Leaker: 'Kojima will sign a contract with Microsoft to publish his episodic horror project'

honestly I don't like the idea of a episodic horror game after the Dark Pictures Anthology. All of those games are such a step down from Until Dawn, and Im convinced that this project would have the same flaws even if it is handled by Kojima.

honestly episodic in everything sounds terrible to me. if a horror game can't finish a story within a game times length I doubt the story is worth it. Sounds like a filler's wet dream.

Edited by kaz
5 hours ago, kaz said:

honestly episodic in everything sounds terrible to me. if a horror game can't finish a story within a game times length I doubt the story is worth it. Sounds like a filler's wet dream.

Depends on how he writes the narrative. You can easily have a satisfying conclusion to a single episode while still teasing things that setup the sequel in a overarching narrative that span all episodes. It depends on how it's handle.

The Banner Saga is one of my favorite RPG from last-gen and it's an episodic trilogy. Each episode had a satisfying conclusion and felt like a proper length game in it's own rights. Plus they didn't take too long in between releases.

But yeah it's an exception among episodic games.

On 2021-06-27 at 5:23 PM, Ramza said:

Depends on how he writes the narrative. You can easily have a satisfying conclusion to a single episode while still teasing things that setup the sequel in a overarching narrative that span all episodes. It depends on how it's handle.

The Banner Saga is one of my favorite RPG from last-gen and it's an episodic trilogy. Each episode had a satisfying conclusion and felt like a proper length game in it's own rights. Plus they didn't take too long in between releases.

But yeah it's an exception among episodic games.

I'm just saying I doubt episodic content for a horror project is recommendable. I'd rather play an awesome horror game with a unique story than wait for a new ep to come out and everything is stretched to the point you don't even care anymore. The older I get I really loathe longer games or such impossible big projects with lots of promises but fail in the end to deliver. 

And horror especially I want a start and a finish, and preferably 15 hours max. lol it's just I played so many horror games recently, all the first person horrors: 

Amnesia the dark descent, Amnesia a machien for pigs, Amnesia Rebirt, alien hide shit (which i godmoded bc the game sucks), soma, observer, the beast within, conarium, close to the sun

and then a million custom stories from the original amnesia, the community made some really amazing games.

white night, (its like a silent hill game in first person, the guy who made the game and wrote the story even released a book adaption later), the great work, amadeus, the shadow of the ramlord etc etc

Horror desperately needs an ending in my book, no way some filler plot conclusion at the end of each episode makes me want to play more. I barely finish games. 

• Upvote 1