Do you believe in Time Travel

6 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

I am convinced you don't read past the headline, the first few sentences in your link says it all. 

Strictly speaking, when telescopes look at the light from distant galaxies, they are not literally looking back in time. The past no longer exists, so no one can directly look at it. Instead, the telescopes are looking at the present-time pattern of a beam of light. 

Learn to read peasant. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I do believe in time travel but we do it forward not backwards. If you were to go to  Italy, you could have taken as ship centuries ago and it would have taken you days. But now, you can

You think Pluto is in another galaxy?   You are one dumb mother fucker    And that's not time travel, that's just the delay of light speed

Pluto isn't millions of light years away and when you look at a galaxy millions of light years away you're just looking at a delayed image. That galaxy is in the same time as we are we just can't see

4 hours ago, Cell said:

Ghost....dude... :ben:

Pluto is actually 0.000628 light years away from the sun. That’s about 0.23 light days.  You could also say that’s about 5 and half hours. 

So if you have a baller telescope on Pluto and you look at the earth, you see it about....5 and half hours ago. 

:freeben:

Fair enough, the logic still applies tho, just go further :reg:

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I am convinced you don't read past the headline, the first few sentences in your link says it all. 

Strictly speaking, when telescopes look at the light from distant galaxies, they are not literally looking back in time. The past no longer exists, so no one can directly look at it. Instead, the telescopes are looking at the present-time pattern of a beam of light. 

Learn to read peasant. 

Does it matter? If I’m far enough away, and can see with a strong enough scope, I can see millions of years ago. It’s a fact. 

49 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Does it matter? If I’m far enough away, and can see with a strong enough scope, I can see millions of years ago. It’s a fact. 

oh now it doesn't matter? 🤣 

Edited by Goukosan
31 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

oh now it doesn't matter? 🤣 

Y’all doubling down on the fact that I said Pluto rather than a farther planet. The logic still applies and you know it. 5 hrs ago is 5 hours ago, being on Pluto looking at earth I’m looking at the past, point blank 

3 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Y’all doubling down on the fact that I said Pluto rather than a farther planet. The logic still applies and you know it. 5 hrs ago is 5 hours ago, being on Pluto looking at earth I’m looking at the past, point blank 

The article explained to you in plain terms that you're not looking at the past as the past doesn't exist anymore.   

Using your dumbass logic everytime you look at an old picture you time travel because "you're looking at the past" 

:dc:

Edited by Goukosan
17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The article explained to you in plain terms that you're not looking at the past as the past doesn't exist anymore.   

Using your dumbass logic everytime you look at an old picture you time travel because "you're looking at the past" 

Can pictures move in real time? :reg: can you freely explore pictures and see the time around that time? 

Its 100% the first step of time travel, manipulating light 

22 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Can pictures move in real time? :reg: can you freely explore pictures and see the time around that time? 

Its 100% the first step of time travel, manipulating light 

Moving pictures are called videos 

you can do that with a full 3D video recording.   Is that considered time travel 🤡 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

Moving pictures are called videos 

you can do that with a full 3D video recording.   Is that considered time travel 🤡 

Which videos change based on the distance they’re viewed? 

they don’t :reg: 

if I can get far enough, I can see back far enough. As far as I want, in theory :reg:

20 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Which videos change based on the distance they’re viewed? 

they don’t :reg: 

if I can get far enough, I can see back far enough. As far as I want, in theory :reg:

What if the light already traveled past where you're at, what if there was something reflecting it,  some refraction, something impeding the light? 

I suggest you AT LEAST read the full article you yourself posted, because you don't have a working understanding of this at all. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

What if the light already traveled past where you're at, what if there was something reflecting it,  some refraction, something impeding the light? 

I suggest you AT LEAST read the full article you yourself posted, because you don't have a working understanding of this at all. 

You keep moving the goal post, I’m simply saying I can control what time period i see on earth based on the distance I travel assuming I have enough of a high powered scope

2 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

You keep moving the goal post, I’m simply saying I can control what time period i see on earth based on the distance I travel assuming I have enough of a high powered scope

No you can't control what time period you see..  that's what you're not getting. You're not seeing in the past, the past no longer exists.  You're seeing light as it travels through space. 

speaking of moving  goal posts... You moved the goal post from saying you can time travel by looking through a telescope 🔭. ... 😂🤣

Then you backtracked and said "it doesn't matter" 

49 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

No you can't control what time period you see..  that's what you're not getting. You're not seeing in the past, the past no longer exists.  You're seeing light as it travels through space. 

speaking of moving  goal posts... You moved the goal post from saying you can time travel by looking through a telescope 🔭. ... 😂🤣

Then you backtracked and said "it doesn't matter" 

It is the closest form to time travel we have no, and there is no other way to view the past. Ain’t no way around it kiddo, I’m right :blessed:

1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

It is the closest form to time travel we have no, and there is no other way to view the past. Ain’t no way around it kiddo, I’m right :blessed:

"when telescopes look at the light from distant galaxies, they are not literally looking back in time. The past no longer exists, so no one can directly look at it. Instead, the telescopes are looking at the present-time pattern of a beam of light."

Owned by your own link 😂🤣

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"when telescopes look at the light from distant galaxies, they are not literally looking back in time. The past no longer exists, so no one can directly look at it. Instead, the telescopes are looking at the present-time pattern of a beam of light."

Owned by your own link 😂🤣

And yet, I’d be able to see the dinosaurs on earth if I traveled far enough. 

What’s it called when you travel, and see a different time?

:wonder:

2 hours ago, lostfool said:

Shistz, Twinkyshit, and Dynotard are the stupidest people on the planet.  No wonder they never leave their basement

only ghostz is capable of rivaling their underwhelming intellect 

2 hours ago, ghostz life matters said:

And yet, I’d be able to see the dinosaurs on earth if I traveled far enough. 

What’s it called when you travel, and see a different time?

:wonder:

If you sat on Pluto and watched a live stream from Earth on a light speed internet connection it would be delayed by 5 hours. Are you suddenly a time traveller then too?

• aitch 1