Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart pretty much shits on any other game this gen visually

GOD DAMN THE VISUALS BREHS :deadronda:

This game has no business looking as good as it does. :blessed:

It's literally the first time in the past few gens that i can remember where I actually stopped and started looking around to take in the scenary and admire the technical wizardry on display. I'm several hours into it and Insomniac has moved to my list of developers that you can always count on to deliver games that are ridiculously fun and addicting to play while delivering cutting edge tech every single time.

SPIDER-MAN 2 when announced is going to be my most wanted game easily :lawd:

• aitch 3

Yeah, I'm really interested on how they use the SSD with Spiderman 2.

I hope they use it to do a believable highly-traffic NYC with tons of cars gridlocked and people everywhere, and also increase the draw distance where they have low-poly versions of tons of objects from far away. You see people walking through offices in buildings, having meetings, sitting in their office.  And it loads it all super fast.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I hope they use it to do a believable highly-traffic NYC with tons of cars gridlocked and people everywhere, and also increase the draw distance where they have low-poly versions of tons of objects from far away. You see people walking through offices in buildings, having meetings, sitting in their office.  And it loads it all super fast.

The possibilities are endless. Already we even got just a small taste of what Insomniac can do when they had a huge open world in Miles Morales and all fast-travel points in the world were instantaneous and almost seamless :lawd:

I will say I find the dimension switching kind of underwhelming. During the intro Ratchet gets pulled into multiple dimensions one after the other which was cool but they don't use that mechanic in that same way during the remainder of the game.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

3 hours ago, Delita said:

The possibilities are endless. Already we even got just a small taste of what Insomniac can do when they had a huge open world in Miles Morales and all fast-travel points in the world were instantaneous and almost seamless :lawd:

lmao

The possibilities are not endless, what insomniac did with R&C was load new worlds faster. That's about where the possibilities end. The SSD can't produce more polygons on the screen or increase crowd density or any of that shit. That's CPU and GPU. It can preload new environments faster. 

These dudes talking about SSDs like the lemmings with the power of the cloud :D

Edited by Vini
22 minutes ago, Vini said:

lmao

The possibilities are not endless, what insomniac did with R&C was load new worlds faster. That's about where the possibilities end. The SSD can't produce more polygons on the screen or increase crowd density or any of that shit. That's CPU and GPU. It can preload new environments faster. 

These dudes talking about SSDs like the lemmings with the power of the cloud :D

So you basically can't imagine how it would work, is what you are telling us.

Yes, it could load more crowd density, because it can immediately remove the crowd behind the camera to save on processing power.

And if you ever turn around, even SUPER fast, it would be able to load it back up instantly (while removing the crowd that is behind you in the other direction to save on processing power).

hell, it could probably do that with the buildings in the city.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I will say I find the dimension switching kind of underwhelming. During the intro Ratchet gets pulled into multiple dimensions one after the other which was cool but they don't use that mechanic in that same way during the remainder of the game.

It’s cool, but it takes back seat to the insane visuals and fun campaign. It’s a neat gimmick, but it’s basically that - a gimmick. Fortunately, the game itself is awesome! 

12 minutes ago, Casual said:

nice, sounds perfect. might pick it up this week. 

It’s a fun thrill ride! I have no clue how the side stuff is, but you’ll have a blast with the campaign! 

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

So you basically can't imagine how it would work, is what you are telling us.

Yes, it could load more crowd density, because it can immediately remove the crowd behind the camera to save on processing power.

And if you ever turn around, even SUPER fast, it would be able to load it back up instantly (while removing the crowd that is behind you in the other direction to save on processing power).

hell, it could probably do that with the buildings in the city.

I don't think you understand how texture streaming works the limitation is not the hard drive speed

14 hours ago, jehurey said:

That sounds like a nightmare. Just because they can do something, doesn't mean they should.