So I take it the new Ratchet actually sucks?

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Of course you haven't changed your tune, it doesn't matter what you own, you will always be in the same camp. That's exactly what I was saying. lol

GC

PS4

have been my preferences last 3 gens lol while owning all systems. But yeah same camp.

Difference is I can make an informed choice while you're just fanboying the only thing you have access to :drake:

Love Sony last gen, hate Sony this gen when nothing has changed :hest:

• dead 1
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everytime I scroll systemwars these days all I see is Remij waving his collection plate hoping for some AAA Sony leftovers.  

Remji just trying to convince himself that his $2k+ setup was so totally worth it to play emulators and beg for ports.  

I actually just finished it. Game was seriously fantastic. If it wasn’t for Returnal it would be my GOTY. I’m hoping they make an expansion with Rivet and Kit.   Insomniac is one of my top 3

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

GC

PS4

have been my preferences last 3 gens lol while owning all systems. But yeah same camp.

Difference is I can make an informed choice while you're just fanboying the only thing you have access to :drake:

Really now? I don't remember you championing Xbox, ever.

Everything has changed. Sony first party is and less to my liking. Didn't even buy Ghost of Tsushima or TLOU2 last-year. Idgaf.

And all the third party Jap exclusives that made me love Playstation are pretty much all multiplatform now. There really isn't much left for me on Playstation.

Lol at acting like I always only owned one platform. lol 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

GC

PS4

its one thing to fanboy.

its another to be more of a hateboy than fanboy.

and then its a whole nother level when your hateboying is affecting your purchasing decisions.

I greatly enjoyed my X360 during that gen. They were doing alot of things right. I played GTA5 completely on there, RDR1 completely on there.

I played AssCreed 1 on PS3, and then decided to play AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations entirely on X360.

But they have seriously dropped the ball with the quality of first-party exclusives. Sony has absolutely eaten their lunch in that area.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Really now? I don't remember you championing Xbox, ever.

Everything has changed. Sony first party is and less to my liking. Didn't even buy Ghost of Tsushima or TLOU2 last-year. Idgaf.

And all the third party Jap exclusives that made me love Playstation are pretty much all multiplatform now. There really isn't much left for me on Playstation.

Lol at acting like I always only owned one platform. lol 

You prob don't know me before the PS4 era and the Xbox One era has been horrific for Xbox. Don't even know how Xbox fanboys were championing xbox last gen. Also 99% of the shit here is just trolling and playing along. WDYPT is the only thread where I post seriously and if you go there you'd know I'm very much not just playing PS games. 

My point is still that you are just hating on things you have't played. GoT, TLOU2, Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Returnal and Ratchet are all objectively excellent whether you have played them or not, or even if they aren't to your taste. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

You prob don't know me before the PS4 era and the Xbox One era has been horrific for Xbox. Don't even know how Xbox fanboys were championing xbox last gen. Also 99% of the shit here is just trolling and playing along. WDYPT is the only thread where I post seriously and if you go there you'd know I'm very much not just playing PS games. 

My point is still that you are just hating on things you have't played. GoT, TLOU2, Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Returnal and Ratchet are all objectively excellent whether you have played them or not, or even if they aren't to your taste. 

Fair enough. 

I did beat Demon's Souls like 8 times though. It's why Idgaf about what is essentially the same experience but prettier.

And lol Ratchet. :poop: 😛 

Just now, Ramza said:

Fair enough. 

I did beat Demon's Souls like 8 times though. It's why Idgaf about what is essentially the same experience but prettier.

And lol Ratchet. :poop: 😛 

Yeah that's fair. I beat the OG once and never touched it again and the same for the Remake. 8 times, fuck that lol 

Ratchet :mjcry:

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

GC

PS4

You live in this world where you think that we couldn't already own PS5's if we wanted to.  LMAO like come the fuck on.. "you hate PS5 because you don't have access to one"... no... I don't have one because I don't give a shit about owning one :hest: 

Why the fuck can't Sony fanboys just accept that not everybody gives a shit about Sony's open world action template games and that just because they get prettier doesn't mean they're any better?

Just now, Remij said:

You live in this world where you think that we couldn't already own PS5's if we wanted to.  LMAO like come the fuck on.. "you hate PS5 because you don't have access to one"... no... I don't have one because I don't give a shit about owning one :hest: 

Why the fuck can't Sony fanboys just accept that not everybody gives a shit about Sony's open world action template games and that just because they get prettier doesn't mean they're any better?

I'd have a lot more time believing you don't care about Sony games if you weren't endlessly begging for Sony games and talking about Sony games. :shrug:

Just now, madmaltese said:

I'd have a lot more time believing you don't care about Sony games if you weren't endlessly begging for Sony games and talking about Sony games. :shrug:

I don't breh.  That's a desperate deflection attempt from an entire forum of butthurt cows.

