best video game system of all time :wow2: 

Ps2 smokes it, but yeah, it was great. 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Eww.. no way.

But this isn't the thread for that.

One of the GOATS :wow2: 

Haha to each is own. You are letting nostalgia get the best of you :smoke: 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Haha to each is own. You are letting nostalgia get the best of you :smoke: 

I honestly don't think it's so much that.  I just think that was quite objectively the best time for RPGs, which are my favorite genre.  Square was killing it... there was tons of innovation and new things happening.  PS was pushing the mature/violent games and I think a lot of the best IP was created, or massively overhauled during that generation.

Maybe I'd say the 32bit/64bit generation altogether was my absolute favorite.  You don't hear me talk too much shit about games from those days.. nor do I ever talk about how unplayable they are now.. because I genuinely think they're just solid, ground breaking games.

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

I honestly don't think it's so much that.  I just think that was quite objectively the best time for RPGs, which are my favorite genre.  Square was killing it... there was tons of innovation and new things happening.  PS was pushing the mature/violent games and I think a lot of the best IP was created, or massively overhauled during that generation.

Maybe I'd say the 32bit/64bit generation altogether was my absolute favorite.  You don't hear me talk too much shit about games from those days.. nor do I ever talk about how unplayable they are now.. because I genuinely think they're just solid, ground breaking games.

Outside of JRPGs, you have a point. The others are unplayable af now. Even soul reaver is unplayable on the ps1 (yet still looks good enough on Dreamcast). Mgs3, gta 3, silent hill 2/3, fatal frame, gt3, Dmc...still very epic, groundbreaking and playable games. I agree that PlayStation redefined gaming, getting rid of the “kid” or “nerd” stigma.

I'm talking about actual intros, anything that plays before you get to a "Press Start" screen.

Not when you start up a new game, and then it begins playing to opening cutscene.

Like that WCW nitro, that's an intro.