PC version of FIFA 22 to be based on last gen console versions

It really is stupefying.

They DEVELOP the fucking game on PCs.

So, its actually worse because its obvious that its a decision by EA management to direct the development team to not spend one ounce of effort  on a next-gen PC version.

15 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The list of games that continue to not matter continue to grow :hest:

But hey all those indies you're playing matter not the second highest selling game ever year. 

What list? Ratchet and Clark and FIFA? lmfao

I don't play fgt annual sports games from EA, I don't give a fuck. They could all disappear from the PC market for all I care.

Just now, Ramza said:

What list? Ratchet and Clark and FIFA? lmfao

I don't play fgt annual sports games from EA, I don't give a fuck. They could all disappear from the PC market for all I care.

So please tell us what you care about because basically everything you play is a console game.

So if you actually have a console (PS5 or XSX) you'd have access to all the games you've played plus console exclusives on a system more powerful than your current PC :shrug:

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So please tell us what you care about because basically everything you play is a console game.

So if you actually have a console (PS5 or XSX) you'd have access to all the games you've played plus console exclusives on a system more powerful than your current PC :shrug:

My top three most played games on steam right now are Fallout 4, Rome 2: Total War and Attila: Total War. Two PC exclusives out of three.

Only console games you say?:ben: 

PS5 and XSX has no exclusives worth shit for me atm. You know the nice thing is when I'll get a new PC I'll still have access to all my STEAM games and will be able to play on a PC that will better or at least equal to the current gen consoles.

But regardless, I really like PC right now because it has everything. Sony release old ports of exclusive games, MS games are day one, there's the occasional PC exclusives, the niche Jap games that I usually played on Playstation or Nintendo systems are almost all there and it's the best place for indie games. 

I really don't feel the need to game anywhere else right now. That might change but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

My top three most played games on steam right now are Fallout 4, Rome 2: Total War and Attila: Total War. Two PC exclusives out of three.

Only console games you say?:ben: 

PS5 and XSX has no exclusives worth shit for me atm. You know the nice thing is when I'll get a new PC I'll still have access to all my STEAM games and will be able to play on a PC that will better or at least equal to the current gen consoles.

But regardless, I really like PC right now because it has everything. Sony release old ports of exclusive games, MS games are day one, there's the occasional PC exclusives, the niche Jap games that I usually played on Playstation or Nintendo systems are almost all there and it's the best place for indie games. 

I really don't feel the need to game anywhere else right now. That might change but we'll see.

I mean it really doesn't have everything. 

When this year ends a large number of  the GOTY nominations won't be on PC. When it comes to gamepass, PC gamepass is still miles behind Xbox game pass. If you care about old ports of sony first party then you should definitely care about the new sony releases. All it has are a large range of indies.

Regardless though if that's what you prefer for now that's fine, but going 180 and now hating every clearly great Sony first party release on PS5 just makes you look salty af. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I mean it really doesn't have everything. 

When this year ends a large number of  the GOTY nominations won't be on PC. When it comes to gamepass, PC gamepass is still miles behind Xbox game pass. If you care about old ports of sony first party then you should definitely care about the new sony releases. All it has are a large range of indies.

Regardless though if that's what you prefer for now that's fine, but going 180 and now hating every clearly great Sony first party release on PS5 just makes you look salty af. 

What games is PC missing on exactly? :D One or two or three Sony/Nintendo exclusives? What a large number of games, alright.

I'd rather get cancer than Gamepass.

I'm not hating on everything. Just the PS5 launch I find very overrated on this board right now. And you know this is SW, I like a good trolling every now and then for fun. I'm not that much of an asshole irl. I never even took the time to take a deeper look at Returnal or Ratchet. lol I'm not that serious about it.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

What games is PC missing on exactly? :D One or two or three Sony/Nintendo exclusives? What a large number of games, alright.

I'd rather get cancer than Gamepass.

I'm not hating on everything. Just the PS5 launch I find very overrated on this board right now. And you know this is SW, I like a good trolling every now and then for fun. I'm not that much of an asshole irl. I never even took the time to take a deeper look at Returnal or Ratchet. lol I'm not that serious about it.

It matters when those 2/3 Sony games that Sony release yearly are basically guaranteed GOTY noms. I don't know about you but my gaming time is limited where I would always rather be playing the best the year has to offer than playing everything but the best games when the year ends. 

