Ok its time to buy a new PC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PC is set up. I added the additional 16gb ram, installed the 2060, and 2 external SSDs. This thing fucking flies.   Gonna sell the 32gb ddr3 from my old PC and the corsair 550watt PSU. DDR 3 is expens

Yes you were right. This one does have a proprietary PSU. My current one won't fit, but I just contacted customer service and they will put in a 500watt instead for a little more money. 

Pretty sure Dell PSUs are proprietary and 360W isn't going to be enough. 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The CPU might not be up to snuff if you want to play new games on it, but what really stuck out to me was the PSU. 500w is definitely not enough if you want to upgrade to one of the newer cards at some point.

If I have no issues playing new games with an i7 from 2009 then I think this will be ok lol. I mostly just play Dota anyway . 

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Just a bit slightly more than you’re asking but this would play most modern games at 1080p. 

https://slickdeals.net/f/15153088-dell-xps-8940-se-desktop-i7-11700-16gb-ddr4-512gb-ssd-rtx-2060-super-1-100-or-less-w-sd-cashback-free-s-h

That's 1699 in Canada haha. It's the videocard which makes it costs much more. I've already got a 2060. I just want a decent pc with a worthless on board videocard in it

Edited by Cooke

Why would you not spend a few hundred more and get something that isnt trash? Everything about that PC is junk. You can probably throw your 2060 in there and be good until cross gen is over i guess but why waste the money on junk.  Spend a bit more and get something with a good cpu.

You can probably put a 3060 in that PC but any more than that might be iffy with that PSU. But why would you want to put a better GPU in that junk anyway. Spend more.

24 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Why would you not spend a few hundred more and get something that isnt trash? Everything about that PC is junk. You can probably throw your 2060 in there and be good until cross gen is over i guess but why waste the money on junk.  Spend a bit more and get something with a good cpu.

You can probably put a 3060 in that PC but any more than that might be iffy with that PSU. But why would you want to put a better GPU in that junk anyway. Spend more.

PSU's are cheap and easily swapped out.  Besides, my monitor is a 1080p ultra wide, 2060 will be fine for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, Cooke said:

PSU's are cheap and easily swapped out.  Besides, my monitor is a 1080p ultra wide, 2060 will be fine for a few years. 

Is it easy to swap out the PSU in that PC? That PC lives and dies with its CPU. Get something better.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Definitely don't buy a computer with a 9400 in it for $800 in 2021 lol. Canada Computers will assemble a computer for $50 and you'll get way more for your money just buying the parts. 

What processor do you suggest?

Went with the dell for 785 taxes included. 

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11400 processor(6-Core, 12M Cache, 2.6GHz to 4.4GHz)

Windows 10 Home English

Intel® UHD Graphics 730 with shared graphics memory

16GB, 8Gx2, DDR4, 2933MHz

512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive 

Adding the 2060 and another 1tb SSD and 31" ultra wide 200hz monitor. 

Done. 

12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Pretty sure Dell PSUs are proprietary and 360W isn't going to be enough. 

Then I'll take out my 550 in my current one. 

Just now, Cooke said:

Then I'll take out my 550 in my current one. 

Possibly wont fit in the case.  Dell always has some fucked up proprietary design so that you can't just swap shit like that.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Possibly wont fit in the case.  Dell always has some fucked up proprietary design so that you can't just swap shit like that.

My current case is a dell case. I changed the PSU just fine.