Digital Foundry - Doom Eternal Ray Tracing Analysis

7 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

You don't even need DLSS, even the 6000 AMD GPU's are killing it with RT in this game. Their implementation is very good. 

Yea, the engine it just insanely optimized.  DLSS is incredible though.  If you have the option, you're stupid not to use it.

Best thing is that it's implemented into all the biggest engines already.  Support is coming in fast now.

9 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

If you have a RTX 3080 or higher? Would you even need DLSS, I thought this was for struggle GPUs that wouldn't be able to run ray tracing natively.

I'm averaging like 130 FPS at 3440x1440 with RT on and a 6900XT, so in all reality DLSS is very much not needed. 

On 2021-07-04 at 4:41 AM, The Mother Fucker said:

If you have a RTX 3080 or higher? Would you even need DLSS, I thought this was for struggle GPUs that wouldn't be able to run ray tracing natively.

Don't listen to Dynoshit.  Run DLSS it will look even better.  It often cleans up artifacts. 

1 hour ago, JonbX said:

Not that impressed with the RT in this game

You've got to be in the right environment for it to really shine. Wait until you get into a place that looks like a laboratory with a bunch of metal everywhere and reflective surfaces. It's pretty good.