Forza Horizon 5 is only 4K/30 on XsX (1080p/30 on XsS), and sub-4K to get 60fps, and has no ray-tracing during gameplay. Only vista mode.

"You can also expect powerful, all-new graphical features like HDR captures of the vibrant Mexican sky, sweeping vistas, and an unparalleled attention to detail. Available in 4K 30 FPS on the Xbox Series X (1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S) with an optional 60 FPS performance mode, and ray tracing added to cars in Forzavista, you will be immersed in the open world of Horizon like never before."

Looks like Ray Tracing is only in the Forza Vista mode, not during gameplay also.

:reg:

Edited by jehurey
  • jehurey changed the title to Forza Horizon 5 is only 4K/30 on XsX (1080p/30 on XsS), and sub-4K to get 60fps, and has no ray-tracing during gameplay. Only vista mode.

must be teh tools :feelsbadman:

But @Remij told me the 4K 60fps with Ray Tracing "in engine" footage from the Series X reveal was representative of actual gameplay..... now turns out it's just 30fps with no ray tracing 😭

Edited by Goukosan
  • dead 2

But I was told the Series X was the only console with RDNA2 and that all of MS' first party games would hit 60fps minimum lol.

Lems were too busy examining PS5 and checking for 60fps and RT they forgot to check their own games.

So basically this won't have raytracing at all in gameplay and will be capped 4K30 on XSX but they tried to clown GT Sport for having RT and 4K60 in gameplay last year? The irony  :sabu:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

must be teh tools :feelsbadman:

But @Remij told me the 4K 60fps with Ray Tracing "in engine" footage from the Series X reveal was representative of actual gameplay..... now turns out it's just 30fps with no ray tracing 😭

No, I never said that.  This is FH5... on the last gen engine.  That was Forza Motorsport... on their next gen engine.  And it was 4K 30 fps footage....

And it IS absolutely representative of what gameplay will be.  

I don't see how you can look at FH5 and think anything different. :mj: 

32 minutes ago, Remij said:

No, I never said that.  This is FH5... on the last gen engine.  That was Forza Motorsport... on their next gen engine.  And it was 4K 30 fps footage....

Correction it was 4K 24 FPS footage :mickey:

29 minutes ago, Remij said:

why would a last-gen engine without ray-tracing be more taxing on this hardware than a "next-gen" engine WITH ray-tracing?

If a last-gen engine, the Xbox's 12 TFLOPS should just be able to brute force this into 4K 60, right?

So, you are saying same engine as.........Forza Horizon 4?

Well, Digital Foundry looked at FH4 and its patch for Xbox Series X, and they had this to say:

With this new patch, Forza Horizon no longer has multiple performance modes to choose from. In theory, it should no longer need them. Xbox Series X has twice the GPU power of Xbox One X, so it stands to reason that One X's 4K30 quality mode should transition to 4K60 on the new X

So that game runs at 4K 60?

So what gives?

6 hours ago, Remij said:

The devs said it was built from the ground up using the series s/x systems. 

Also, I still think it has a next gen look. Gears 5 hivebusters doesn’t have ray tracing, yet it looks amazing on the series X. This smokes it! Ray tracing is nice, but there are many ray traced games that look like ass (cyberpunk looks meh). 

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

The devs said it was built from the ground up using the series s/x systems. 

That doesn't change what I said at all.  You can build a game from the ground up for Series X using a last gen engine... 

Look at Sony and Horizon FB :reg: 

"Built from the ground up" means more foliage, higher quality settings... better models.. better lighting.

That doesn't mean "next gen foliage, next gen models, next gen lighting"...

You see what I mean? 

Just now, Remij said:

That doesn't change what I said at all.  You can build a game from the ground up for Series X using a last gen engine... 

Look at Sony and Horizon FB :reg: 

"Built from the ground up" means more foliage, higher quality settings... better models.. better lighting.

That doesn't mean "next gen foliage, next gen models, next gen lighting"...

You see what I mean? 

no doubt, but all of these engines are just modified versions of previous engines, though...like how fh 5 is. i doubt fh 6 will be a huge jump over it. fh 2 looked amazing, yet was also on the 360. 3 wasn't a massive improvement over it (just a better optimized engine). 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

no doubt, but all of these engines are just modified versions of previous engines, though...like how fh 5 is. i doubt fh 6 will be a huge jump over it. fh 2 looked amazing, yet was also on the 360. 3 wasn't a massive improvement over it (just a better optimized engine). 

I respectfully disagree.  I think there's lots that a new engine could improve.

Anyway, my point is:

The game may be built from the ground up for the Series X, but the engine isn't.  Not yet.  That's what Turn 10 is doing.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I respectfully disagree.  I think there's lots that a new engine could improve.

Anyway, my point is:

The game may be built from the ground up for the Series X, but the engine isn't.  Not yet.  That's what Turn 10 is doing.

you missed the point, but ok. 

8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

you missed the point, but ok. 

I really didn't.  You're trying to talk about how despite the engine being improved you don't expect the visuals to improve drastically.

I get that.

But you responded to me, about something I said to Goukosan.  He said:

"But @Remij told me the 4K 60fps with Ray Tracing "in engine" footage from the Series X reveal was representative of actual gameplay..... now turns out it's just 30fps with no ray tracing 😭"

And my response is that this engine and that engine aren't the same thing... so whatever he's trying to own me with regarding this game.. isn't applicable to that one.  Forza Horizon was ALWAYS a 30fps game on console... and yet Motorsport was 60fps... right?

So... I'm saying FM will be 60fps... will have RT... and will be on a different engine. (and it will look better too :fblike: )

Edited by Remij

Just now, Remij said:

I really didn't.  You're trying to talk about how despite the engine being improved you don't expect the visuals to improve drastically.

I get that.

But you responded to me, about something I said to Goukosan.  He said:

"But @Remij told me the 4K 60fps with Ray Tracing "in engine" footage from the Series X reveal was representative of actual gameplay..... now turns out it's just 30fps with no ray tracing 😭"

And my response is that this engine and that engine aren't the same thing... so whatever he's trying to own me with regarding this game.. isn't applicable to that one.  Forza Horizon was ALWAYS a 30fps game on console... and yet Motorsport was 60fps... right?

So... I'm saying FM will be 60fps... will have RT... and will be on a different engine. (and it will look better too :fblike: )

"The 59-second teaser solely featured "in-engine" footage, pitched as a proof of concept during "early development." It focused on improvements to the underlying ForzaTech engine rather than all-new Forza gameplay."

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-motorsport-8

it's using the same engine lol. and i said the visuals will improve as it gets better optimized over time. keep up.