PC beatdown 2021: Lost Judgment could be the last game in the series due to disagreement between SEGA & the agency of actor Takuya Kimura (Agency doesn’t want PC port)

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

its like you don't know why this thread exist in the first place.

it is a legal matter.

its a business matter.

its definitely not a fanboy or "lore" related manner.

The fact that you think this is replaceable or expendable because you seem to think that Yakuza is gold no matter what.........you clearly don't remember the other failed attempts of where they tried to take Yakuza spinoffs.

Yakuza Dead Souls = immediate flop

Yakuza game set in the old period = flopped

SEGA has alot to lose here.

I understand the issue and it has nothing to do with I am saying.

I never said Yakuza is gold every time, you're making shit up. Judgment sold less than it's predecessors Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 if I remember correctly, so I am not sure what you are implying here. Judgment didn't expand the fanbase in any meaningful way, it's made purely for Yakuza fans. Like I said before the change in title is because you are not part of the Yakuza. The main character is a lawyer/detective so it would make very little sense to name it as such other than brand recognition. It's not like the game was ever marketed as a new hot property from Sega that had nothing to do with Yakuza, it was clear it was a new Yakuza game from day one.

The Yakuza games set in feudal Japan was never translated or released in the west, no wonder it sold poorly. Dead Souls was just a weird shooter hybrid game that got poor reviews. Are you implying they sold badly simply because they are spin-offs? lol

I've played every Yakuza game released in the west and I am telling you it's a Yakuza game throughout in everything but name. Not sure why you are still arguing about this statement, it's %100 factual. Judgment is part of the series even if you like it or not.

And that's the end of our discussion.

Edited by Ramza
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously.   "Developer is willing to end series rather than give up making the series for that platform, therefore that platform is owned" has got to be the dumbest leap in logic this place

Its not a new IP  It's basically a Yakuza spin off set within the same universe with many of the same gameplay systems and mechanics.

Don't bother, it's a Yakuza spinoff lol.