Valve announced a new handheld and it looks like shit

this is really bad btw

Valve's Steam Deck handheld is built around the idea of your personal library of PC games being playable on the go, but there is a caveat to the system: Some of the most popular games on Steam won't be playable on it.

According to ProtonDB via PC Gamer, games such as Destiny 2, Apex Legends, PUBG, and Rainbow Six Siege won't be compatible with the preinstalled SteamOS due to the anti-cheat software not activating on the Linux-based operating software and thus leaving players locked out of the multiplayer servers.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Valve came out with a Switch Pro before Nintendo

lol sheep are shook ITT   "a number of popular online games don't work on it"   Well you guys have been skipping most online games for decades now so I'm sure everyone else can co

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No.

Answer the question.

LOL, idiot is trying to say that the photo evidence of the button placement ISN'T REAL.

Nobody said that fool.

What we are saying is that there are people out there who have actual hands on time with the device who made the same OBSERVATION you did... before they got experience with the device and said, no, they were wrong to have that assumption.

I already told you that you can observe and THINK anyway you want... but people who have actual experience with the device, say otherwise.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Nobody said that fool.

yes, he literally did.

Your eyes are neither lying to you nor telling you the truth

My claim is simple.

They are AT THE EDGE of the device.

he's trying to say that's not really true. Yet provides no evidence to the contrary.

Just now, jehurey said:

yes, he literally did.

My claim is simple.

he's trying to say that's not really true. Yet provides no evidence to the contrary.

That's not what he was responding to.

You can't have an honest argument to save your life dude :tom: 

Just now, jehurey said:

yes, he literally did.

My claim is simple.

You are actually autistic. No one is claiming they are not at the edge, holy fuck you're so stupid hahahaha. I'm saying you have no ability to have any kind of informed view on whether or not that's comfortable and/or works good or not for this device.

Wow, you are incredibly stupid. 

Just now, Remij said:

They've done a lot with Proton. :cosby2: 

Was that supposed to be a good counter-argument?

Gee, I'd sure love to know what other games are more important to the average PC game than the most popular first-person shooters.

Just now, jehurey said:

Then he's avoiding my very simple question.

Just like you did.

Thanks for confirming.

No.  Your question is irrelevant to what WE are saying... and thus there is NO NEED to answer it.. lmfao.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

You are actually autistic. No one is claiming they are not at the edge, holy fuck you're so stupid hahahaha. I'm saying you have no ability to have any kind of informed view on whether or not that's comfortable and/or works good or not for this device.

Wow, you are incredibly stupid. 

He's so fucking DUMB Jesus :D 

• Geese 1
Just now, DynamiteCop said:

You are actually autistic. No one is claiming they are not at the edge, holy fuck you're so stupid hahahaha. I'm saying you have no ability to have any kind of informed view on whether or not that's comfortable

Then show me a device that has the D-pad and/or face buttons at the VERY EDGE of the device...........and it feels good?

I already asked this question like 20 posts ago, and you didn't answer it.

Come on....................I'm waiting.

Or else...............you have nothing but.............

...............a hypothesis, right?:trump2:

Just now, Remij said:

No.  Your question is irrelevant to what WE are saying

No, you aren't saying anything.

You're just crying and getting angry and avoiding my question.

My question isn't irrelevant..............or else you would've been able to answer it, respond to it, and explain how it doesn't matter.

You've done none of that.

Just now, jehurey said:

Was that supposed to be a good counter-argument?

Gee, I'd sure love to know what other games are more important to the average PC game than the most popular first-person shooters.

Of course it is.

The amount Proton has improved in such a short time is incredible.

And I'm sure the most popular first person shooters will run just fine on it when it releases... because Valve is working with them to make them work. :drake: 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I did, you not liking the answer is irrelevant. In the end though it is the only answer, and you are in a position to dictate nothing. 

No, you didn't answer the question until your most recent post in which you inadvertently admitted that it IS AT THE EDGE of the device.

Yes I am in position to dictate..............its MY TALKING POINT.

You're (attempting to) respond to me.

Not the other way around.  I had very straightforward observations and questions, and you whined and got angry and didn't want to answer them.

I do get to dictate my own talking points, buster.:don:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Then show me a device that has the D-pad and/or face buttons at the VERY EDGE of the device...........and it feels good?

I already asked this question like 20 posts ago, and you didn't answer it.

Come on....................I'm waiting.

Or else...............you have nothing but.............

...............a hypothesis, right?:trump2:

Now you're starting to get it, even though you fucked yourself in this post haha.

I can't, because there isn't one. That's largely the point brainiac. You're not in a position to judge it, because you have no ideal how well it does or doesn't work or its level of comfort. 

Just now, jehurey said:

No, you aren't saying anything.

You're just crying and getting angry and avoiding my question.

My question isn't irrelevant..............or else you would've been able to answer it, respond to it, and explain how it doesn't matter.

You've done none of that.

No, you're just someone left with observations and thoughts...

Your observations and thoughts, are meaningless... compared to someone who has actual experience.

I don't care that you think having the buttons close to the edge is uncomfortable... because you don't have ANY experience with this device.

ZERO.

People who have... said it feels fine when you're holding it.

I value THOSE opinions more than yours.

Which is worthless to me.