naughty dog can learn a thing or two from insomniac games

i find that a bit hard to believe, unless they are a massive studio with multiple teams.

they clearly looked like they finished Miles Morales at the last minute, coming in hot. Then they finish up Ratchet & Clank, and remember we didn't even see extended footage of this game until like barely 5 weeks ago, and the news is that there is a Performance 60 fps RT patch coming in Day 1, and they managed to increase the ray-tracing resolution significantly at the last minute.

And there's hinting that they have a Sunset Overdrive coming after this. They are being worked.

Naughty Dog needs to learn to use their skills with crafting environment for making games that are more colorful and fun. Games in which extraordinary crazy things happen.

I see no reason why they can't make a game that takes place in ancient times, with exploding volcanos, or wars breaking out as cities get raided by savage invaders.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

i find that a bit hard to believe, unless they are a massive studio with multiple teams.

they clearly looked like they finished Miles Morales at the last minute, coming in hot. Then they finish up Ratchet & Clank, and remember we didn't even see extended footage of this game until like barely 5 weeks ago, and the news is that there is a Performance 60 fps RT patch coming in Day 1, and they managed to increase the ray-tracing resolution significantly at the last minute.

And there's hinting that they have a Sunset Overdrive coming after this. They are being worked.

Naughty Dog needs to learn to use their skills with crafting environment for making games that are more colorful and fun. Games in which extraordinary crazy things happen.

I see no reason why they can't make a game that takes place in ancient times, with exploding volcanos, or wars breaking out as cities get raided by savage invaders.

Sony has entire networks of developers whose job it is to assist their studios in making their games.  There's not a single game Sony makes anymore that has a single team/studio working on it.

Visual Arts Service Group is one such team that pretty much assists all their other studios and is actually responsible for how pretty their games look.

But yea, I agree that it's definitely hard to believe.  I'm sure if it's not, Jason Schreier will be looking into it haha

I love ND, but it terms of quality to output levels, Insomniac is the absolute GOAT and practically on another level to ANYONE else right now. The quality and consistency of their output right now is out of this world. Add to the fact it's through a Covid hit production where everyone else has been absolute butt fucked. The most 'in form' developers atm and at the best they have ever been. 

Can't even imagine what they pull off with Spiderman 2 and it wouldn't even surprise me if they release it in 2 years time. 

and Sony bought them for peanuts :hest:

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I love ND, but it terms of quality to output levels, Insomniac is the absolute GOAT and practically on another level to ANYONE else right now. The quality and consistency of their output right now is out of this world. Add to the fact it's through a Covid hit production where everyone else has been absolute butt fucked. The most 'in form' developers atm and at the best they have ever been. 

Can't even imagine what they pull off with Spiderman 2 and it wouldn't even surprise me if they release it in 2 years time. 

and Sony bought them for peanuts :hest:

Makes me wonder how the fuck MS allowed them to slip through?  Like what the fuck? Sony paid what... ~280M for them?

LMAO that was literally the best deal of the century.  But to be fair... Insomniac's IP were all Sony's IP to begin with.. and that's where the value of acquisitions comes from.  But still... Sony knew they were capable of quality games..

Like I said... Sony will absolutely take Insomniac, release a Sunset Overdrive 2... and it will be lauded as amazing and a huge seller.

How did MS allow that to fall through? :tom: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Makes me wonder how the fuck MS allowed them to slip through?  Like what the fuck? Sony paid what... ~280M for them?

LMAO that was literally the best deal of the century.  But to be fair... Insomniac's IP were all Sony's IP to begin with.. and that's where the value of acquisitions comes from.  But still... Sony knew they were capable of quality games..

Like I said... Sony will absolutely take Insomniac, release a Sunset Overdrive 2... and it will be lauded as amazing and a huge seller.

Why would Insomniac sell to MS? :omglol:

18 hours ago, Remij said:

Well it was known that they didn't want to sell to anyone for a long time. Rejected Sony numerous times over multiple gens. I think the move with MS was another step towards independence for them (by being the first IP they retained the rights to) but then I guess SO didn't do that well financially and they went back to Sony. I wonder what made them change their mind regarding finally being willing to sell though? Could've been the Spiderman IP or even just the owners wanting a big pay day and didn't care so much about being independent anymore.

With that said I don't think Sony gets enough credit for truly getting the best out of developers. Their management is top tier and there aren't many devs I can think of that left Sony and are now better off. Ninja Theory is a possibility but even then they've only had 1 hit with Hellblade and that is a fairly small scoped game. Meanwhile there is a many that really dropped without Sony as the publisher; Supermassive being one and I have a feeling Quantic Dream will go in the same direction. 

Regarding SO, I'm not so sure Sony does an SO2. Don't think the IP has much strength, especially relative to practically everything else Insomniac could do. Resistance would be a far bigger revival and also fill the FPS hole Sony has.