Think logically my dude... If I cared about them THAT much... I'd own a PS5 already.  The fact that I don't care enough about them... to either wait for them to come to PC, or not play them at all... says everything.

This is my first generation where I haven't bought a PS console at launch.  I feel absolutely NO desire to own one this time around.

Just now, Remij said:

I don't breh.  That's a desperate deflection attempt from an entire forum of butthurt cows.

Think logically my dude... If I cared about them THAT much... I'd own a PS5 already.  The fact that I don't care enough about them... to either wait for them to come to PC, or not play them at all... says everything.

This is my first generation where I haven't bought a PS console at launch.  I feel absolutely NO desire to own one this time around.

Not really sure why the cows would be butthurt considering the first party Sony games Sony has already released. Nearly everything better than it has any right being and all within the first year (PS4 had nothing great till Bloodborne). Bluepoint, Housemarque and Insomniac all at peak performance. Astrobot the best platformer Sony has had in years (they really have something special there with Asobi), etc

Yeah but I also think you're so committed to this (and somehow trying to prove you're right) that there is nothing that will change your mind. Horizon 2 can be a 10 and you won't care (even if you liked Horizion ZD), GoW2 can be GOTG and you won't care (even though you loved GoW), etc etc. You literally adopted the Sony template argument that you argued against last gen, in a time where Sony hasn't even released a 3rd person open world game outside of Miles. Meanwhile offering a crazy variety of genres in Astrobot, Demons Souls, Returnal and Ratchet (please don't do a Dyno and say the dumbest thing ever like they are all the same cause all 3rd person).

But anyways, not really going over this again. You do you. 

Mad mentioning Astrobot made me realize that if there's one thing that could sell me on a PS5 it's PSVR2... if they make a really good headset and is somewhat affordable I might just get one.

But that will depend if I already have a PC headset at that point.

4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Mad mentioning Astrobot made me realize that if there's one thing that could sell me on a PS5 it's PSVR2... if they make a really good headset and is somewhat affordable I might just get one.

But that will depend if I already have a PC headset at that point.

Get a Quest 2 and connect to PC with Air Link and never look back lol.  You have access to all the best VR platforms, while being completely untethered and free to easily take and move it anywhere.  That kind of experience is worth more than any spec bullshit.

I'm sure Sony will have some sick PSVR2 games though. 

That's actually one of the big areas I think Sony should focus on with their PC endeavors..  Bring your VR games to PC as well... it just makes sense to support as large of a user base as possible.

And PCVR devs should absolutely focus on bringing PCVR games to PS as well.  Works both ways.

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Get a Quest 2 and connect to PC with Air Link and never look back lol.  You have access to all the best VR platforms, while being completely untethered and free to easily take and move it anywhere.  That kind of experience is worth more than any spec bullshit.

I'm sure Sony will have some sick PSVR2 games though. 

Air link is a way to avoid being connected to facebook I take it? 

I'd still be really curious to see what Sony comes up with. 

And I was gravitating more towards the Valve Index has far as PCVR goes.

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Not really sure why the cows would be butthurt considering the first party Sony games Sony has already released. Nearly everything better than it has any right being and all within the first year (PS4 had nothing great till Bloodborne). Bluepoint, Housemarque and Insomniac all at peak performance. Astrobot the best platformer Sony has had in years (they really have something special there with Asobi), etc

Yeah but I also think you're so committed to this (and somehow trying to prove you're right) that there is nothing that will change your mind. Horizon 2 can be a 10 and you won't care (even if you liked Horizion ZD), GoW2 can be GOTG and you won't care (even though you loved GoW), etc etc. You literally adopted the Sony template argument that you argued against last gen, in a time where Sony hasn't even released a 3rd person open world game outside of Miles. Meanwhile offering a crazy variety of genres in Astrobot, Demons Souls, Returnal and Ratchet (please don't do a Dyno and say the dumbest thing ever like they are all the same cause all 3rd person).

But anyways, not really going over this again. You do you. 

Well, they're butthurt that not everyone agrees Sony's games are the best, and/or overrated.

This is just my natural progression man.  I used to be a huge Sony fanboy... but consoles in general have lost me since the late PS3 and PS4 gen.  Outside of Sony exclusive games, my PS4 might as well not have even existed.. and I'm not about buying every console anymore just for a few good games.

