So hermits, how long before you guys get a game as good looking as R&C Rift Apart?

Just now, Goukosan said:

Well I mean... I hope a plane would look realistic compared to a talking squirrel and space Aliens... since you know talking squirrels and space aliens aren't realistic to begin with. 

The question was when will PC get a game that looks better than Ratchet. 

Looks are subjective.  How can you be that dumb?

Maybe you should ask when I think PC will have a game about a marsupial that animates better than R&C? :drake: 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't give a shit what DF says. It's nice that the few noteworthy PC exclusives can look nice on the Bat Computer and on a good day they can get a marginally better looking soppy seconds console por

We are   Meanwhile PC has so little to play that all you do is port beg PS5 games  

Best on PS5 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its accurate.

Your own answers fit exactly with what I just said.

A car.

A plane

Static objects that have almost no animation.

Real-world objects which are easily comparable to the real thing. :drake: 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not random generation...  It's generating the terrain based off models and data...

It is random, they just reuse a bucket of assets to match map data

And it mostly comes out looking like shit

20210612_094857.thumb.jpg.73d04288b82781d983e109565fd3860b.jpg632338290_images-2021-06-12T094748_819.jpeg.70ca3e749fb2838df27079940cfb00fd.jpeg

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Real-world objects which are easily comparable to the real thing. :drake: 

And thus not remotely challenging or impressive, at all.

I mean, shit.........the developer could have potentially gotten the 3D car body panel files directly from the car manufacturer.:drake:

Its absolutely laughable that you are trying to act like you're blown away as seeing an Audi A3 being drawn again.

Like I said.............its just adding more reflections/lighting/shadowing on top of the car model, at this point.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

MS Flight sim was originally created for PC.

And same with FH5. LOL

Those aren't ports. :drake: 

LOL, he's now claiming that FH5 was originally created for the PC.:lawl:

Yeah and MS Flight sim is nothing but static objects, hell do large airplane wings have any slight bending to them when performing hard flying maneuvers, like they would in real life?

Or is it just a static object?

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Looks are subjective.  How can you be that dumb?

Maybe you should ask when I think PC will have a game about a marsupial that animates better than R&C? :drake: 

The question was already asked and your answer was flight simulator looks more realistic.

That right there was your admission that RC looks better because no one claimed a game about talking Aliens looks realistic. 

Ratchet looks as good as and better than some High Budget Animated movies and it looks better than any game currently on PC. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

The question was already asked and your answer was flight simulator looks more realistic.

That right there was your admission that RC looks better because no one claimed a game about talking Aliens looks realistic. 

Ratchet looks as good as and better than some High Budget Animated movies and it looks better than any game currently on PC. 

It does not look as good as high budget animated movies ffs :Jeff:

Man, cows (and most recently the sheep) get like this every time :D 

Just now, Remij said:

^holy a thread made to troll me and it's the sheep who are losing their shit :cruise: 

Games that drop to 1296p aren't the most impressive.. no matter how animated the rat is :rofl: 

He's getting mad because he knows he can't give us a good example.

He's getting knocked around, hard, in a graphics thread.:lawl:

I wouldn't be complaining about resolution, if I were you, considering your old video card.:drake:

Just now, jehurey said:

He's getting mad because he knows he can't give us a good example.

He's getting knocked around, hard, in a graphics thread.:lawl:

I wouldn't be complaining about resolution, if I were you, considering your old video card.:drake:

I already gave you an example of a game that looks better :hest: 

And I can definitely complain about that resolution.. because even my old GPU is more powerful than the PS5 :tom: 

But the more hilarious thing is that in your own opinion, you spent $1500 just recently to play games that look worse than your PS5... :lawl: 

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

It is random, they just reuse a bucket of assets to match map data

And it mostly comes out looking like shit

20210612_094857.thumb.jpg.73d04288b82781d983e109565fd3860b.jpg632338290_images-2021-06-12T094748_819.jpeg.70ca3e749fb2838df27079940cfb00fd.jpeg

I wonder if Remij thinks MS painstakingly modeled the entire world for this game 🤣😂

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

It does not look as good as high budget animated movies ffs :Jeff:

Man, cows (and most recently the sheep) get like this every time :D 

It looks better than the Ratchet animated movie and better than any PC game:lebron:

Just now, Remij said:

I already gave you an example of a game that looks better :hest: 

No it doesn't.

The environment doesn't look better. Its reflecting LESS, the objects are static.

Objectively, it does not look better.

The vehicles in Ratchet & Clank are better looking in design to the boring objects in Flight Simulator.

And you are literally imagining a Forza Horizon 5 that nobody has seen, yet.

So, out of your two examples, one of them literally doesn't even exist or has been seen yet.:lawl:

Holy shit, are you getting slapped around hard in this thread. Pray to your god: nVidia's DLSS algorithm.:drake:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I wonder if Remij thinks MS painstakingly modeled the entire world for this game 🤣😂

Remember when Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital took alot of heat because they scanned in Hot Wheels toys to put into GT4, and you could see the flat undersides of the car models.

Microsoft used shitty Bing maps data for an entire environment.