Ok its time to buy a new PC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PC is set up. I added the additional 16gb ram, installed the 2060, and 2 external SSDs. This thing fucking flies.   Gonna sell the 32gb ddr3 from my old PC and the corsair 550watt PSU. DDR 3 is expens

Yes you were right. This one does have a proprietary PSU. My current one won't fit, but I just contacted customer service and they will put in a 500watt instead for a little more money. 

Pretty sure Dell PSUs are proprietary and 360W isn't going to be enough. 

You might be able to get away with that PSU but good luck changing it if you cant. Youll get lucky and maybe be able to just not use some screws or youll have to cut out part of the case.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ok.  It was just a warning as some aren't.

Yes you were right. This one does have a proprietary PSU. My current one won't fit, but I just contacted customer service and they will put in a 500watt instead for a little more money. 

Edited by Cooke
  • Like 1
  • Geese 1

So the wattage requirements are kind of silly.. when they say 550 minimum for a 2060 it's based on a PC with energy ineffecient parts like a HDD and DDR3 ram. 

The 3060 runs perfectly on a 360psu in the same desktop.  I hate reading shit like oh you need 850!! You need 1000!! Hermits and their overkill parts 

so they emailed me back saying it was too late to change the power supply and now are taking 55 dollars off the bill.. lol i didnt even pay for the bigger power supply but ill take it. :D

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Cooke said:

so they emailed me back saying it was too late to change the power supply and now are taking 55 dollars off the bill.. lol i didnt even pay for the bigger power supply but ill take it. :D

Just run the shit outside of the case, fuck it

PC is set up. I added the additional 16gb ram, installed the 2060, and 2 external SSDs. This thing fucking flies. :love:  Gonna sell the 32gb ddr3 from my old PC and the corsair 550watt PSU. DDR 3 is expensive now 

Edited by Cooke
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Cooke said:

hermlord 1080p master gaming machine :bow: 

Untitled.png

Nice.  A friend of mine ffrom work just got a brand new PC.  His old one had a GTX670 and some ancient processor and low amount of memory.. but his new one has a 3060ti, 8 core CPU, and 16GB of RAM and he's like man it's incredible how much better it is... haha I was like yea no doubt.. coming from a 670..  He's having a blast playing a bunch of new games now B) 

Fucking awesome stuff.  New hermlords errywhere :smoke: