What does Microsoft 'Need' at E3?

At this point I feel like they can show as much Halo, Gears and even some exclusive Bethesda games as they want and the industry would just shrug and carrying on the same. 

I think the only thing that turn really disrupt the current state of the industry is if they did some crazy shit like made GTA6 exclusive but we all know that's not likely to happen.  

Edited by Cell
15 minutes ago, Cell said:

At this point I feel like they can show as much Halo, Gears and even some exclusive Bethesda games as they want and the industry would just shrug and carrying on the same. 

I think the only thing that turn really disrupt the current state of the industry is if they did some crazy shit like made GTA6 exclusive but we all know that's not likely to happen.  

Yes, the industry is going to just carry on the same for the time being.  No one announcement is going to change anything.

What MS needs is to start showing good AAA looking stuff, and hitting dates and having some semblance of schedule.  It's only after that, the industry will start to accept that they're changing wrt their games output.

And that's going to take years.

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1

They've undermined any enthusiasm for more announcements by not having release any games 7 months into the gen and after all the acquisitions hype

More announcements is just more fluff with no substance. 

And I think with regards to Bethesda people are still going to quite tentative on getting excited for it after Fallout 76

There are ways they can garner hype though. Working with Kojima, From Software. Maybe bringing Epic back to Gears or Bungie back to Halo. Devs with legit credentials, not the scrap heap devs they picked up before they went out of business

It will take years to rebuild some momentum.  Even if they have a good show how soon are hose games releasing? 

Real talk... MS should have been prepared for this gen. 

It's not like they were pumping out Banger after Banger for One X.   Their development pipeline should have been focused launching Series X with content in year 1.

Pathetic. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Like 1

halo to be completely overhauled

unveil fable (and make sure it's mind-blowing)

full transparency about what these 23 (or 26) studios are working on

skyrim sequel exclusive to gamepass

forza horizon 5 has to feel like a generation jump

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It will take years to rebuild some momentum.  Even if they have a good show how soon are hose games releasing? 

Real talk... MS should have been prepared for this gen. 

It's not like they were pumping out Banger after Banger for One X.   Their development pipeline should have been focused launching Series X with content in year 1.

Pathetic. 

Yep, this should have been the gen that they started executing on that vision... right from the first day... with Halo.

But we all know how that turned out.. and there other stuff isn't near ready yet... so again starting the generation off with no change of perception.

Just now, -GD-X said:

Halo wont be.  I'm sure it will look better... but it's not going to look like Horizon FW.

Fable should be awesome when it does get shown, but it wont be.

FH5 will look amazing, but the real next gen Forza, starts with Motorsport.

So I'm thinking for Xbox fans.. the show will be pretty good... but it's not going to move the needle.   E3 2022 with Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, Fable, some Bethesda shit.. will start to feel a bit different, I think.

Just now, Remij said:

Halo wont be.  I'm sure it will look better... but it's not going to look like Horizon FW.

Fable should be awesome when it does get shown, but it wont be.

FH5 will look amazing, but the real next gen Forza, starts with Motorsport.

So I'm thinking for Xbox fans.. the show will be pretty good... but it's not going to move the needle.   E3 2022 with Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, Fable, some Bethesda shit.. will start to feel a bit different, I think.

yeah, 2022 sounds more realistic. i just hope it isn't too late. we shall see. the ps4 took a while to get going, yet it did very well, in the end. so, anything can happen. 

edit: the ps3 didn't get good until 2008, 2 years after its release, with 2009 being its peak. so, anything is possible. 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yea but that's still only catering to the small Xbox base. 

Where are the mass market IPs?  They have enough studios now that they can make a few. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Yea but that's still only catering to the small Xbox base. 

Where are the mass market IPs?  They have enough studios now that they can make a few. 

true. i think the smartest move would be to make key franchises (like oblivion/doom/etc.) timed exclusive for a solid year on pc/xbox/x play. 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, 2022 sounds more realistic. i just hope it isn't too late. we shall see. the ps4 took a while to get going, yet it did very well, in the end. so, anything can happen. 

edit: the ps3 didn't get good until 2008, 2 years after its release, with 2009 being its peak. so, anything is possible. 

