After the terrible Ubisoft conference, the pathetic PC Gamer Show, the laughable SquareEnix presentation, and the depressing Capcom stream... it's all up to Nintendo..

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Was literally just about to make a thread if any of those conferences are worth watching cause I haven't seen a thing but it sounds like you answered my question :biggrin:

Just terrible.  Definitely not worth watching.  Capcom and SquareEnix can go fuck themselves for even bothering this year :pavarotti: 

Ubisoft kinda tried... but it's just more of the same shit from them.  So, not worth watching at all.

People were hoping Nintendo would come through with a surprise or two.. but it sounds like it's just going to be more of what we've already known about.

Just now, Remij said:

Just terrible.  Definitely not worth watching.  Capcom and SquareEnix can go fuck themselves for even bothering this year :pavarotti: 

Ubisoft kinda tried... but it's just more of the same shit from them.  So, not worth watching at all.

People were hoping Nintendo would come through with a surprise or two.. but it sounds like it's just going to be more of what we've already known about.

Well that fucking sucks. 

Was there any reveal or trailer even worth looking up? I literally know nothing outside of what was at the xbox show and the summer game fest thing with Elden Ring.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

MS might actually end up having the best show this E3, which was not at all expected.

LOL Nintendo or Sony simply need to reveal one major AAA first-party title arriving before the end of 2021 to easily beat MS's E3 showing.

I mean technically, Sony may have done that already if they could nail down a proper date for horizon Forbidden West.  Rumor has it that they THINK they can barely get it done at the end of the year, but one small delay could push it back to the beginning of 2022.

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

MS might actually end up having the best show this E3, which was not at all expected.

I assumed that was a given this year, especially given they combined with Bethesda.

It's not like any of the individual publisher could match MS for overall content and without Sony there really is only Nintendo

Just now, madmaltese said:

Well that fucking sucks. 

Was there any reveal or trailer even worth looking up? I literally know nothing outside of what was at the xbox show and the summer game fest thing with Elden Ring.

I've got nothing off the top of my head.

Capcom just talked about Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2, The Great Ace Attorney (but nothing of substance) and..... announced that they are JUST STARTING to work on a Resident Evil Village DLC... lmfao

SquareEnix had that FF Origin action game which looks like trash made by Team Ninja.  If you want to hear some idiots say the word Chaos repeatedly in a game based around the first 7 minutes of Final Fantasy 1.... you could check that out for a laugh.

There's a FF 1-6 "Pixel remake" for Steam and Mobile, which are the first 6 games remade to be more like the originals on their respective systems and not like the trash that we got on Steam before.. so that's at least a plus for fans of those games.

There wasn't anything of note that I can recall that was actually good/interesting.

I liked MS' showcase, and I thought Geoff did the best with what he had to try to make it exciting... but... E3 just isn't and never will be the same :D 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I've got nothing off the top of my head.

Capcom just talked about Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2, The Great Ace Attorney (but nothing of substance) and..... announced that they are JUST STARTING to work on a Resident Evil Village DLC... lmfao

SquareEnix had that FF Origin action game which looks like trash made by Team Ninja.  If you want to hear some idiots say the word Chaos repeatedly in a game based around the first 7 minutes of Final Fantasy 1.... you could check that out for a laugh.

There's a FF 1-6 "Pixel remake" for Steam and Mobile, which are the first 6 games remade to be more like the originals on their respective systems and not like the trash that we got on Steam before.. so that's at least a plus for fans of those games.

There wasn't anything of note that I can recall that was actually good/interesting.

I liked MS' showcase, and I thought Geoff did the best with what he had to try to make it exciting... but... E3 just isn't and never will be the same :D 

Sounds like a bunch of trash and waste of time. 

E3 is most definitely dead. 

The individual publishers need to stop with their own shows, it thins out the content way too much. Was so much better when the major Square, Capcom, etc reveal were in the Sony and MS shows. But anyway, E3 was dead the second Sony left it. They were always the most likely to drop bombs and without them there isn't even the competition incentive from the others. I thought MS did well overall this year and liked the presentation of their show but nothing will ever be able to match the live stages unfortunately. For what it's worth I think Geoff could really pull of an amazing showcase if he was ever truly given big reveals by all. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Sounds like a bunch of trash and waste of time. 

E3 is most definitely dead. 

The individual publishers need to stop with their own shows, it thins out the content way too much. Was so much better when the major Square, Capcom, etc reveal were in the Sony and MS shows. But anyway, E3 was dead the second Sony left it. They were always the most likely to drop bombs and without them there isn't even the competition incentive from the others. I thought MS did well overall this year and liked the presentation of their show but nothing will ever be able to match the live stages unfortunately. For what it's worth I think Geoff could really pull of an amazing showcase if he was ever truly given big reveals by all. 

I think MS should just copy what Nintendo and Sony are doing and just make a Direct type show focused on a very small amount of games, and show a good chunk of gameplay for the main game of the direct.

I feel like the more they try to make a "week" out of E3 and have conferences with Ubisoft and Square and Capcom together... it's just going to reflect worse if the majority don't really put forth anything of real substance.  They should all just separate and do their own things when it makes sense for their development teams and cycles to show off something that's well prepared and concise.

I appreciate the effort... but it's very clear that E3 will NEVER again be a physical event... and if they even try that shit in the future, it's going to fail big time because no publishers are going to put the money forth to attend.  It's not worth it.  I'm sure the viewership of this years E3 will be really high too... further cementing that they can reach just as many people without having to go through all the trouble anymore.

It's done.

• Upvote 1