Look at the WiiU and how it failed... and then Nintendo makes a different system, launches almost all of the same WiiU games on it again... and they completely sell gangbusters and review better than ever before.  Ok.. so people didn't like the WiiU, either it's form factor, or it's gimmick or whatever.. I get that.. but you had a bunch of Nintendo games which didn't move that needle at all... and then all of a sudden on new hardware they're the most amazing things and people buy them in droves..  It just shows how much of a hive mentality videogaming has.  It's the entire perception around a product which determines it's success.  And it's why Sony could release literal shit smeared in a plastic case, and it would sell millions at this point.  Their hype is self fueled and it has people convinced that their games, and theirs only are just so amazing.  Reviewers completely are a part of this chain as well.  They're humans and can't help but be excited about shit, I get that... but it completely feeds into the cycle.  It's why Sony gives so much shit about Metacritic scores over even sales.  Days Gone sold very well... but Sony didn't give a shit.  That perception that their games are amazing is more important for the company as a whole because if Sony is synonymous with quality... then people don't question anything and buy blindly.

I get it.. It's not like I'm saying their games are bad.. I know this type of stuff is true for not just Sony but anyone else as well, and it just shows Sony is doing an amazing job... but just realize that not everyone sees their games the same way, and some of us believe they are overrated.

12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Air link is a way to avoid being connected to facebook I take it? 

I'd still be really curious to see what Sony comes up with. 

And I was gravitating more towards the Valve Index has far as PCVR goes.

Nah, you'll still have to link a Facebook account.  But it's really not intrusive and you can just turn all that shit off so nobody knows anything.

I totally understand if that's a dealbreaker for you though.

Air Link is just a way of wirelessly connecting the Quest 2 to PC and play PCVR games on it.  It works seamlessly with Oculus' app and SteamVR.  So you have access to all the games on both platforms.

The Index is quite a bit more expensive, but is undoubtedly superior overall.  The controllers are better for sure.. but of course, you're tethered (might not be a big deal to you) and there's a much more involved setup process.

For me, the Quest 2 hardware is pretty fucking sick.. and having that untethered/get up and go type experience is just unparalleled in the VR space right now.  It's the sweet spot in all regards imo.

PSVR2 will be pretty slick though you can bet.  It has some nice specs and has eye tracked foveated rendering, and the controllers seem to be pretty great as well.  It will be interesting to see the price. 

3 hours ago, Remij said:

Well, they're butthurt that not everyone agrees Sony's games are the best, and/or overrated.

This is just my natural progression man.  I used to be a huge Sony fanboy... but consoles in general have lost me since the late PS3 and PS4 gen.  Outside of Sony exclusive games, my PS4 might as well not have even existed.. and I'm not about buying every console anymore just for a few good games.

Look at the WiiU and how it failed... and then Nintendo makes a different system, launches almost all of the same WiiU games on it again... and they completely sell gangbusters and review better than ever before.  Ok.. so people didn't like the WiiU, either it's form factor, or it's gimmick or whatever.. I get that.. but you had a bunch of Nintendo games which didn't move that needle at all... and then all of a sudden on new hardware they're the most amazing things and people buy them in droves..  It just shows how much of a hive mentality videogaming has.  It's the entire perception around a product which determines it's success.  And it's why Sony could release literal shit smeared in a plastic case, and it would sell millions at this point.  Their hype is self fueled and it has people convinced that their games, and theirs only are just so amazing.  Reviewers completely are a part of this chain as well.  They're humans and can't help but be excited about shit, I get that... but it completely feeds into the cycle.  It's why Sony gives so much shit about Metacritic scores over even sales.  Days Gone sold very well... but Sony didn't give a shit.  That perception that their games are amazing is more important for the company as a whole because if Sony is synonymous with quality... then people don't question anything and buy blindly.

I get it.. It's not like I'm saying their games are bad.. I know this type of stuff is true for not just Sony but anyone else as well, and it just shows Sony is doing an amazing job... but just realize that not everyone sees their games the same way, and some of us believe they are overrated.

Not sure I agree with their games being overrated man, and definitely disagree that Sony currently has some charm with reviewers. This gen has felt like nothing but endless negative press by game sites against Playstation. Xbox is by far the most publicity loved brand withing games journalism at the moment, because they talk, they engage, they have GP, etc. Sony has went full reclusive since Ryan and lost all media personality and basically giving journos nothing. Having played their games, I personally think they match up pretty fairly with their meta (it's not like sony games are getting 93+ meta scores like some ninty games do). Ratchet is a high 80s game, Miles is a mid 80s game. Demons Souls is a low 90s. Astrobot should be higher. All Stars is ass and Meta shows that, Days Gone got destroyed in reviews, etc. I know you might say I'm biased but the most overrated game I've seen so far this year from GS is The Medium. I don't know what level of high you need to be to think that is a 9/10 (especially a GS 9). Sony has just narrowed down and focused on high quality on fewer titles and it's worked. What games do you think are vastly overrated from what you have played from Sony (don't say TLOU2 because it's to subjective based on story, technically it is top tier)? 

