Nobody is really talking about Deviation Games (group of ex-COD devs along with many other industry vets).. and their partnership with Sony

These guys have some pretty good credentials.  Sony's first party/second party game portfolio is sorely lacking a quality MP shooter.  This could be the team that puts the feather in that cap.

Seems like the studio is in it with the intent to become Sony first party.. so if they nail it, I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

Sony has a history of SOCOM and MAG.

Maybe they might try that again in the future.

However, as long as they have a marketing deal with Activision and their Call of Duty franchise, I don't think Sony is going to mess up a good relationship.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ehh their announcement was basically 'hey we exist'. Its hard to get excited without seeing or knowing anything about what they're working on.

True.  But I'm just saying this partnership seems to me like Sony's pushing to get a quality MP shooter out there.

8 hours ago, Remij said:

True.  But I'm just saying this partnership seems to me like Sony's pushing to get a quality MP shooter out there.

They had Zipper but decided to shut them down instead of giving them the resources they need to make great MP games. MAG had so much potential, and imagine a version of it that made use of the extra power and features of the PS5.