Are you actually gonna buy Forza and Age of Empires on steam than get them on GP? Dayum, truly committed to the platform.

Likwise man, sometimes I hop on here and am in the mood for a troll back and forth (like now) and other times (most times) I can't be bothered haha

Just now, madmaltese said:

It matters when those 2/3 Sony games that Sony release yearly are basically guaranteed GOTY noms. I don't know about you but my gaming time is limited where I would always rather be playing the best the year has to offer than playing everything but the best games when the year ends. 

Are you actually gonna buy Forza and Age of Empires on steam than get them on GP? Dayum, truly committed to the platform.

Likwise man, sometimes I hop on here and am in the mood for a troll back and forth (like now) and other times (most times) I can't be bothered haha

I don't remember the last time reviewers were right about anything. Didn't Gamespot just gave a 10/10 to FF7R Intergrade? My god. I stopped caring a long time ago. I'd rather read someone impressions on here than an actual paid reviewer at this point.

Yes, because I don't want my games to be locked behind a monthly pay wall. Let's say I want to play AoE 5 years after it came out. That's starting to get really expansive long term. 

And steam has it's benefits, I make quite a bit of money on the steam market, it pays for my cheap games, I technically get them for free and I get to choose what I want, not forced to pick from a limited selection. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I don't remember the last time reviewers were right about anything. Didn't Gamespot just gave a 10/10 to FF7R Intergrade? My god. I stopped caring a long time ago. I'd rather read someone impressions on here than an actual paid reviewer at this point.

Yes, because I don't want my games to be locked behind a monthly pay wall. Let's say I want to play AoE 5 years after it came out. That's starting to get really expansive long term. 

And steam has it's benefits, I make quite a bit of money on the steam market, it pays for my cheap games, I technically get them for free and I get to choose what I want, not forced to pick from a limited selection. 

It's baffling :D 

It's funny how Twinky posts some shit about GS reviewers being full of shit... and then the next day is like OMFG teh AAAz Playstashun rulz :adhd: 

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Switch is a home console which also has the function of a handheld. Stop excusing 7th gen hardware with lame excuses.

Switch is a handheld that operates as a hybrid dumbo cop. 

30 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Nope.

7cFfZT0.png

hHUUSzN.png

Notice how Nintendo carefully worded it to say home gaming system and not a home gaming CONSOLE :lebron:

Again that's because it's a hybrid SYSTEM. 

It's a handheld that plugs into a dock.

They literally sell all Hybrids, all handheld versions and now OLED versions (again that's an improvement to handheld mode). 

There is currently no console only version of the Switch and all current versions run off a handheld hybrid system. 

56 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Notice how Nintendo carefully worded it to say home gaming system and not a home gaming CONSOLE :lebron:

Again that's because it's a hybrid SYSTEM. 

It's a handheld that plugs into a dock.

They literally sell all Hybrids, all handheld versions and now OLED versions (again that's an improvement to handheld mode). 

There is currently no console only version of the Switch and all current versions run off a handheld hybrid system. 

Not playing your stupid semantics game.

A home gaming system is a home console, they're one and the same. The Switch having portability infers its capability of being used abstract of the home therefore rendering said function as secondary by design.

Its foremost function is in use in the home in a fixed function configuration with a television. 

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Not playing your stupid semantics game.

A home gaming system is a home console, they're one and the same. The Switch having portability infers its capability of being used abstract of the home therefore rendering said function as secondary by design.

Its foremost function is in use in the home in a fixed function configuration with a television. 

It's a hybrid handheld dufus, you're trying to deny reality as always.   Not going back and forth with you about obvious shit. 

Edited by Goukosan

LOL, the CPU and GPU is literally within the handheld unit, and can operate on battery.

Its fundamentally designed as a handheld, first and foremost.

Even with access to the dock, it can't be overclocked to its true limits because the cooling fan is only located within the handheld, and receives no cooling assistance from the dock unit.

The way its designed, right now, it cannot take advantage of any of the fundamental designs of a gaming console unit.

The Switch could double its clockspeed right now in HANDHELD mode (which is what it does when its in docked mode), if you modded it.  The only thing that is affected is battery life. So that proves that the dock is only assisting the unit with just providing voltage and charging the battery, and being used as a USB-C to HDMI video passthrough, and providing USB port expansions.