Ok its time to buy a new PC

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Nice.  A friend of mine ffrom work just got a brand new PC.  His old one had a GTX670 and some ancient processor and low amount of memory.. but his new one has a 3060ti, 8 core CPU, and 16GB of RAM and he's like man it's incredible how much better it is... haha I was like yea no doubt.. coming from a 670..  He's having a blast playing a bunch of new games now B) 

Fucking awesome stuff.  New hermlords errywhere :smoke: 

didnt 670 come out like 12 years ago? lol surprised it still worked. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PC is set up. I added the additional 16gb ram, installed the 2060, and 2 external SSDs. This thing fucking flies.   Gonna sell the 32gb ddr3 from my old PC and the corsair 550watt PSU. DDR 3 is expens

Yes you were right. This one does have a proprietary PSU. My current one won't fit, but I just contacted customer service and they will put in a 500watt instead for a little more money. 

Pretty sure Dell PSUs are proprietary and 360W isn't going to be enough. 

7 minutes ago, Cooke said:

didnt 670 come out like 12 years ago? lol surprised it still worked. 

Yea, it's ancient.  It was a massive upgrade in every sense.  HDD to NVMe drive...an old (in his words) ugly bland case, to a nice one with a tempered glass window.  He can't believe how fast Windows 10 boots. :D 

It was cool because I could just feel the excitement coming from him.

Building PCs is fun... but there's a different kind of excitement when you go from something pretty old, to a completely brand new system with all new parts.. running on a brand new OS and getting it all set up how you want it. :fblike: 

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nice.  A friend of mine ffrom work just got a brand new PC.  His old one had a GTX670 and some ancient processor and low amount of memory.. but his new one has a 3060ti, 8 core CPU, and 16GB of RAM and he's like man it's incredible how much better it is... haha I was like yea no doubt.. coming from a 670..  He's having a blast playing a bunch of new games now B) 

Fucking awesome stuff.  New hermlords errywhere :smoke: 

lol I can't imagine being interested in PC games and putting up with that computer for as long as your co-worker did. All my wife plays is Sims 4, WoW, and low requirement co-op games like It Takes Two and even she was getting fed up with her 8300H/8GB RAM/1050 Ti laptop. :D

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

lol I can't imagine being interested in PC games and putting up with that computer for as long as your co-worker did. All my wife plays is Sims 4, WoW, and low requirement co-op games like It Takes Two and even she was getting fed up with her 8300H/8GB RAM/1050 Ti laptop. :D

Yea, it's pretty crazy.  He's married though and a brand new PC wasn't very high on the list for many years, understandably.  He had talked about it for a long time, but always said his wife wouldn't have it :D 

Well, his patience has paid off... finally.. and ironically it happened during one of the craziest times in PC history with prices being sky high.  He didn't tell me what he paid, and I didn't ask, but he just said considering everything, he feels he didn't pay too excessively, and is extremely happy with the performance.  He's really looking forward to BF, COD, and Diablo 2 Resurrected.

10 minutes ago, Cooke said:

UW 200hz. It's delightful

Yea, I love extremely high refresh rates.  So smooth in motion.

I've got a 38GL950G-B.  175hz.

I can't ever go back to regular widescreen.  No way :facep: