MS announced Windows 11 today, and yes, it's a free upgrade

-Free upgrade for Win 10 users

-Redesigned Store which also has a native Android app store.  Yes, you can now use Android apps on your PC.

-Better snapping management

-Widget for news and other interests

-Integrated Teams right into Windows itself (RIP Skype)

-Xbox App and Game Pass built right in

-DirectStorage integrated for fast loading, and improved CPU performance

-No release date given, but Windows Insiders will begin seeing a Win 11 build rollout starting next week.

I'm already using the build that was leaked, and have had absolutely no issues with it so far.  I noticed that the build they presented is obviously much further along with new stuff not included in the build I have currently.  I gotta say I really like it... BUT there's one thing I'm hoping they allow for in the official launch.. and that's the option to never have taskbar apps combine.  Other than that though, I really like it.

Oh, here's something people will get pissed about lmfao

With a high performance NVMe SSD and the proper drivers, Windows 11 can soon load new games faster than ever thanks to a breakthrough technology called DirectStorage, which we also pioneered as part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture featured in the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

With DirectStorage, which will only be available with Windows 11, games can quickly load assets to the graphics card without bogging down the CPU. This means you’ll get to experience incredibly detailed game worlds rendered at lightning speeds, without long load times. “DirectStorage Optimized” Windows 11 PCs are configured with the hardware and drivers needed to enable this amazing experience.

Uh oh... LOL

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Yes.. almost a year after consoles had it.  So like I said, consoles leading the way yet again :salute:

No.  It's not necessary on PC.

PC loads games faster than Series X in almost every instance. :geese: 

What PC will have... when DirectStorage comes to it... is the ability to go BEYOND what consoles can... because we already have hardware that smashes 3.5GB/s. :trump: 

So yea, consoles are holding back PC... not leading. :reg:  

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No.  It's not necessary on PC.

PC loads games faster than Series X in almost every instance. :geese: 

What PC will have... when DirectStorage comes to it... is the ability to go BEYOND what consoles can... because we already have hardware that smashes 3.5GB/s. :trump: 

So yea, consoles are holding back PC... not leading. :reg:  

"DirectStorage, which we also pioneered as part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture featured in the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S." 

Pioneered on Consoles, consoles leading the way yet again :salute:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"DirectStorage, which we also pioneered as part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture featured in the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S." 

Pioneered on Consoles, consoles leading the way yet again :salute:

:D 

ok ok

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes.. almost a year after consoles had it.  So like I said, consoles leading the way yet again :salute:

Say's the Sheep that play Xbox 360 looking games at sub 720p and still have to go through slow loading times. lmfao

PC gamers have been enjoying SSD fast loading times years before consoles and now you're gonna break their balls about a few seconds in difference? lmao, sit down.

Edited by Ramza
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Say's the Sheep that play Xbox 360 looking games at sub 720p and still have to go through slow loading times. lmfao

PC gamers have been enjoying SSD fast loading times years before consoles and now you're gonna break their balls about a few seconds in difference? lmao, sit down.

"Pioneered on Consoles"  those words triggered you I see :lawl:

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Oh, here's something people will get pissed about lmfao

Uh oh... LOL

Why are people such little bitches. If you play games on PC and are always keeping up with the latest technology and hardware advancements then theres no reason not to have the latest version of Windows as well. 

59 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Why are people such little bitches. If you play games on PC and are always keeping up with the latest technology and hardware advancements then theres no reason not to have the latest version of Windows as well. 

They're almost committing a form of false advertising.

They were literally talking about this upcoming feature a few months ago, so everybody understood it to be for the current iteration of Windows.

Yeah it may be a free upgrade, but chances are they are trying to make money the way Google and Facebook make money by intruding on your privacy and tracking everything you do.

Any mega software corporation that is giving you software for free............has found another way to make money from you using their software. And that usually means tracking and advertising.

Windows 10 probably made it a little too easy for opting out, and they're trying to "fix" that. Tracking you at the OS level. Wouldn't surprise me if we see Android or Third-Party Xbox game advertisements INSIDE the Start menu.