Shin Megami Tensei V gameplay

So is this a new strategy? Set the bar low with a sequel ( smt4) so that the next sequel that plays and looks exactly like a game 2 iterations ago I’s seen as a huge improvement? Literally nothing visually or gameplay looks new or unique and the character design looks like trash 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Delita said:

So is this a new strategy? Set the bar low with a sequel ( smt4) so that the next sequel that plays and looks exactly like a game 2 iterations ago I’s seen as a huge improvement? Literally nothing visually or gameplay looks new or unique and the character design looks like trash 

Nhoe8oB.png

:snoop:

Edited by Quad Damage
  • Haha 1

Im still underwhelmed. SMT4 had a whole cast of characters that you'd explore the world with. There were a bunch of towns and NPC settlements with their own vibe and background within the setting, this video confirmed that humans are gone so I guess the world is empty except for some demons here and there who spit out some non-sensical dialogue.

It just looks so dull and lifeless compared to 4.

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im still underwhelmed. SMT4 had a whole cast of characters that you'd explore the world with. There were a bunch of towns and NPC settlements with their own vibe and background within the setting, this video confirmed that humans are gone so I guess the world is empty except for some demons here and there who spit out some non-sensical dialogue.

It just looks so dull and lifeless compared to 4.

That’s literally SMT. The world has been destroyed and humanity is just about extinct with demonic monsters overrunning the world.

4 just used the lazy generic jrpg template while having absolutely no idea what the series is known for and what people loved. It’s like if Persona 6 is some fantasy medievel save the world action rpg with mountain villages :kaz: 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Delita said:

That’s literally SMT. The world has been destroyed and humanity is just about extinct with demonic monsters overrunning the world.

4 just used the lazy generic jrpg template while having absolutely no idea what the series is known for and what people loved. It’s like if Persona 6 is some fantasy medievel save the world action rpg with mountain villages :kaz: 

Yeah I guess so. Thats fine for the original fans of the series but I assumed this would be a followup to 4. They should have been more upfront in the marketing about the type of game they were making.

1 hour ago, Delita said:

Lol I agree. I was reading Twinblade comments and I was like, yeah it's a SMT game.

I mean there will be towns and NPCs. However, dungeon crawling, capturing/leveling up monsters and battles takes precedent in SMT. That's why Persona also exists, if you want a game that is more story, side content and characters focused but with similar battle system, it's the series for you. You want that old school hardcore shit, you play SMT.

I stopped playing Nocturne, btw. Shit, I forgot when the main character die the entire party dies too, so instant death spells like hama (?) can really ruin your fun.

CRTL-ALT-DEL -> Uninstall Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. Fuck this, lost hours of progress because I forgot to save.