Resetera is pubicly shaming and attacking the Five Nights at Freddy's developer after discovering his republican donation history

https://www.resetera.com/threads/scott-cawthon-creator-of-the-five-nights-at-freddys-series-has-apparently-been-donating-to-mitch-mcconnell-and-trump-in-the-past-confirmed.440122/

I can't believe how far we've fallen as a society that we're now boycotting creators simply because of the party they donate to. They're literally going after him with pitchforks and calling him a racist and being anti-LGBTQ based on nothing but him having right-leaning beliefs

And check out some of the posts in that thread they're banning people for. That forum is insane

image.thumb.png.95868826f29d62ac0a9b594ea763951b.png

image.thumb.png.03e258306443e6d7f2bf298668f58095.png

image.thumb.png.e0c0ba761a7b709008eae02fcaccc554.png

image.thumb.png.01e284c0883ad68d24d688642d58b2f1.png

image.thumb.png.3b01ad96c432849efb0884d568280e18.png

Perhaps it's time to divide America into left and right and make 2 countries. Obviously the left seems incapable of living with descenting voices. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Perhaps it's time to divide America into left and right and make 2 countries. Obviously the left seems incapable of living with descenting voices. 

Didn't the right just a few months ago threaten to hang Mike Pence for having a descenting voice? 

Didn't they also turn on Mich for speaking up against the insurrection? 

Didn't just oust Liz Chaney for her standing up against the election lies? 

aren't they actively threatening the families of any republican representatives who doesn't repeat the election lies? 

Yea that's the party of tolerance and acceptance of descenting voices alright :tom5:

Edited by Goukosan
33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Didn't the right just a few months ago threaten to hang Mike Pence for having a descenting voice? 

aren't they actively threatening the families of any republican representatives who doesn't repeat the election lies? 

Yea that's the party of tolerance and acceptance of descenting voices alright :tom5:

is that all the examples you can come up with? I could post 1000x more on the left. 

48 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There is no comparison dude. The left are actively going after people who have been completely SILENT about their political views, and have not involved themselves in any political discourse whatsoever. They've made it their agenda to seek out and bully people and are now including game developers as their targets even when all they're doing is making games and tuning out everything else thats going on in the world.

Jim Sterling literally just put out a video titled 'Why The Five Nights at Freddy's Guy Sucks', despite knowing nothing about the guy outside of what the internet is now saying about him.

These are the definitions of hate and divisiveness, and its all coming from the left.

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

is that all the examples you can come up with? I could post 1000x more on the left. 

I mean the insurrection itself was the right wing not accepting that they lost an election and stormed the Capitol.  They couldn't even accept the fact that people voted differently than them. 

The party of acceptance of different views right there :tom5:

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

There is no comparison dude. The left are actively going after people who have been completely SILENT about their political views, and have not involved themselves in any political discourse whatsoever. They've made it their agenda to seek out and bully people and are now including game developers as their targets even when all they're doing is making games and tuning out everything else thats going on in the world.

Jim Sterling literally just put out a video titled 'Why The Five Nights at Freddy's Guy Sucks', despite knowing nothing about the guy outside of what the internet is now saying about him.

These are the definitions of hate and divisiveness, and its all coming from the left.

There's no comparison of storming the government killing capitol police, plating bombs in the US Capitol, threatening to kill senators and threatening to hang the vice president of the United states because people voted differently than you and you simply couldn't accept defeat.   The party of love and acceptance right there 🤗

Edited by Goukosan
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There's no comparison of storming the government killing capitol police, plating bombs in the US Capitol, threatening to kill senators and threatening to hang the vice president of the United states because people voted differently than you and you simply couldn't accept defeat.   The party of love and acceptance right there 🤗

wow how out of touch are you? The officer did NOT die from anything that happened at the capitol....look it up. The fact that you are this misinformed means this argument really isn’t worthy continuing.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

wow how out of touch are you? The officer did NOT die from anything that happened at the capitol....look it up. The fact that you are this misinformed means this argument really isn’t worthy continuing.

