According to Jeff Grubb, the Dead Space project is a remake of the first game in the vein of RE2 REmake

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

IMO 2 improved gameplay elements over the first.. but the setting, atmosphere, horror, setup, story and and overall design of the first is much better.

The best things from the second game could retroactively be put into the first game and make it better... which is possibly what they are going to do.

2 had significantly better and more diverse environments. 1 was so drab and dull. 

16 hours ago, Goukosan said:

lol wut? 

Outside of the altered cutscenes and dialogue it was practically identical.

Anyway Gematsu backed this rumor and specifically called the game a 'reimagining' so it might be completely different from the original DS (much like Catalyst was to the original Mirror's Edge).

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Outside of the altered cutscenes and dialogue it was practically identical.

Anyway Gematsu backed this rumor and specifically called the game a 'reimagining' so it might be completely different from the original DS (much like Catalyst was to the original Mirror's Edge).

If by practically identical you mean that the level design got changed, the puzzles are different, there's now an invincible enemy that follows you everywhere and the enemies placements have been completely overhauled then yeah, you're right, it's practically identical. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

If by practically identical you mean that the level design got changed, the puzzles are different, there's now an invincible enemy that follows you everywhere and the enemies placements have been completely overhauled then yeah, you're right, it's practically identical. 

:deadronda:

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Honestly it’s been a while since I played remake or the original so my memory might be a bit fuzzy :ben: 

Lo it's fine. On a surface level it looks like a faithful remake because it has all the same story beats and mostly the same areas. 

But it didn't take me too long to realize I was playing a very different game. While I wouldn't say the remake is a bad game I personally prefer the original.