Personally my current progression has that PS5 is mostly a Sony first party machine and XSX is pure GP. Nearly cut all 3rd parties outside of GP until they get there. But yeah I do rave more about the Sony games because they are the ones that are actual top quality. Xbox hasn't done that yet and I can't wait till they do. When they release bangers I will very much say they are, but it's impossible to say they have atm. GP currently what you play to fill in till Sony releases the top tier games. 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Not sure I agree with their games being overrated man, and definitely disagree that Sony currently has some charm with reviewers. This gen has felt like nothing but endless negative press by game sites against Playstation. Xbox is by far the most publicity loved brand withing games journalism at the moment, because they talk, they engage, they have GP, etc. Sony has went full reclusive since Ryan and lost all media personality and basically giving journos nothing. Having played their games, I personally think they match up pretty fairly with their meta (it's not like sony games are getting 93+ meta scores like some ninty games do). Ratchet is a high 80s game, Miles is a mid 80s game. Demons Souls is a low 90s. Astrobot should be higher. All Stars is ass and Meta shows that, Days Gone got destroyed in reviews, etc. I know you might say I'm biased but the most overrated game I've seen so far this year from GS is The Medium. I don't know what level of high you need to be to think that is a 9/10 (especially a GS 9). Sony has just narrowed down and focused on high quality on fewer titles and it's worked. What games do you think are vastly overrated from what you have played from Sony (don't say TLOU2 because it's to subjective based on story, technically it is top tier)? 

Personally my current progression has that PS5 is mostly a Sony first party machine and XSX is pure GP. Nearly cut all 3rd parties outside of GP until they get there. But yeah I do rave more about the Sony games because they are the ones that are actual top quality. Xbox hasn't done that yet and I can't wait till they do. When they release bangers I will very much say they are, but it's impossible to say they have atm. GP currently what you play to fill in till Sony releases the top tier games. 

That's alright man, we don't need to agree on everything.

I think in the end, the negative stuff press reviewers speak about Playstation aren't integral to people liking/wanting the system/games.  Like negative press about cross-play stuff, or not having a gamepass equivalent isn't really as negative as it's portrayed to be.. because the userbase is massive, and they've already proven that they buy games.  Those things are "nice to haves"... and Sony is iffy on them... but those issues aren't going to move the needle at all on their own.  And I feel that negative Sony stuff is always balanced out with positive stuff and of course reiterating that Sony's games are amazing.  I feel like Sony's games are overrated because they are pretty and well produced.  If they weren't as pretty as they are, things would be different.  But by being pretty, and having sky high production values, sites and reviewers often overlook issues with the games.

Ratchet to me is a fine example.. because it's by far the buggiest Ratchet game that has ever existed, and hardly anyone acknowledges it in their Reviews, and even if they do, the scores don't reflect it.  It might be like "I had some issues with the character falling through the world or not loading at the right spawn point, but with the PS5's incredible storage it only took 2 seconds to reload and fix the issue" type stuff.  I feel the Spider-man games are overrated, because they are based on a beloved character and are extremely flashy.  Those games aren't doing anything that many other games haven't done before... but they certainly are doing them more flashily and cinematically than ever before.  Take Spider-man, remove Peter Parker, remove the Marvel from it, and you're left with Infamous... which is an 80 meta game. I'm going to count Final Fantasy 7 Remake in this as well.. There's NO WAY imo, that FF7R is a 10/10 game.

Naughty Dog has been making the same type of game since Uncharted 1.  They've been refining it and improving it by changing up certain things... but it's a very tried and true formula.  I'd like to see something out of left field from them... but hearing that they're working on TLOU1 again... as much as I love that game... I don't care.

Like, if you're a person who doesn't care about cinematic flashy stuff.. a lot of these high 80's/low 90's games become more average.  Not everyone is convinced by them.  Some people like more experimental, varied type experiences which try something different, and visuals don't really matter to them.  And that's fine, but man, sometimes Sony fans get really worked up when you don't see things the same way as they do.  And they see it that way because they spent $500 on a box specifically for that.

About The Medium.. yeah Gamespot's score is absolutely baffling.  I don't understand how it got that either.  It's a 6-7 at best.. and is full of bugs and issues as well.  Gamespot is fucked up :yeshrug: 

14 hours ago, madmaltese said:

:deadkoolaid:

Bloodborne is coming any day now just you wait and see :feelsbadman:

16 hours ago, Remij said:

You live in this world where you think that we couldn't already own PS5's if we wanted to.

Which makes you a more obvious HATEboy.

Did you honestly think you were giving a good answer?

What you are telling us is that you hate the Playstation so much that you are going out of your way to not buy it.

Yeah, that's called being a hateboy. Which is even more pathetic than any fanboy.

And you are even MORE PATHETIC than the average hateboy............because you are also BEGGING for Playstation games, at the same time going out of your way to avoid buying a Playstation.

:kaz:That last sentence is so unbelievably pathetic, I can't believe that I typed it, yet its 100% accurate.

Edited by jehurey