Dead Space Remake Teaser Trailer

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

The actual Dead Space developers are making a new original game while EA is making a remake of the first game that nobody asked for....

TBH though look at what EA has been doing with their franchises with every new sequel. ME:A was hot garbage. I wouldn’t trust them to make a new one and have it be good. 

59 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The actual Dead Space developers are making a new original game while EA is making a remake of the first game that nobody asked for....

I mean I'm still going to be way more excited about a Dead Space remake than an original IP that's a Dead Space ripoff in the PUBG universe helmed by some guys that made mediocre CoD games for the last decade.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

It already looks better than Battlefield 2042.

Reminder that the creator of Dead Space, Glen Schofield, has created a new studio and they are working on a new horror game called The Callisto Protocol, which looks fucking awesome as well.

Glen knows horror for sure.  Listen to the sounds that monster makes... sounds unique and creepy as fuck.  Necromorphs are probably some of the best designed zombie-esque monsters in gaming period.

Here's an interview about development of Dead Space and how the part of the game with the tentacle that grabs and drags you almost didn't work out

Now we're getting a Dead Space remake, which I absolutely selfishly want, as well as a brand new horror franchise from the original creator :wow2: :bow: 

• Upvote 1

Meet the team behind Dead Space Remake

https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/motive/news/meet-the-team-leading-the-remake-of-dead-space

They reiterate that it isn't a re-imagining, or reboot.  It's a remake.  Meaning that they are keeping the story and structure the same, but rebuilding everything and improving upon certain things, while being respectful to the source.

That is fucking music to my ears :blessed: 

They also said they're really focusing on volumetrics for the atmosphere... such as smoke and other effects which add a new sense of depth to the environments.  Holy shit this could be godly.. :wow2:  They also say that with the SSDs of modern consoles, they can load and unload things instantly and the experience will be 100% uninterrupted from beginning to end.  They aren't ever taking control away from the player or camera cut.  

I wonder how they will handle the tram loading screens though?  There's also certain instances where they utilize the doors "loading" to build suspense and such.  I imagine in those cases there will still be some pausing for that reason.

I can't wait to see this though.  Hopefully they don't fuck it up.  It would be awesome to have a new studio to handle this franchise that actually gets it and can move forward with it.. ya know? :smoke: 

17 minutes ago, Remij said:

Meet the team behind Dead Space Remake

https://www.ea.com/ea-studios/motive/news/meet-the-team-leading-the-remake-of-dead-space

They reiterate that it isn't a re-imagining, or reboot.  It's a remake.  Meaning that they are keeping the story and structure the same, but rebuilding everything and improving upon certain things, while being respectful to the source.

That is fucking music to my ears :blessed: 

They also said they're really focusing on volumetrics for the atmosphere... such as smoke and other effects which add a new sense of depth to the environments.  Holy shit this could be godly.. :wow2:  They also say that with the SSDs of modern consoles, they can load and unload things instantly and the experience will be 100% uninterrupted from beginning to end.  They aren't ever taking control away from the player or camera cut.  

I wonder how they will handle the tram loading screens though?  There's also certain instances where they utilize the doors "loading" to build suspense and such.  I imagine in those cases there will still be some pausing for that reason.

I can't wait to see this though.  Hopefully they don't fuck it up.  It would be awesome to have a new studio to handle this franchise that actually gets it and can move forward with it.. ya know? :smoke: 

They had the opportunity to continue the story in a sequel or spin off and decided to go this route instead, its probably going to be a safe remake like Demon's Souls. Those tech features and improvements would have been far more interesting in a new game too.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

They had the opportunity to continue the story in a sequel or spin off and decided to go this route instead, its probably going to be a safe remake like Demon's Souls. Those tech features and improvements would have been far more interesting in a new game too.

And they'll still have the opportunity... 

Yes, it will likely be very safe.. and that's a good thing for a studio trying to prove themselves.  Using this experience to help them better understand the franchise and become more intimate with it.  Perhaps if they nail this and it does well... they will take the series forward.

Edited by Remij
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

And they'll still have the opportunity... 

Yes, it will likely be very safe.. and that's a good thing for a studio trying to prove themselves.  Using this experience to help them better understand the franchise and become more intimate with it.  Perhaps if they nail this and it does well... they will take the series forward.

I wouldn't consider a remake proving they can make a unique game in that series though. Does bluepoint successfully remaking Demon's Souls mean they're capable of making a unique Souls game that reaches that same level of quality? Of course not.

This is EA btw. This could just end up being an attempt for them to squeeze money from Dead Space fans, but it doesn't indicate that they're going to continue the series even if the remake is successful. I realize thats a pessimistic way to look at things, but its better than getting excited for a sequel that might never exist.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I wouldn't consider a remake proving they can make a unique game in that series though. Does bluepoint successfully remaking Demon's Souls mean they're capable of making a unique Souls game that reaches that same level of quality? Of course not.

This is EA btw. This could just end up being an attempt for them to squeeze money from Dead Space fans, but it doesn't indicate that they're going to continue the series even if the remake is successful. I realize thats a pessimistic way to look at things, but its better than getting excited for a sequel that might never exist.

Of course not... not to you, or me.  But perhaps to the team, yes.  It's safe for the team to essentially have a guide and build and work from that.

And I'm well aware that this doesn't really mean anything other than, we're getting a remake of the first Dead Space.  But even if it's just that... I'm happy as fuck.

I'll be honest though, I feel like the game Dead Space itself doesn't need a remake at all.  It still looks good, plays good, and all that shit.  But my reasoning behind wanting a Dead Space remake (or at least remaster) is 100% selfish.  The PC version of Dead Space 1 looks great, and runs extremely well.... but it was released at a time where gamepads on PC were still fucked up and there was no real standard.  The mouse and keyboard controls for the game suck dick.. and I feel like being able to move properly diagonally and in all degrees is too important for the game.  The digital controls of the keyboard just don't work properly with it.  There's a bunch of shit you can do to try to fix it... but it ultimately just doesn't feel good.

I wanted a remake/remaster to fix that issue.  They've decided to do an actual remake, so now that issue is going to be fixed, and the visuals and everything else are getting massively improved as well.. so I'm damn happy.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Of course not... not to you, or me.  But perhaps to the team, yes.  It's safe for the team to essentially have a guide and build and work from that.

And I'm well aware that this doesn't really mean anything other than, we're getting a remake of the first Dead Space.  But even if it's just that... I'm happy as fuck.

I'll be honest though, I feel like the game Dead Space itself doesn't need a remake at all.  It still looks good, plays good, and all that shit.  But my reasoning behind wanting a Dead Space remake (or at least remaster) is 100% selfish.  The PC version of Dead Space 1 looks great, and runs extremely well.... but it was released at a time where gamepads on PC were still fucked up and there was no real standard.  The mouse and keyboard controls for the game suck dick.. and I feel like being able to move properly diagonally and in all degrees is too important for the game.  The digital controls of the keyboard just don't work properly with it.  There's a bunch of shit you can do to try to fix it... but it ultimately just doesn't feel good.

I wanted a remake/remaster to fix that issue.  They've decided to do an actual remake, so now that issue is going to be fixed, and the visuals and everything else are getting massively improved as well.. so I'm damn happy.

Fair enough. ill still buy it because I like the first game and will never say no to a high production horror experience. But I just wish there was some more ambition to the project.

Like instead of just a straight remake, they could have also included some kind of unique side story. Like the equivalent of 2-3 hour DLC that follows one of the other characters stuck on the ishimura. I think that would be really neat.

• Like 1