Elden Ring thread

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open world Souls with horses is 100% what it looks like  Which is fine I guess, just had to adjust my expectations. They just did Sekiro anyway which was a massive change to setting and gameplay so no

Looks fucking amazing. Haven't watched the trailer yet. Day one confirmed.

Holy shit, just watched the trailer. Not sure how can someone not be excited for this and defend Demon's Souls remake at the same time. Have you seen the scale of some of them bosses? Tower Knight fro

Im still curious about the game's structure. Is the open world basically just going to be a glorified HUB area with entrances to closed off 'dungeons' that will mimic your typical Souls environment? Or will they be integrated into and apart of the open world itself, with more open ended gameplay as to how you approach and complete them?

They need to release more info on this game.

Trailer was decent enough, but I don't know, maybe I expected more of a deviation given the hype of 'a new world'. This literally could've just been Dark Souls 4. I was hoping for more of a Sekiro like departure in setting. Graphiaclly was hoping for more too but I guess concessions have to be made when going open world.

I have zero doubt the game will be amazing though.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Trailer was decent enough, but I don't know, maybe I expected more of a deviation given the hype of 'a new world'. This literally could've just been Dark Souls 4. I was hoping for more of a Sekiro like departure in setting. Graphiaclly was hoping for more too but I guess concessions have to be made when going open world.

I have zero doubt the game will be amazing though.

I think that's completely fair. 

I wont lie.. I was also expecting something a bit more different.  This does literally look like DS4...

But we don't know the gameplay hook this one will have just yet.  Maybe it makes the game feel different overall.. but I kinda doubt it.  It looks like Souls with horses :D 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I think that's completely fair. 

I wont lie.. I was also expecting something a bit more different.  This does literally look like DS4...

But we don't know the gameplay hook this one will have just yet.  Maybe it makes the game feel different overall.. but I kinda doubt it.  It looks like Souls with horses :D 

Open world Souls with horses is 100% what it looks like :biggrin: Which is fine I guess, just had to adjust my expectations. They just did Sekiro anyway which was a massive change to setting and gameplay so no problem going to something more familiar. 

I have no doubt the gameplay hook is gonna be amazing. The open world structure itself could be a big enough change to make it feel vastly different too. 

• Upvote 1

Holy shit, just watched the trailer. Not sure how can someone not be excited for this and defend Demon's Souls remake at the same time. Have you seen the scale of some of them bosses? Tower Knight from DeSo looks tiny in comparison. If the open world has just as good of a level design and attention to details than previous Souls games then it's going to be one of the best open world game ever made.

Graphically it looks amazing too, not sure what you people are smoking but it must be good stuff.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Holy shit, just watched the trailer. Not sure how can someone not be excited for this and defend Demon's Souls remake at the same time. Have you seen the scale of some of them bosses? Tower Knight from DeSo looks tiny in comparison. If the open world has just as good of a level design and attention to details than previous Souls games then it's going to be one of the best open world game ever made.

Graphically it looks amazing too, not sure what you people are smoking but it must be good stuff.

I know right.  It looks fucking AWESOME.  This is going to be the culmination of everything they've learned over the past 2 generations and going to be the biggest most cohesive world they've ever created.

Elden Ring Will Have Dynamic Weather
Snuck into a press release, Elden Ring will also have a "natural weather and time-or-day progression." While night and day (and various moon cycles) have featured in FromSoft games in the past, they have always been marked by specific encounters or instances. In Bloodborne, for example, a changing of the moon cycle was permanent, but in Elden Ring, it appears night and day, and even specific weather conditions can come and go dynamically.

That's something I had no idea about.  Fuck that's going to be awesome.  Imagine if certain enemies only appear during at certain times, making it harder to explore areas at different times of day.. Or if access to certain places only becomes available at certain times.  It could almost remind me of World Tendency in Demon's Souls.. 

And dynamic weather too?  Fuck yea.

This is gonna be amazing.  I just hope to god they can stick that Jan 21, 2022 release date.  PLEASEEEEE hit that date.

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Day and night cycles have been standard in open world games for like 10-15 years now :ben: 

They haven't been standard in From Software games though :reg: 

:blessed: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

:drake: 

What looks different? An open world where you fight monsters. I bet it even has the same big boss in the center you can get into a the very beginning of the game if you’re skilled enough. 

Edited by ghostz life matters
3 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

What looks different? An open world where you fight monsters. I bet it even has the same big boss in the center you can get into a the very beginning of the game if you’re skilled enough. 

Pretty much everything looks different.

It's funny you hear "open world" and you see a horse riding mechanic... and you think every game is ripping off BOTW.. :roll: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Pretty much everything looks different.

It's funny you hear "open world" and you see a horse riding mechanic... and you think every game is ripping off BOTW.. :roll: 

if it has what I said then it is obviously pulling heavily from botw. Not a bad thing, btw. 

Edited by ghostz life matters