MS announced Windows 11 today, and yes, it's a free upgrade

On 2021-06-24 at 4:03 PM, Ike said:

Vista 2.0 :tom: 

I'd say that applies more to W8 or W10. Personally I'd take Vista over 8 or 10 anyday. This pile of shit 11 looks set to continue everything wrong with W10.

On 2021-06-24 at 4:11 PM, Goukosan said:

Windows 10 was great... don't see 11 pulling a Vista. 

The Office Lie GIF

Windows 10 was not great, windows 10 has never been great.

Windows 10 was loathed upon release. An utter pile of shit desperately trying to imitate mobile rushed out of the gate because 8 was being panned even harder. It had some changes to make it slightly less shit, but it's still a steaming pile of shit with no quality control. Don't be fooled by the global adoption. 7 was being phased out, 8 was dead, 10 was obviously here to stay whether people liked it or not, and when pushed with the end of support for 7 and a free upgrade to 10 people felt like they had no choice to upgrade.

Windows 10 is abysmal. It seems irrational to hate an OS and yet here we are.

On 2021-06-24 at 8:07 PM, jehurey said:

They're almost committing a form of false advertising.

They were literally talking about this upcoming feature a few months ago, so everybody understood it to be for the current iteration of Windows.

Yeah it may be a free upgrade, but chances are they are trying to make money the way Google and Facebook make money by intruding on your privacy and tracking everything you do.

Any mega software corporation that is giving you software for free............has found another way to make money from you using their software. And that usually means tracking and advertising.

Windows 10 probably made it a little too easy for opting out, and they're trying to "fix" that. Tracking you at the OS level. Wouldn't surprise me if we see Android or Third-Party Xbox game advertisements INSIDE the Start menu.

Because that's Microsoft in a nutshell, just imitate the leader. They spent years trying to imitate PlayStation, then WIi comes along and MS instantly changes course and tries to imitate the WIi. Well WIndows was once the de factor computer experience but now that title belongs to IOS and Android. So along comes Microsoft with an OS that has lots of invasive tracking, its shitty online services heavily tied in and pushed everywhere, an app store full of complete junk and only exists to push ads, and.......it's all centered around an advertising ID unique to your device. Hmm, sounds like mobile operating systems, especially Android. They even had the shitty voice assistant lmao

Of course Lemij left out the part about W11 making a Microsoft account on sign up mandatory for the Home version :reg: so yeah it's all about dat ad revenue.

On 2021-07-03 at 8:13 AM, TLHBO said:

I'd say that applies more to W8 or W10. Personally I'd take Vista over 8 or 10 anyday. This pile of shit 11 looks set to continue everything wrong with W10.

The Office Lie GIF

Windows 10 was not great, windows 10 has never been great.

Windows 10 was loathed upon release. An utter pile of shit desperately trying to imitate mobile rushed out of the gate because 8 was being panned even harder. It had some changes to make it slightly less shit, but it's still a steaming pile of shit with no quality control. Don't be fooled by the global adoption. 7 was being phased out, 8 was dead, 10 was obviously here to stay whether people liked it or not, and when pushed with the end of support for 7 and a free upgrade to 10 people felt like they had no choice to upgrade.

Windows 10 is abysmal. It seems irrational to hate an OS and yet here we are.

Because that's Microsoft in a nutshell, just imitate the leader. They spent years trying to imitate PlayStation, then WIi comes along and MS instantly changes course and tries to imitate the WIi. Well WIndows was once the de factor computer experience but now that title belongs to IOS and Android. So along comes Microsoft with an OS that has lots of invasive tracking, its shitty online services heavily tied in and pushed everywhere, an app store full of complete junk and only exists to push ads, and.......it's all centered around an advertising ID unique to your device. Hmm, sounds like mobile operating systems, especially Android. They even had the shitty voice assistant lmao

Of course Lemij left out the part about W11 making a Microsoft account on sign up mandatory for the Home version :reg: so yeah it's all about dat ad revenue.

I never had an issue with Windows 10 and I adopted it from day one. It really just feels like an extension of 7.  

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I never had an issue with Windows 10 and I adopted it from day one. It really just feels like an extension of 7.  

Lmfao

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard that. What is it with you lemkids? You don’t just suck xbox cock you gotta defend their shitty os too. What’s next, telling us how good onedrive and hotmail are?

Windows 10 is a disaster and if it wasnt for Microsoft’s monopoly this should would have sunk years ago.

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Lmfao

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard that. What is it with you lemkids? You don’t just suck xbox cock you gotta defend their shitty os too. What’s next, telling us how good onedrive and hotmail are?

Windows 10 is a disaster and if it wasnt for Microsoft’s monopoly this should would have sunk years ago.

:patpatpat: