Konami & Bloober Team announce a new strategic partnership

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/konami-and-bloober-team-announce-partnership-amid-silent-hill-links/

More fucking Western Silent Hill games.

VGC Confirms that Konami and Bloober Team are working on a new Silent Hill title:

According to people with knowledge of Bloober’s plans, one of the projects it’s working on is Silent Hill related

They should have signed Red Barrels to do it (outlast). Both are great games made on a small budget. They could do a lot with more resources. 

Edited by Cooke

How many fucking times is Konami going to pass Silent Hill to some shitty western developer?

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?"

Literally the dumbest fucking morons in gaming

3 minutes ago, Delita said:

How many fucking times is Konami going to pass Silent Hill to some shitty western developer?

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?"

Literally the dumbest fucking morons in gaming

I said it once and ill say it again: Downpour was good :mjpls:

im not sure why anyone would be upset about this or even care. silent hill is dead for a long time and we will never g et those classic games people want.

Bloober owns, I played all their games except the medium and their games were waaay better than the series of failed american dev silent hills.

you guys get it wrong. It's not that bloober isn't worth it to create a silent hill game; it's that silent hill doesn't deserve bloober. Not after all the bad games in the series. 

15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

frictional games are the only western devs that could do something wild with this franchise. 

wrong my man, they are equal. soma = observer

Yea, this is the worst timeline.

This one will be a big wait and see for me.  Hopefully they can somehow do a good job of it.  It's hard to know though what kind of project it is.  If they have multiple Silent Hill games in development, it could be that the "real" Silent Hill is being made by a Japanese developer.

Hopefully this is just some kind of unique spin-off.

you guys make me sick

you know nothing of bloober

you guys dont care about silent hill bc its clearly dead for over a century and all we got were mediocre action games at best, with the sh name slapped on

you guys make me sick

bloober made the best horror game in recent vidja history

im crying

1 hour ago, kaz said:

im not sure why anyone would be upset about this or even care. silent hill is dead for a long time and we will never g et those classic games people want.

Bloober owns, I played all their games except the medium and their games were waaay better than the series of failed american dev silent hills.

you guys get it wrong. It's not that bloober isn't worth it to create a silent hill game; it's that silent hill doesn't deserve bloober. Not after all the bad games in the series. 

I think only one of them (homecoming) was made by an american dev, while Shattered Memroies, Origins and Downpour were made by some shitty eurotrash fagots.

This new Silent Hill will probably be the worst yet since they're Polish Trash :will:

• Haha 1

isn't bloober team like 40 people. Unless they go on a hiring spree then this is going to be pretty low budget by SH standards. Maybe thats the reason Konami is willing to revive the series, they wouldn't have to make it a huge investment if they went with Bloober.

• 2 weeks later...
(2/3) apparent situation is like I've been saying since last year, there may be 2 Silent Hill games in dev, one a PS5 game, the other a multi-platform game by two different teams. Now something I know 100% is in 2018 Konami was shopping around for two SH games, one a soft reboot,

Bloober with a budget is something im down with. They make good games but they are all cheaply made. Sometimes that has some charm sometimes it just feels unpolished. I think with the money behind them it will be worth checking out. Itd be worth checking it out without the money behind it tbh