It's not too late.  MS is holding on by their services and putting "the customer at the center"..

They really can't go anywhere but up as far as their first party output is concerned really lol

Just now, Remij said:

It's not too late.  MS is holding on by their services and putting "the customer at the center"..

They really can't go anywhere but up as far as their first party output is concerned really lol

true. i spent $500 on the series x, so i'm rooting for them!

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

true. i spent $500 on the series x, so i'm rooting for them!

I don't think it's hit the cows just yet, how big missing out on Doom, The Elder Scrolls 6, and other Bethesda games is going to be.

They'll trying to downplay it for sure... of course.... but they'll be feeling like they're missing out :francis: 

Just now, Remij said:

I don't think it's hit the cows just yet, how big missing out on Doom, The Elder Scrolls 6, and other Bethesda games is going to be.

They'll trying to downplay it for sure... of course.... but they'll be feeling like they're missing out :francis: 

yeah, if MS is smart, they'll make them time exclusive for MS services/devices. 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

i said this in a previous thread, and its worth repeating here.

Sony has launched four new open-world IPs within the past 4 years.

Horizon

Spider-man

Days Gone (which Sony has told them to replace the setting for their next project)

Ghost of Tsushima.

Four open worlds. All New. All of them with sequels being developed. All of them will be releasing on a dependable schedule one right after another.

And you are waiting on how fast Todd Howard can finish a gametodd-howard.jpg?1579212385

.............and you're hoping that his games don't look and feel like the same Gamebryo shit that is outdated.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i said this in a previous thread, and its worth repeating here.

Sony has launched four new open-world IPs within the past 4 years.

Horizon

Spider-man

Days Gone (which Sony has told them to replace the setting for their next project)

Ghost of Tsushima.

Four open worlds. All New. All of them with sequels being developed. All of them will be releasing on a dependable schedule one right after another.

And you are waiting on how fast Todd Howard can finish a gametodd-howard.jpg?1579212385

.............and you're hoping that his games don't look and feel like the same Gamebryo shit that is outdated.

All I said.. was that when those games release... and they are exclusive to Xbox/PC.... cows will feel left out.

That's it...

and you typed all that butthurt :hest: 

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

All I said.. was that when those games release... and they are exclusive to Xbox/PC.... cows will feel left out.

That's it...

and you typed all that butthurt :hest: 

No, its not butthurt. It's directly addressing your claim.

How are they feeling left out when they have replacement open-world IPs in place?

You do realize that Doom Eternal was not well-received, right?

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its not butthurt. It's directly addressing your claim.

How are they feeling left out when they have replacement open-world IPs in place?

You do realize that Doom Eternal was not well-received, right?

Well it's simple.  Those games don't replace games that they are used to having on their platform.  Spider-man isn't a replacement for Elder Scrolls dude :drake: 

LOL

And Doom Eternal did just fine.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Well it's simple.  Those games don't replace games that they are used to having on their platform.  Spider-man isn't a replacement for Elder Scrolls dude :drake: 

LOL

And Doom Eternal did just fine.

No, people are quite disappointed with Doom Eternal, just recently I've seen neogaf threads of people trying it for their first-time and they're shocked how that new gameplay gets old quick, and then its flooded with other people who already played the game confirm that the way they forced the gameplay is a real step down from the 2016 game.

And Elder Scrolls is getting dated.............you're wishing that bethesda is still going to capture what they had in 2011, 10 years ago. (and Elder Scrolls 6 isn't coming out anytime soon, so it will be 12 or 13 or even 14 years since Skyrim)

We already have open-world IPs that are scratching that Elder Scrolls itch. Valheim for example.

And this is assuming that Sony doesn't expand their portfolio even more.

Elder Scrolls is not doing anything special anymore. In fact, if CDPR wasn't making Cyberpunk 2077 and they went from Witcher 3 in 2015 to a Witcher 4 in 2020, they would've smoked the shit out of Bethesda by now.