So they weren't beating capitol officers with batons, crushing them in the doors, beating them with fire extinguishers etc... he just coincidentally had a stroke in the days after being beaten and stomped out by a mob....they loved and hugged him to death, how caring of them... blue Lives Matter so much that they sent tons of the officers to the Hospital post attack.....  and they were happy and boasting about what they did too...you must be so proud :juggle:

The Insurrectionist didn't attack anyone, they didn't attack the Capitol, they didn't storm congress... that never happened all because people voted differently... peace and love 😍 

Edited by Goukosan

^your sarcasm isn't working. At most there were 100-200 people that breached the capitol and broke the law. And like I already mentioned, do your research because the cop did not die from any injuries he may have received at the capitol

Anyway, the creator of the games had a pretty good response and im glad he didn't try to apologize. Insane that thousands of alt left extremists (many more than the republicans who broke the law at the capitol) threatened him and his family online just because his views differed.

This message isn't specifically directly at the Freddit community; this is just the community that I care about the most and where I choose to post these things. I never cared much for Twitter anyway.

To say that the last few days have been surreal would be an understatement. I've debated greatly how best to address this, including not addressing it at all, but with so many people from the LGBT community in the fanbase that I love, that's not an option. I'd like to think that the last seven years would have given me the benefit of the doubt in regards to how I try to treat people, but there I was, trending on twitter for being a homophobe, getting doxed, with people threatening to come to my house. My wife is six weeks pregnant and she spent last night in fear because of what was being said online. She has already been struggling with her pregnancy so seeing her so afraid really scared me. All this because I exercised my right, and my duty, as an American citizen, to vote for and support the candidates who I felt could best run the country, for everyone, and that's something that I won't apologize for.

For those who took the time to look, you saw that the candidates I supported included men, women, white people, black people, republicans, and democrats. I supported Kimberly Klacik in Baltimore because I believed that she really cared for the African American community there and wanted to pull them out of poverty. I believed she could have really make a difference in a time when so many black communities were struggling. She lost, unfortunately. I supported Tulsi Gabbard, a democrat, even though I disagreed with her on several issues, because I felt she would have been a good and fair president. And yes, I supported President Trump, because I felt he was the best man to fuel a strong economy and stand up to America's enemies abroad, of which there are many. Even if there were candidates who had better things to say to the LGBT community directly, and bigger promises to make, I believed that their stances on other issues would have ended up doing much greater harm to those communities than good. All of this explanation, I fear, is wasted, as people don't want to discuss with one another anymore; they want endless apologies and submission. People who are expecting those from me will get neither.

I've always been supportive of creators, and have tried to treat everyone fairly, and treat everyone with dignity and respect. I've never cared about anyone's race, religion, gender, or orientation. I just treat people as people, everyone the same, and because of that, I've ended up with a very diverse group of people that I've worked with over the years. It wasn't intentional. It just happened that way. I choose people who are best for the job; I treat everyone the same, and I ended up with people from all walks of life in my professional life and my personal life as well. That's the way it should be. That's the way I want it to be. That's the way I will continue to be.

I'm a republican. I'm a Christian. I'm pro-life. I believe in God. I also believe in equality, and in science, and in common sense. Despite what some may say, all of those things can go together. That's not an apology or promise to change, it's the way it's always been.

If I get cancelled, then I get cancelled. I don't do this for the money anymore; I do it because I enjoy it. If people think I'm doing more harm than good now, then maybe it's better that I get cancelled and retire. I would accept that. I've had a fulfilling career. Besides, most things that people can take from you are things that never had much value to begin with.

I have always loved, and will continue to love, this community and this fanbase, even if someday it doesn't include me anymore.

The loony left is the biggest threat to this country and our democracy.

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

republicans broke the law at the capitol and attempted to stop the democratic process (certification of the election) all. because they couldn't accept that people voted differently than them. 

The loony left is the biggest threat to this country and our democracy.

Apparently Twitter posts by civilians are more a threat to our democracy than actual threats to our democracy (insurrection) :lebron:

Edited by Goukosan

Looks like he caved and is officially retiring.

https://www.ign.com/articles/five-nights-at-freddys-creator-retires-scott-cawthon-political-controversy

The cancel crowd takes out yet another person who was actually a big supporter of the LGBTQ community just because he donated to a few republicans. How can we have any sense of normalcy in this country when the far left has such profound hate for HALF of all its citizens?