Top pre-ordered games after e3

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im guessing most people don't pre-order games from gamestop anymore, because that list is hard to believe. BOTW2, Elder Ring, and BF2042 were the most popular games at E3 and none of them are on there.

yeah, GS sucks. amazon or digital for me. 

• Like 1

Not too surprising IMO.

You could already pre-order Halo for a long time now... and most of Halo's sales will be digital anyway, and likely from other stores... as well as GamePass obviously.  Also, the date wasn't 100% confirmed either, although today Phil Spencer confirmed they didn't announce a specific date because they want to space it out from both COD and Battlefield.. which makes sense.  Directly competing against those games at the same time doesn't help anyone.. as platform holder they make more money by not cannibalizing giant 3rd party games which are releasing on their platform.

I am kinda surprised in a way about Elden Ring though.  However, the majority of PS/Xbox game sales are digital now... and I'd imagine the vast majority of Switch gamers still prefer physical, to save on limited storage space, as well as for re-sale, and because you can never be 100% sure about forward compatibility with Nintendo.

It's still going to be Nintendomination at retail.  Like I said... it's INSANE the amount of money they are going to make off these weak ass ports :D 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Im guessing most people don't pre-order games from gamestop anymore, because that list is hard to believe. BOTW2, Elder Ring, and BF2042 were the most popular games at E3 and none of them are on there.

Those games are 2022 and don't have a firm release date. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Most tweeted about games during E3

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Most tweeted about games during E3

most talked about AKA most popular. Pre-orders should correlate to those figures, yet somehow Metroid Dread is the most pre-ordered game and none of those 5 made it into the top 10? Makes no logical sense.

53 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

most talked about AKA most popular. Pre-orders should correlate to those figures, yet somehow Metroid Dread is the most pre-ordered game and none of those 5 made it into the top 10? Makes no logical sense.

Pre orders generally increase when there is a firm release date genius

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

BF2042 releases in October.

That's one game from the list 

Just skimming through the Amazon best selling games list. 

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Those same games (Metroid Dread and Skyward Sword) from Gamestop lists show up before BF2042 :mjpls:

Edited by Goukosan
45 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's one game from the list 

Just skimming through the Amazon best selling games list. 

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Those same games (Metroid Dread and Skyward Sword) from Gamestop lists show up before BF2042 :mjpls:

Meh. I guess that proves that initial pre-orders aren't really that indicative of how much a game will sell. Realistically games like BF2042 will outsell Metroid Dread by a huge amount.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Meh. I guess that proves that initial pre-orders aren't really that indicative of how much a game will sell. Realistically games like BF2042 will outsell Metroid Dread by a huge amount.

Who said pre-orders dictate total sales? 

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

well your implication with this thread is that they’re gonna be big sellers because of the preorder numbers.

They all will be big sellers, but you will also have some games that will also sell huge numbers with having huge pre-orders. 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I’m hoping I fall back in love with halo. 

I've been replaying The Master Chief collection, and I'm falling in love with it all over again.  Finished CE, 2, and 3 a while back, then yesterday finished Reach and started Halo 4 today.  Already about 3/4 of the way through it.  Reach was awesome as usual, and Halo 4 has been great as well.  I think Halo 4 gets too much shit.  Halo 5, I can completely understand, but Halo 4 was a good game.

I think Halo Infinite will be what the series needs to have any chance to get back on track.  A good Master Chief focused story with big Halo CE esque environments to explore.  Some new abilities to make traversal and combat more dynamic as well.  I'm totally down for an open-world Halo, with multiple objectives and side-stories off the beaten path.

• Like 1
Just now, Remij said:

I've been replaying The Master Chief collection, and I'm falling in love with it all over again.  Finished CE, 2, and 3 a while back, then yesterday finished Reach and started Halo 4 today.  Already about 3/4 of the way through it.  Reach was awesome as usual, and Halo 4 has been great as well.  I think Halo 4 gets too much shit.  Halo 5, I can completely understand, but Halo 4 was a good game.

I think Halo Infinite will be what the series needs to have any chance to get back on track.  A good Master Chief focused story with big Halo CE esque environments to explore.  Some new abilities to make traversal and combat more dynamic as well.  I'm totally down for an open-world Halo, with multiple objectives and side-stories off the beaten path.

I loved halo 4. I never understood the hate. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I loved halo 4. I never understood the hate. 

Yea, me neither.

Anyway, when I look at Halo Infinite, I see a 343i that understands they fucked up by not focusing on the Chief and how the potentially fucked things up with Cortana.. and I see what they're attempting with Infinite as a way to rectify that.  I think they're focusing on all the right things.

Another thing that gives me confidence in Infinite, is MS' commitment to fixing The Master Chief collection.  Yes, they absolutely royally fucked it up on Xbox One, and it went unfixed for a LOONG time.  They definitely fucked up... but the amount of effort they've put into that game since it's announcement for PC, is quite staggering.  To me it shows that they want to restore the faith a lot of fans lost in them after that debacle.  Not only that.. but the way they've been developing and improving the MCC gives me confidence.  Being very transparent about their goals and taking in feedback from the community.  Halo Infinite has already been announced as a game that will develop and evolve over time with the input from the Halo community.  I've been in every flight except one and for every issue I raised, someone personally messaged me about it and often had a back and forth about it.

I've never been involved with a beta/alpha/test build ever before that has had that level of interaction with the community before.  It shows to me that they truly care about correcting things and having the franchise be the best it can be.