Switch Pro isn't happening

I think there's too much smoke for there not to be something happening... but it's hard to say.

Does Nintendo have enough Switch stock ordered to last them until they're ready with the Switch 2, or do they create a Pro device to push the current gen out a bit further replacing the old Switch with the Pro model?

I'll admit that it reads like they're good with the current situation for now and are in no rush to bring a new device to market.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I think there's too much smoke for there not to be something happening... but it's hard to say.

Does Nintendo have enough Switch stock ordered to last them until they're ready with the Switch 2, or do they create a Pro device to push the current gen out a bit further replacing the old Switch with the Pro model?

I'll admit that it reads like they're good with the current situation for now and are in no rush to bring a new device to market.

Revision, nothing more.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea I agree too much smoke, similar with the series S.    There was too much smoke there and it turned out being True... but tge timing of the announcement was changed multiple times. 

The TX1 is no longer in production or its slated to be sunset sometime this year, so whatever stock pile they have will eventually be depleted.   So a Pro/revision or something is inevitable. 

They probably looked at the Data and saw that Switch is still outselling every other system.  So no need to announce the Pro so far in advance to kill all base Switch momentum.

Given their history with the timing of announcing revisions.... it will be announced very close to release. 

• 3 weeks later...

It might have been planned....but whats the point? 6 months after release you still cant buy a series x or PS5. Why release a new switch you cant buy. You probably wont even be able to buy the HIGHER priced revision.

On 2021-06-19 at 8:27 PM, DynamiteCop said:

Revision, nothing more.

You called it. 

So after this it doesn't really make sense that they'd announce a Switch Pro any time soon.  The "Pro" will likely not be a thing, and the next device they are working on is simply the full fledged Switch 2.

Damn, TSHBO :francis: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

You called it. 

So after this it doesn't really make sense that they'd announce a Switch Pro any time soon.  The "Pro" will likely not be a thing, and the next device they are working on is simply the full fledged Switch 2.

Damn, TSHBO :francis: 

It may not or it may.... They have this weird history of releasing a powerful revision at the tail end of a system's life cycle. 

DSi and New 3DS comes to mind.... both were almost to the end of those systems life cycle and before those they had multiple revisions of the DS and 3DS that were based off the original internals. 

So moral of the story is they will continue to March to the beat of their own drum. 

Edited by Goukosan