So hermits, how long before you guys get a game as good looking as R&C Rift Apart?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't give a shit what DF says. It's nice that the few noteworthy PC exclusives can look nice on the Bat Computer and on a good day they can get a marginally better looking soppy seconds console por

We are   Meanwhile PC has so little to play that all you do is port beg PS5 games  

Best on PS5 

Posted Images

In terms of tech, I’d say that flight simulator pc title is king, but in terms of tech and artsy, r&c is on a different level. I’m 8 hours in...and I’ve seen some shit that has blown my mind. 

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Forza Horizon 5 :cosby2: 

And we also have MS Flight Sim which frankly looks better than anything else as far as realism goes.

Ratchet looks very nice... but LOL cows get like this at the start of every generation :hehe: 

LMAO last gen ass game developed with Xbox One S in mind looks better than Ratchet

Do you believe your own nonsense

46 minutes ago, Remij said:

Forza Horizon 5 :cosby2: 

And we also have MS Flight Sim which frankly looks better than anything else as far as realism goes.

Ratchet looks very nice... but LOL cows get like this at the start of every generation :hehe: 

Lol no. Both those games will look good but they don’t compare to ratchet as a whole.

46 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

In terms of tech, I’d say that flight simulator pc title is king, but in terms of tech and artsy, r&c is on a different level. I’m 8 hours in...and I’ve seen some shit that has blown my mind. 

flight simulator is so inconsistent. Anytime you get close to the ground it straight up transforms into a 2001 game with early 3D terrain textures and geometry.

Just now, Twinblade said:

flight simulator is so inconsistent. Anytime you get close to the ground it straight up transforms into a 2001 game with early 3D terrain textures and geometry.

O damn. Yikes. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It's just... you know... a model of the entire world..

They are going through and improving everything, now that they have the base there.

And once you realize that the way the terrain isn't hand crafted like a level in Ratchet is... but rather using actual systems which drive it... it's much more technically impressive.

It's like GD said... artistically Ratchet is great.. but that's a completely different thing from being technically more impressive.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

They are going through and improving everything, now that they have the base there.

And once you realize that the way the terrain isn't hand crafted like a level in Ratchet is... but rather using actual systems which drive it... it's much more technically impressive.

It's like GD said... artistically Ratchet is great.. but that's a completely different thing from being technically more impressive.

How is random generation more impressive?

Yeah I’m purely talking about visuals here. In that regard ratchet is superior :mjpls:

So, that is the problem with PC, and Beggij's pathetic answers highlights what exactly the problem is.

There's no "next-gen" animation.

The only time a developer is going to do something special for high-end video cards on PC, its almost always:

• Textures
  • Lighting and Shadow

And that's it.

Quite frankly, Cyberpunk 2077 should have even better draw distance, NPC crowd size, and NPC and object LOD. They're not pushing it far enough for PC.

There is no PC-centric developer that is putting serious money and effort on things like facial motion-capture for every major character in a game. Or 3rd person gameplay with extensive animation.

There is an in-game cutscene about 2/3's of the way through Miles Morales that is just amazing in what they are animating. You could make that entire cutscene into basic cel-shading and remove RT reflections, detailed textures, lighting and shadow, and that cutscene would still be amazing.

But PC-centric developers are still just stacking more graphical effects on static objects.

Just now, jehurey said:

So, that is the problem with PC, and Beggij's pathetic answers highlights what exactly the problem is.

There's no "next-gen" animation.

The only time a developer is going to do something special for high-end video cards on PC, its almost always:

• Textures
  • Lighting and Shadow

And that's it.

Quite frankly, Cyberpunk 2077 should have even better draw distance, NPC crowd size, and NPC and object LOD. They're not pushing it far enough for PC.

There is no PC-centric developer that is putting serious money and effort on things like facial motion-capture for every major character in a game. Or 3rd person gameplay with extensive animation.

There is an in-game cutscene about 2/3's of the way through Miles Morales that is just amazing in what they are animating. You could make that entire cutscene into basic cel-shading and remove RT reflections, detailed textures, lighting and shadow, and that cutscene would still be amazing.

But PC-centric developers are still just stacking more graphical effects on static objects.

What a stupid post :hest: 

It's not random generation...  It's generating the terrain based off models and data...

Then they should have developed a generic looking but highly-detailed tree, or several different types of trees, and then randomly filled in the terrain with those.

Just now, jehurey said:

Then they should have developed a generic looking but highly-detailed tree, or several different types of trees, and then randomly filled in the terrain with those.

They have.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Visually one game looks real... the other looks artistic.

Well I mean... I hope a plane would look realistic compared to a talking squirrel and space Aliens... since you know talking squirrels and space aliens aren't realistic to begin with. 

The question was when will PC get a game that looks better than Ratchet. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

PC master Race....... yet Remij is struggling to find games on PC that look better than Ratchet :lawl:

LOL I posted one right in the first post...  wasn't a struggle at all.