MS family (PC/Series S/X) gets a hidden gem (Death's Door - 9 at IGN; 8 at GS)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this was on switch, y'all would be deepthroating it lol. MS got the win here. the game looks fun. i mean...the best game on switch last year was hades, which could pass for a phone game, as well, a

I'm playing it right now. Very solid game so far, the pacing is incredible, the game never waste your time. The first two bosses and first dungeon happens during the first 30 minutes. The level design

Well it's not as crazy as Hades. Haha I don't want to send the wrong impression, it's way slower, it's pretty simple so far but I have yet to get new upgrades so we'll see.   But the dungeon

30 minutes ago, Remij said:

Hell yea, definitely going to check this out.  Made by 2 people apparently.

Also, Psychonauts 2 is looking pretty good as well.

yeah, i'm hearing great things about psychonauts 2. 

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Smart phone gaming on a next gen system... Next gen am here :adhd:

if this was on switch, y'all would be deepthroating it lol. MS got the win here. the game looks fun. i mean...the best game on switch last year was hades, which could pass for a phone game, as well, aesthetically. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • dead 1

I'm playing it right now. Very solid game so far, the pacing is incredible, the game never waste your time. The first two bosses and first dungeon happens during the first 30 minutes. The level design is really good too.

Great art direction in general. Very solid game, I'd compare it to a cross between old school Zelda and something like Hades. It's not Roguelike, I just meant the combat and gameplay in generals feels similar.

Edited by Ramza
  • Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
Just now, Ramza said:

I'm playing it right now. Very solid game so far, the pacing is incredible, the game never waste your time. The first two bosses and first dungeon happens during the first 30 minutes. The level design is really good too.

Great art direction in general. Very solid game, I'd compare it to a cross between old school Zelda and something like Hades. It's not Roguelike, I just meant the combat and gameplay in generals feels similar.

fuck bro! sold! 

Just now, -GD-X said:

fuck bro! sold! 

Well it's not as crazy as Hades. Haha I don't want to send the wrong impression, it's way slower, it's pretty simple so far but I have yet to get new upgrades so we'll see.

But the dungeons do feel similar to old school Zelda. I think it will appeal to those fan of action adventure the most.

But I'm still really early, but I can tell quality when I see it even at that stage. I think you'd like it. Twinblade too. 

The rest of the haters can suck a dick though. Lol at this thread.

• Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

if this was on switch, y'all would be deepthroating it lol. MS got the win here. the game looks fun. i mean...the best game on switch last year was hades, which could pass for a phone game, as well, aesthetically. 

Apparently GD also stands for Gooberson Destroyed

:lawl:

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Context matters... Im not knocking the game, knocking the system. 

If Switch had nothing (no new gen games) between launch of a brand new system and 8 months in besides an indie game then you would have a point. 

Xbox hasn't had anything since launch through now.... so my comment still stands :reg:

Edited by Goukosan
57 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Well it's not as crazy as Hades. Haha I don't want to send the wrong impression, it's way slower, it's pretty simple so far but I have yet to get new upgrades so we'll see.

But the dungeons do feel similar to old school Zelda. I think it will appeal to those fan of action adventure the most.

But I'm still really early, but I can tell quality when I see it even at that stage. I think you'd like it. Twinblade too. 

The rest of the haters can suck a dick though. Lol at this thread.

If your main comparison is to Hades then thats a big red flag that I might not like it :ben:  

Just now, Twinblade said:

If your main comparison is to Hades then thats a big red flag that I might not like it :ben:  

her means more, in terms of combat. it's not rogue-like game. 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Context matters... Im not knocking the game, knocking the system. 

If Switch had nothing (no new gen games) between launch of a brand new system and 8 months in besides an indie game then you would have a point. 

Xbox hasn't had anything since launch through now.... so my comment still stands :reg:

And yet this, Flight Simulator and The Ascent are all releasing within a week and a half of each other. You're going to need to find a new excuse.

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

And yet this, Flight Simulator and The Ascent are all releasing within a week and a half of each other. You're going to need to find a new excuse.

and that doesn't change what I said regarding from launch through today does it? 

When the situation changes then you can talk... but from launch through now has been barren.

:trump: 

The Ascent is another indie game... which again is not a knock against indies... those games are good too. 

But let's not pretend that the onslaught of next gen games from launch that you were blabbing about for the last year and a half pre-launch included an 8 month launch drought, old ports and indies. 

You were shouting from the mountain tops that the new studios would be pumping out block buster AAA games from launch through year 1.

Now look at you... lol

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Twinblade said:

Yeah but im still not sure what to think. I feel like the gaming media has a tendency to overrate  top down indie games.

i'll get it and let you know how it is. 

19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and that doesn't change what I said regarding from launch through today does it? 

When the situation changes then you can talk... but from launch through now has been barren.

:trump: 

The Ascent is another indie game... which again is not a knock against indies... those games are good too. 

But let's not pretend that the onslaught of next gen games from launch that you were blabbing about for the last year and a half pre-launch included an 8 month launch drought, old ports and indies. 

You were shouting from the mountain tops that the new studios would be pumping out block buster AAA games from launch through year 1.

Now look at you... lol

Nobody cares about your faget hot takes. Just shut the hell up. Games are now beginning to release on a consistent basis and there's no sign of that stopping. You're incredibly annoying.

Edited by DynamiteCop